Victoria Seaways ferry last position
Victoria Seaways ferry last location was at Baltic Sea (coordinates 56.07803 N / 14.96197 E) cruising at speed of 19.1 kn (35 kph/ 22 mph) en route to LTKLJ=SEKAN=LTKLJ. The AIS position was reported 11 hours ago.Current Position
Specifications of Victoria Seaways ferry
|Year built||2009 / Age: 11|
|Builder||Nuovi Cantieri Apuania (Marina di Carrara, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Kiel-Klaipeda|
|Owner||Lisco Maxima Shipping|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||199 m / 653 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||25518 gt|
|Sister-ships||Athena Seaways, Regina Seaways, Forza, Tenacia, Rizhao Orient, Superfast I, Superfast II|
|Former names||Lisco Maxima|
Victoria Seaways ferry Review
Review of Victoria Seaways ferry
MS Victoria Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 1000 passengers and 600 cars (or 170 trailers). The vessel was launched in 2009 and currently operates on the Germany-Lithuania ferry route Kiel-Klaipeda (crossing time 19,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Victoria Seaways has 114 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 399 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship has Commodore-class, double, triple and quad cabins. Baby cot beds are available on request (at ship's Reception Desk).
The onboard accommodation options include:
- (2 rooms on Deck 6) Commodore Deluxe Cabin (size 8 m2 / 85 ft2) has a double bed, bedside tables, leather sofa and armchair, coffee table.
- (2 rooms on Deck 6) Commodore Class 1 / Single Cabin (size 5,4 m2 / 60 ft2, twin bed)
- (5 rooms on Deck 6) Commodore Class 2 / Double Cabin (size 6,5 m2 / 70 ft2, 2 single twin beds)
- Note: All Commodore cabins are fitted with mini-bar, mirrored vanity/writing table with chair, flat TV, hairdryer, separate bathroom (WC/shower/washbasin), bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table with 2 leather armchairs), porthole window (non-opening).
- (6 rooms on Deck 6) 2-bed / Double Outside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (3 rooms on Deck 6) 3-bed / Triple Outside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper) plus 1 single twin bed, porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (29 rooms on Deck 6) 4-bed / Quad Outside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) has 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 uppers), porthole window (small, square-shaped, non-opening).
- (11 rooms on decks 6-7) 2-bed / Double Inside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) has 2 bunk beds (lower and upper), no window.
- (56 rooms on decks 6-7) 4-bed / Quad Inside Cabin (size 7 m2 / 70 ft2) has 4 bunk beds (lower and upper), no window.
- Note: All standard cabins are fitted with a mirror, separate bathroom (WC/shower/washbasin), bedside table-cabinet, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table with 2 armchairs).
Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins". Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple occupancy). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge (sized 113 m2 / 1220 ft2). The salon is located on Deck 5 and has a total of 116 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining and entertainment
As facilities, the Victoria Seaways ship offers:
- A La Carte Restaurant Mare Balticum (Deck 5, capacity 73 seats) offers a la carte-priced menu with a wide selection of starters, main courses, gourmet desserts, premium wines. Kids menu ("Happy Pirate") is also available.
- Buffet / Self-Service Restaurant (capacity 152 seats) offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks.
- Kapitono Bar (capacity 116 seats) serves beverages, cocktails, coffee, light snacks, sweets.
- Road Kings Bar (on Deck 5) serves drinks, coffee, sweets, fresh fruits, premium ice-cream.
- Both bars are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sports and music programs.
- Children's Play Room (on Deck 5) is an indoor playground for kids. The lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 5).
- Reserved Seating Lounge (on Deck 5) is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs).
- The ship's top-deck is Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators / passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Cote D'Opale (EFlexer), Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Victoria Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Victoria Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Victoria Seaways ferry Wiki
This vessel belongs to the so-called Courage-Class (Coraggio) - the world's first ever "cruise ferries". They were specifically designed for both freight shipping and high-level passenger services. These ships have cargo capacity about 2620 lane meters, allowing transportation of 600 cars. The first Courage-Class ferries were with 67 cabins and 112 reserved seats, allowing accommodation of 500 passengers, plus 30 "onboard camping" places for additional 100 passengers. Starting from the 4th unit (Superfast 1), passenger capacity was increased to 1000 via extending the superstructure. The list of onboard facilities features a restaurant, self-service cafeteria, piano bar, shops, gaming rooms.
From this 8-ship series are the cruise ferries Athena Seaways (2006), Rizhao Orient (2007), Tenacia (2007), Superfast 1 (2008), Victoria Seaways (2009), Superfast 2 (2009), Forza (2010) and Regina Seaways (2011). Each ship is powered by two WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V46B, total power output 24 MW) and as propulsion has two controllable pitch propellers.
Victoria Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review