Princess Seaways ferry current position
Princess Seaways ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 54.38035 N / 18.65420 E) cruising en route to GDANSK. The AIS position was reported 49 seconds ago.Current Position
Specifications of Princess Seaways ferry
|Year built||1986 / Age: 35|
|Builder||Schichau Seebeckwerft AG (Bremerhaven, Germany)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Newcastle-IJmuiden (Amsterdam)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||163 m / 535 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||31356 gt|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||King Seaways, GNV Atlas, GNV Cristal, Cotentin|
|Former names||Princess of Norway, Fjord Norway, Spir, Spirit of Tasmania, Peter Pan|
Princess Seaways ferry Review
Review of Princess Seaways ferry
MS Princess Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 1290 passengers and 550 cars and 85 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 1986 and currently operates on the England-Holland ferry route Newcastle-IJmuiden (crossing time 15,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Princess Seaways has a total of 478 cabins with 1320 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. All cabins offer as complimentary amenities bedding, bathroom (WC, shower, washbasin, towels), large mirror, LCD TV (except standard and economy cabins), writing desk with chair, clothes storage (hooks and hangers), European plug points (220V 2-pin sockets).
- COMMODORE-class are premium outside cabins in categories Commodore and Commodore De Luxe. All Commodore-class cabins are fitted with mini-bar (complimentary drinks), mirrored vanity / writing table with chair, LCD TV, hairdryer, double bed (non-convertible to twins), bedside table-cabinets, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table with 2 armchairs), 2 porthole windows (square-shaped, non-opening). Bonus COMMODORE-class amenities include room service and complimentary hot buffet breakfast.
- Commodore De Luxe cabins additionally receive exclusive access to COMMODORE DELUXE LOUNGE. The lounge is open 24-hour (boarding card access). There are offered unlimited snacks and beverages (pastries, cakes, cookies, fruits, wine and beer by the glass, tea-coffee, soft drinks, juices, bottled mineral water), complimentary use of Wi-Fi Internet, newspapers, magazines.
- DOUBLE BED cabins (a total of 39 inside staterooms) have non-convertible double beds.
- STANDARD cabins are with 2-4 bunk beds (1 lower + 1 upper, or 2 lower + 2 upper), but also can be booked as singles, doubles, and triples.
- SEAVIEW cabins are outside staterooms for 1 to 5 passengers, with available 2-4-bed rooms and 5-bed (family cabins with 3+2 bunks).
- ECONOMY cabins are 4-bed inside staterooms located on lower decks, each equipped with 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 uppers).
- STANDARD and ECONOMY cabins are also with en-suite bathrooms.
- ACCESSIBLE cabins are with linoleum flooring, 2 fixed twin beds (lower), 2 small desks with drawers and chairs, mirror, larger bathroom (raised toilet seat, seated shower, rails).
Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins", which are outside (with porthole), with vinyl flooring and bookable only via phone.
- For passengers with disabilities are available 2x outside and 1x inside cabins.
- Onboard lifts are suitable for wheelchairs and connect all decks (except Deck 4). Elevators are sized 107x 143 cm, with entrance door width 85 cm. Disabled toilets are available only in handicap cabins.
- Travellers with pets must book a whole cabin (quad occupancy). The animals must be transported in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled. Access to dog toilet area is provided. Dogs are not allowed in any public areas (indoor and outdoor), except registered assistance dogs.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge with reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Princess Seaways ship offers:
- (Deck 1) two Cinemas
- (Deck 5) Kennels
- (Deck 7) Observation Lounge; Information Desk / Reception / Guest Service Centre - Lobby area with Reception Desk and Bureau de Change (purser, ATM cash machine); 7 Seas Buffet Restaurant (offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks)
- (Deck 8) Explorer's Restaurant (steakhouse) offers all-you-can-eat Explorers Kitchen buffet with an array of international dishes; Blue Riband Restaurant (a la carte); Lounge Bar; Latitude Cafe serves beverages, cocktails, coffee drinks, light snacks, gourmet sweets, fresh fruits and juices, premium ice-cream; Children's Play Room "Kidz Club" is an indoor playground supervised by dedicated staff and fitted with ball pool, large HDTV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing). There is also a free kids' entertainer, as well as a games room for teenagers.
- (Deck 9) Sports Bar is fitted with large HDTVs (satellite reception) for watching live sporting and musical programs; Amusement Games; Casino (blackjack, roulette); Columbus Night Club / Disco Bar Lounge; Smoking Areas
- (Deck 7, Deck 9) Tax-Free Sea Shops are duty-free priced boutiques / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- (Deck 10) Sky Bar with outdoor terrace seating and sundeck area; (Deck 10) Commodore Deluxe Lounge (exclusive bar lounge for Commodore-Clas passengers only) is the spot for travellers looking for extra privacy where they can enjoy complimentary coffees, teas, cold drinks, snacks, newspapers.
- (Deck 12) Mermaid Bar (Outside Deck Bar)
- Wildlife Watching Experience (led by ORCA/wildlife charity) allows passengers to learn about the wildlife in the North Sea.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs) and large HDTVs.
- (Deck 12) Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
DFDS offers 2-night mini-cruise ferry deals (from both Newcastle and Amsterdam) with different packages inclusive of stateroom, onboard dining, and entertainment, bus transfers (from homeport). As package extensions can be added hotel stay and travel to local sights and attractions. Seasonal mini-cruises additionally include themed onboard activities and events (parties, games, live entertainment).
Garage decks can accommodate trucks (trailers), cars, caravans, motorhomes, motorcycles, and bicycles - all without baggage restrictions. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Cote D'Opale (EFlexer), Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Princess Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Princess Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Princess Seaways ferry ship related cruise news
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Princess Seaways ferry Wiki
Previously, the vessel was operated under the names Peter Pan (1986-1993), Spirit of Tasmania (1993-2002), MS Spir (2002-2003), Fjord Norway (2003-2006), Princess of Norway (2006-2011) and Princess Seaways (since 2011). From the same Peter Pan-Class are the ferries King Seaways, GNV Cristal, GNV Atlas, Cotentin.
The ship was launched on November 30, 1985, and entered service on June 2, 1986 (inaugural cruise). Originally the ferry (Peter Pan) was owned by TT LINE. In the period 1993-2002, the ship was chartered (as Spirit of Tasmania) by Tasmania's Government for the Bass Strait daily crossings on the Australia-Tasmania route Melbourne-Devonport (travel time 15 hours). In September 2002, the vessel was laid up in Sydney NSW and put out on sale. In 2003, it was sold to FJORD LINE and drydock-refitted in Frederikshavn Denmark (at Orskov Yard). Renamed "Fjord Norway", in 2003-2005 the ferry served the Norway-Denmark route Bergen-Haugesund-Egersund-Hanstholm. In 2005-2006 it operated the UK-Norway route Newcastle-Bergen (via Stavanger).
In November 2006, the ship was acquired by DFDS, renamed "Princess of Norway", drydock-refurbished in Frederikshavn and deployed for Newcastle-Bergen service (via Stavanger and Haugesund). The Newcastle-IJmuiden service started in May 2007, together with the fleet mate King of Scandinavia (now King Seaways). The ship is powered by four MAK marine diesel engines (model Krupp 8M552) with combined power output 19,9 MW.
Princess Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review