Pearl Seaways ferry current position
Pearl Seaways ferry current location is at North Sea (coordinates 57.40685 N / 10.63430 E) cruising at speed of 16.4 kn (30 kph/ 19 mph) en route to DKCPH<>DKFDH<>NOOSL. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Pearl Seaways ferry
|Year built||1989 / Age: 31|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Copenhagen-Oslo|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||178 m / 584 ft|
|Beam (width)||34 m / 112 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40231 gt|
|Sister-ships||Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella, Tallink Isabelle, Crown Seaways|
|Former names||Pearl of Scandinavia, Langkapuri Star Aquarius, Star Aquarius, Athena|
Pearl Seaways ferry Review
Review of Pearl Seaways ferry
MS Pearl Seaways ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Denmark-based company DFDS SEAWAYS. The ship has a max capacity of 1989 passengers and 320 cars plus 60 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 1989 and currently operates on the Denmark-Norway ferry route Copenhagen-Oslo (crossing time 17 hours).
As cruise ferry, Pearl Seaways has 702 cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) and a total of 2166 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. All cabins offer as complimentary amenities bedding, bathroom (WC, shower, washbasin, towels), large mirror, flat TV (except standard and economy cabins), writing desk with chair, wardrobe with hangers, European plug points (220V 2-pin sockets).
- COMMODORE are premium outside cabins in categories Commodore, Commodore De Luxe, Commodore Balcony, and Commodore Owner Suite. All Commodore-class cabins are fitted with mini-bar, mirrored vanity/writing table with chair, flat TV, hairdryer, double bed (some convertible to twins), bedside table-cabinet, reading lamps, wardrobe, seating area (1 round table with 2 chairs), porthole window (square-shaped, non-opening). Bonus COMMODORE-class amenities include steward service, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, 1/4 bottle of sparkling wine per passenger (outward crossing only).
- Commodore De Luxe and Balcony cabins and Suites additionally receive exclusive access to COMMODORE DE LUXE LOUNGE. The lounge is open 24-hour (boarding card access). There are offered unlimited snacks and beverages (pastries, cakes, cookies, fruits, wine and beer by the glass, tea-coffee, soft drinks, juices, bottled mineral water), complimentary use of conference rooms (Wi-Fi, 2x Mac computers per meeting room, newspapers, magazines).
- ECONOMY cabins are 4-bed inside staterooms located on lower decks and each with 4 bunk beds (2 lower plus 2 uppers).
- Other cabin categories available are STANDARD INSIDE (2 or 4-bed) and STANDARD SEAVIEW (2-4-5-bed, large non-opening square window).
- STANDARD and ECONOMY cabins are without en-suite bathrooms and their passengers use shared restrooms-showers.
Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). DFDS Seaways ferries also have the so-called "Pet Cabins".
- For passengers with disabilities are available 2x outside and 4x inside cabins.
- Onboard lifts are suitable for wheelchairs. The ship has 3x forward-midship lifts (door opening 0,9 m, size 1,2x1,3 m), as well as disabled toilets in handicap cabins and on decks 7-8.
- Travelers with pets must book a whole cabin (double/triple occupancy). The animals must be transported in pet cages. Dogs (even service dogs) must be leashed and muzzled.
The boat additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Lounge with reclining seats (aircraft-type seats) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard facilities, dining, and entertainment
As facilities, the Pearl Seaways ship offers:
- (Deck 1) Engine room, Storage, Bakery
- (Deck 2) Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins, crew gym
- (Deck 3) Car deck
- (Deck 4) Car platform (lowered hydraulically)
- (Deck 5) Seaways-class staterooms
- (Deck 6) Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins, Adventure Club SPA, Blue Zone (family play area with swimming pool)
- (Deck 7) Galley, 7 Seas Buffet Restaurant (offers hot dishes, cold appetizers, desserts, soft drinks), Information Desk / Reception, ATM/cash machine/bureau de change, Wi-Fi service, Tax-Free Sea Shop, Compass Casino, Baresso Coffee, Children's Playroom, Commodore / Seaways-class staterooms, crew cabins
- (Deck 8) Little Italy (Italian Restaurant), Explorer's Restaurant, Blue Riband Restaurant, Marco Polo Restaurant, Latitude Cafe, Red & White Wine Bar, Navigator's Bar, Columbus Night Club
- (Deck 9) Navigation Bridge, Commodore-class staterooms, crew cabins, crew mess
- (Deck 10) Sky Club Discotheque (lower level 1 of 2), SPA area with a pool, crew cabins (officers quarters), Commodore-Class Balcony staterooms
- (Deck 11) Sky Club Discotheque (upper level 2 of 2, balcony), Conference Centre (Auditorium and 18x meeting rooms), Commodore Balcony staterooms, crew cabins (deck officers), Commodore Deluxe Lounge.
- Baresso Coffee serves beverages, cocktails, coffee drinks, light snacks, gourmet sweets, fresh fruits and juices, premium ice-cream. It is fitted with large TVs (satellite reception) for watching live sporting and musical programs.
- Road Kings area (with showers, restaurant, quiet lounge) is exclusively dedicated for truck drivers.
- Premium Lounge is the spot for travelers looking for extra privacy where they can enjoy complimentary coffees, teas, cold drinks, snacks, newspapers.
- Pirates Island / Children's Play Room is an indoor playground for kids. The club lounge is specially designed and fitted with ball pool, large TV (for watching cartoons), kids art tables (for drawing).
- Tax Free Sea Shop is a duty-free priced boutique / convenience store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard). Among the premium brands represented onboard are Versace, Elizabeth Arden, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Paco Rabanne, Carolina Herrera, Hugo Boss, Gucci, L'Oreal, DKNY, Givenchy, Dolce-Gabbana, Face Inc.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining leather armchairs) and large TVs.
- Ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Garage decks can accommodate trucks (trailers), cars, caravans, motorhomes, motorcycles, and bicycles - all without baggage restrictions. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner DFDS Seaways (headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark) is a Danish shipping company that operates passenger and freight ferry services in Northern Europe. DFDS Seaways current fleet includes the ships Athena Seaways, Calais Seaways, Cote D'Albatre, Cote des Dunes, Cote des Flandres, Cote D'Opale (EFlexer), Crown Seaways, Delft Seaways, Dover Seaways, Dunkerque Seaways, King Seaways, Liverpool Seaways, Optima Seaways, Patria Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Princess Seaways, Regina Seaways, Seven Sisters, Victoria Seaways.
Pearl Seaways ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pearl Seaways ferryAdd Photo
Pearl Seaways ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Genting Cruise Lines celebrated company's 25th anniversary with a special event held onboard Genting Dream in Singapore on December 14, to...December 17, 2018
- show more news
Other DFDS SEAWAYS cruise ships
Pearl Seaways ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched on October 22, 1988, and delivered on April 18, 1989, with inaugural cruise on April 24. Previously, the ship was operated under the names Athena (1989-1993 by Rederi AB Slite-VIKING LINE), Star Aquarius (1993-2001 by Star Cruises), Pearl of Scandinavia (2001-2011 by DFDS) and Pearl Seaways (since 2011 by DFDS).
Rederi AB Slite (1947-1993 bankrupt) ordered two newbuilds from Turku Shipyard. The first (MS Athena) was planned for the Finland-Sweden route Naantali-Kapellskar. As Kapellskar port authorities failed to modernize the harbor for the large cruise ship, MS Athena was deployed instead on the Sweden-Aland route Stockholm-Mariehamn. Ferry's car deck also housed public spaces (including an amusement park and disco club).
Following the bankruptcy of Rederi AB Slite, in August 1993 VIKING LINE laid up the vessel in Stockholm and put it out for sale. Among the bidders were DFDS, P&O FERRIES and Star Cruises (GHK-owned subsidiary). In September 1993 it was sold to Star Cruises and renamed "Star Aquarius". Following an extensive drydock refurbishment at Sembawang Shipyard (October-December), the cruise ship was homeported in Singapore. The entire garage deck was converted into Casino.
In 1998, cruise ship's homeport was changed to Hong Kong. In 2000, the boat was put on sale again. In January 2001 it was sold to DFDS, drydock-rebuilt at Blohm+Voss (Hamburg April-June 2001), renamed "Pearl of Scandinavia" and started service (Copenhagen-Helsingborg-Oslo) on June 26. To cut down fuel costs and harbor pilotage expenses, in October 2006 port Helsingborg was dropped from the service.
In January 2005, the ferry was completely rebuilt at Oresund Shipyard in Landskrona, Sweden.
MS Athena had a capacity of 2200 passengers (2394 beds) and 450 cars. Star Aquarius cruise ship had capacity 1378 passengers (1378 beds), no vehicles.
Ship's powerplant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model PIELSTICK 12PC2-6V, combined output 23,8 MW). The propulsion system includes 2x shafts with controllable-pitch propellers. Ship's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Sisterships are Crown Seaways, Tallink Isabelle, Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella.
Pearl Seaways ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review