Mega Victoria ferry current position
Mega Victoria ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 44.40319 N / 8.92557 E) cruising en route to Genoa. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Mega Victoria ferry
|Year built||1988 / Age: 34|
|Builder||Brodosplit Shipyard (Split, Croatia)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Turku-Aland (Mariehamn-Langnas)-Stockholm|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||169 m / 554 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||34384 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Viking Gabriella, Tallink Isabelle, Pearl Seaways, Crown Seaways|
|Former names||Viking Amorella|
|Owner||Corsica Ferries France SA (Lozali SA)|
Mega Victoria ferry Review
Review of Mega Victoria ferry
MS Mega Victoria ferry ((fka Viking Amorella) is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the French company CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 2480 passengers and 450 cars plus 57 trucks (trailers). The vessel was launched in 1988 and currently operates on the TBA ferry route TBA (crossing time ? hours).
On August 4, 2022, VIKING LINE announced the sale of the vessel (delivered on October 14th) to Corsica Ferries SAS. Reportedly, the ship (renamed "Mega Victoria") was sold for EUR 19,1 million, having book value EUR 3,2M (as of June 30th).
As cruise ferry, Mega Victoria has 1946 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin), TV, radio, phone. Suites and Premium cabins additionally offer hairdryer, refrigerator, double bed, double sofabed. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers and people with reduced mobility). Allergy Cabins are with furniture made of non-allergic materials.
Cabins can't be shared - if 2 passengers are booked in a 4-bed cabin, they can't share the remaining 2 free beds with other travelers.
Staff and crew cabins are located on decks 9 and 10. Passenger cabins are graded in the following categories:
- (Deck 2) C4 (Economy), Q4 (Budget)
- (Deck 5) A4 (Seaside Standard), A4R (Seaside Standard Allergy), A8F (Seaside Family), B4 (Inside Standard), B4R (Inside Standard Allergy), B8F (Inside Family), B2P (Inside Piccolo), IP2 (Inside Piccolo), HA3 (Seaside Handicap), HB3 (Inside Handicap)
- (Deck 6) AD2 (Seaside Comfort), BD3 (Inside Comfort), A4 (Seaside Standard), B4 (Inside Standard), B2P (Inside Piccolo)
- (Deck 7) B4 (Inside Standard)
- (Deck 9) Suite, LXA (Seaside Premium Large), LYX (Seaside Premium), BD2 (Inside Comfort), IP2 (Inside Piccolo)
- Family cabins are fitted with 6 beds (2 plus 4).
- Standard cabin door width is 64 cm. Suite and handicap cabin's door width is 89 cm.
- On overnight crossings, for Suite cabins (excluding Mini-Suites) Breakfast is included in the ferry ticket price. Breakfast (included for both adults and children) can be delivered via room service (in-cabin dining) or at the onboard restaurants. For en-suite dining must be filled out a room service order form and submitted to the Reception (info desk) the evening before. For restaurant dining, Suite passengers must show their cabin key in the venue.
Seaside (oceanview) cabins are with large windows, Inside and Economy-class cabins are without windows. Economy cabins are located on lower decks. Suites and Premium cabins are larger and better equipped. Only Budget cabins lack private bathrooms.
Suites and Seaside Premium staterooms offer additional / bonus amenities and services, including free Wi-Fi, exclusive VIP lounge access, early check-in and early boarding (excluding passengers with car parking) in Stockholm. VIP lounge's amenities include complimentary coffee, tea, bottled water, newspapers, flat TV (satellite reception).
All cabins are non-smoking and in-cabin alcohol consumption is forbidden. Cabin cleaning and sheets changing are done before port arrival. Staterooms are available during the entire crossing (also during cleaning).
Cot beds (for toddlers up to 1 year of age and weight under 10 kg) are also available, as well as bed rails for kids - provided complimentary upon request.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Mega Victoria ship offers:
- (Sextant Deck 6) Sauna, Swimming Pool, Hot Tubs
- (Lobby and Shopping Deck 7) Seaside Cafe (Internet, Coffee and Wine Cafe, Wine Bar in the evenings), Reception (Information Desk, ATM/cash machine), Children's Playroom, Game Room (arcade machines, air hockey tables, claw machine), Pearl Beauty Shop, Tax-Free shop, Seating Lounge (Air Seats)
- (Restaurant deck 8) Buffet Restaurant, Food Garden Restaurant, BBQ House Restaurant (Ella's Steakhouse), Pub, Conference Rooms, Casino, Fun Club
- (Compass Deck 9) Disco Nightclub (lower level), Panorama Bar and Conference, Seating Lounge (Air Seats), Sun Deck (outdoor area)
- (Conference Deck 10) Disco Nightclub (upper level), Panorama Bar and Conference, Conference Rooms, Lobby
- (Deck 11) Navigation Bridge
- On top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- Free wifi and Internet (Public Internet) are available in designated areas - public spaces and passenger cabins, but not on car decks. The technology is based on a modern satellite system, but the speeds are still slower land-based WiFi and depending on weather conditions.
- Onboard shops are tax-free and sell brand perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products, designer clothes and accessories, watches, sunglasses, fashion bags, sportswear, kids clothing, confectionery, packaged food and drinks (beers, premium spirits, and wines), gourmet sweets, toys, electronics and gadgets, Corsica Ferries-logoed merchandise. Among the premium brands available via onboard shopping are Dior, Tiffany, Sensai, Hugo Boss, Marc Jacobs, Lancome, Efva Attling, Calvin Klein, Paco Rabanne, Yves Saint Laurent, Armani, Biotherm, Clinique, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden, Norr, Bjorn Axen, Bjorn Borg, LEGO. Shopping promotions and package discounts are always offered.
- Onboard entertainment is complimentary and includes themed shows with live performances by guest artists - music bands, singers, magicians, Swedish and international celebrities. On themed cruises are presented international cuisine specialties, holiday festivals and tributes to renown artists.
- The ship has a Casino with Blackjack and Roulette tables, as well as slot machines (throughout the ship). Bingo games are offered on most ferries, with location and schedule listed in the ship's onboard program.
- The nightclub is on 2 decks, featuring modern lighting and design interiors, large dance floor, LED screens, a stage for nightly live entertainment (orchestra, guest performers, themed club shows). VIP tables (4-seat) are in a dedicated VIP area designed for private party experiences. VIP tables can be booked after the ship's departure. Table price is inclusive of a bottle of Champagne, strawberries, 20 drink coupons, snacks, olives, nuts.
- The a la carte restaurant serves premium breakfast and a la carte lunch and dinner. The food is prepared with seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients. There is a premium wine list and the menu includes fresh fish, seafood, steaks, vegetarian dishes, kids menu (smaller size dishes).
- The Casual Dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. The menu includes pizzas, pasta, steaks, hamburgers fresh-made salads, wines, cocktails, desserts, coffee and dessert drinks. Children under 12 dine at 1/2 portions (half-priced).
- The Buffet restaurant offers buffet breakfast and a classic Scandinavian smorgasbord (multiple buffet-style hot and cold dishes) and international cuisine in the evening. The buffet meal price is inclusive also of wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea. Alcohol (including premium wines) are at extra charge.
- At the Cafe are also served breakfast, lunch, quick dinner, night snacks. The restaurant has several different food sections for salads, sandwiches, baked food, home-cooked food, desserts, coffee-hot drinks, beverages (soft drinks, beers, wines), Ice-creams, also Take Away station.
- The Bar and Dancing lounge offers nightly trivia quizzes, live band music, karaoke, as well as drinks menu and light food menu (sandwiches, pastries, cakes, fresh-baked buns).
- The Coffee Shop sells specialty coffees and high-quality teas with fresh-baked (on the ship) sweets and salty snacks. In the evenings, the Coffee Shop becomes a wine bar also hosting wine tastings.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Pets on the ship
Guide- and assisting dogs always travel for free and are permitted to go anywhere on the ship, including the lounges and restaurants.
- Pet animals are allowed on all regular ferry crossings - except cruises.
- Animals are allowed in passenger cabins (not in the beds) only if the owner books the whole cabin. They are not allowed in restaurants (except service dogs).
- When outside the cabin, dogs must always be leashed. They can be walked only the Sun Deck.
- For each pet, there is a fee, which varies by ship/route.
On short crossings, animals are allowed to stay on car decks, but not left in the vehicles. These animals travel for free.
The engine room and most crew-staff spaces (cabins, mess hall, bar lounge, dining room, brig/jail) are on deck 1-2. Garage decks (for cars, buses, trucks) are decks 3-4-5. Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic platform that when lowered divides it into two (on 2 layers) to double the space for passenger vehicles.
Car decks are closed during the crossing. Visiting garage decks during the voyage is allowed only with the Captain's permission. Follows a list of car decks-related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Corsica-Sardinia Ferries (fleet, 1967-founded, headquartered in Bastia France and Vado Ligure Italy) is a major Western Mediterranean shipping company operating between the islands Elba, Corsica, and Sardinia.
Mega Victoria ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mega Victoria ferryAdd Photo
Mega Victoria ferry ship related cruise news
A Baltic Sea passenger ferry with about 300 people onboard has run aground in the Aland Islands archipelago between Finland and Sweden on Sunday...September 20, 2020
- show more news
Other CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES cruise ships
Mega Victoria ferry Wiki
The vessel was ordered on February 3, 1986, by SF Line (now VIKING LINE). The ship was floated out on July 18, 1987, delivered to SF Line on September 28, 1988, and started its maiden crossing on October 14.
Ship's powerplant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12PC26V-400, total power output 23,8 MW). Propulsion consists of two shaft lines (with fixed pitch propellers) and 3x thrusters (2x bow, 1x stern). Ship's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Sisterships are Crown Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Tallink Isabelle, Viking Gabriella.
During its service history (excepting short periods in 1997, 1998, 2002) the ship always served the Turku-Aland-Stockholm route. Originally, the ferry stopped only in Mariehamn, but since July 1999 stops in Aland Islands in both directions - Mariehamn on day crossings and Langnas on night crossings.
In January-February 2018, Viking Amorella and the fleetmate Viking Grace (both deployed on the Turku-Stockholm route) were taken out of service for extensive drydock refits. In response to customer requests, ships' shopping areas were renovated, with more space allocated to fashion products, wines, and champagnes. Onboard restaurants were also redesigned and upgraded with new tables. All category A4 cabins were renovated. All Inside cabins for families (category BD3) were equipped with 1 double bed plus 1 single bed (for kids under 12 years old). The old "Tapas and Wine Cafe" was redesigned into the new "Coffee and Wine Cafe" - with an updated menu (quality baked food and specialty coffees daily, Afternoon Tea service, and "Wine Bar" in the evenings). Renovations also included all conference rooms.
In January 2017, VIKING LINE announced that Amorella will leave the fleet in 2020. The ship will be sold with the arrival of the new (China-built) ferry scheduled for delivery in 2020 spring.