Mega Express 1 ferry current position
Mega Express 1 ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 43.03879 N / 10.04581 E) cruising at speed of 16.7 kn (31 kph/ 19 mph) en route to Golfo Aranci. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Mega Express 1 ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Fratelli Orlando (Livorno, Italy)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Toulon-Bastia-Ajaccio (Corsica)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila (46.8 MW / 62760 hp)|
|Speed||28 kn / 52 kph / 32 mph|
|Length (LOA)||176 m / 577 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26024 gt|
|Sister-ships||Mega Express 2|
|Owner||Tourship Italia SpA (Lozali SA)|
|Operator||Corsica Ferries France SA|
Mega Express 1 ferry Review
Review of Mega Express 1 ferry
MS Mega Express 1 ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the French company CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1756 passengers and 550 cars. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the France-Corsica ferry route Toulon-Ajaccio via Bastia (crossing time 6 hours 45 min).
As cruise ferry, Mega Express One has a total of 300 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC, shower). All staterooms are located forward and above the garages (car decks). Staterooms are available in 2-, 3- or 4-bed categories (inside and outside). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The ship additionally has 300 reclining seats (fully-reclining Pullman armchairs / air-type seats) available in two Reserved Seating Lounges (both with large TVs and bar service). Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Mega Express One ship offers:
- The ship has two main restaurants (A La Carte, and Self-Service Buffet), both with floor-ceiling windows and offering quick meals prepared by Italian master chefs. Also available are Pizzeria (Spaghetteria) and Cafe (patisserie/cafeteria restaurant offering sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, flat TVs).
- The ship also has Discotheque (glass-dome covered disco nightclub), two Video Gaming Rooms (with arcade machines), two Reserved Seating Lounges, Main Lounge (Bar Central / cocktail bar), Cinema, Piano Bar (live music), Pool Bar, Internet Cafe, Card Room, Wellness Center (Spa, Gym).
- Two Reserved Seating Lounges (Economy-Class, Club-Class) are fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large TVs.
- Wellness Center consists of Spa (sauna, locker rooms, jacuzzi pool, relaxation area, massage rooms), outdoor sundeck area (with loungers and deckchairs), Beauty Parlor (Salon and Shop / for beauty products), Fitness (gym with Technogym equipment).
- Kids Play Area (indoor playground with toys and video games)
- Boutiques are duty-free shops (shopping mall) selling spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs). Shopping promotions are also offered.
- (Lobby Deck 5) ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (at the Reception).
- The ship features an aft-located, circular shaped and glass-walled staircase connecting 3 decks (8-9-10).
- Sun Deck 10 features an aft-located Solarium - outdoor Swimming Pool and the sunbathing area served by an open-air Deck Bar.
- Midship-aft on Deck 10 (Helideck) is located the helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency. Forward is located the Navigation Bridge, with adjacent officers quarters.
- Infirmary (ship hospital) provides 24-hour nurse service.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Ship's garage consists of 4 car decks and has a total capacity of 600 vehicles. It is accessible via 2 ramp gates (at the stern). A 3rd gate (smaller) is also at the stern and allows foot passengers direct access to Lobby Deck (ship's Reception Desk) on Deck 5. As safety equipment, the ship has 4 large-capacity lifeboats, one semi-rigid rescue boat, and liferafts.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 5, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Corsica-Sardinia Ferries (fleet, 1967-founded, headquartered in Bastia France and Vado Ligure Italy) is a major Western Mediterranean shipping company operating between the islands Elba, Corsica, and Sardinia.
Mega Express 1 ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mega Express 1 ferryAdd Photo
Other CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES cruise ships
Mega Express 1 ferry Wiki
The vessel was constructed by Cantiere Navale Fratelli Orlando (in Livorno, Italy), under hull/yard number 273. The powerplant is based on 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12V46C) with total power output 46,8 MW. The propulsion system consists of 2x driveshafts with Wartsila-made CPPs (controllable pitch propellers).
The sistership is Mega Express Two.
The keel-laying ceremony was on May 25, 1999, the launch (float out from drydock was on March 25, 2000, and the ship was officially delivered to the shipowner Corsica-Sardinia Ferries on March 29, 2001. Ferry's Maiden Voyage was on April 2, 2001 (inaugural cruise from Toulon to Nice via Ajaccio).
Mega Express 1 ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review