Mega Express 3 ferry current position
Mega Express 3 ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 42.75788 N / 9.98990 E) cruising at speed of 21.7 kn (40 kph/ 25 mph) en route to Golfo Aranci. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Mega Express 3 ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age: 19|
|Builder||Samsung Heavy Industries (Geoje, South Korea)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Toulon-Bastia-Ajaccio (Corsica), Livorno-Golfo Aranci (Sardinia)|
|Owner||Forship SpA (Lozali SA)|
|Speed||31 kn / 57 kph / 36 mph|
|Length (LOA)||212 m / 696 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||29637 gt|
|Sister-ships||Moby Tommy, Zeus Palace|
|Former names||Ariadne Palace, Oceanus|
Mega Express 3 ferry Review
Review of Mega Express 3 ferry
MS Mega Express 3 ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the French company CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 2100 passengers and 650 cars. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the Italy-Sardinia Island ferry route Livorno-Golfo Aranci (crossing time 6 hours 25 min, during summer season), as well as on the France-Corsica Island ferry route Toulon-Ajaccio via Bastia (crossing time 6 hours 45 min, during offseason).
As cruise ferry, Mega Express 3 has a total of 368 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, WC, shower). All staterooms are located forward and above the garages (car decks). Staterooms are available in 2-, 3- or 4-bed categories (inside and outside). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
The ship additionally has 485 reclining seats (fully-reclining Pullman armchairs / air-type seats) available in two Reserved Seating Lounges (both with large TVs and bar service). Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Mega Express Three ship offers:
- The ship has two main restaurants (A La Carte, and Self-Service Buffet), both with floor-ceiling windows and offering quick meals prepared by Italian master chefs. Also available are Pizzeria (Spaghetteria) and Cafe (patisserie/cafeteria restaurant offering sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, flat TVs).
- The ship also has Discotheque (glass-dome covered disco nightclub), two Video Gaming Rooms (with arcade machines), two Reserved Seating Lounges, Main Lounge (Bar Central / cocktail bar), Cinema, Piano Bar (live music), Pool Bar, Internet Cafe, Card Room, Wellness Center (Spa, Gym).
- Two Reserved Seating Lounges (Economy-Class, Club-Class) are fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large TVs.
- Wellness Center consists of Spa (sauna, locker rooms, jacuzzi pool, relaxation area, massage rooms), outdoor sundeck area (with loungers and deckchairs), Beauty Parlor (Salon and Shop / for beauty products), Fitness (gym with Technogym equipment).
- Children's Room is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large flat TV (for watching cartoons), bean bags, small tables with chairs, toys, games, ball pool pit, supervised activities.
- two Gaming Rooms (video arcades)
- Boutiques are duty-free shops (shopping mall) selling spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs). Shopping promotions are also offered.
- (Lobby Deck 6) ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (at the Reception).
- Aft on Deck 9 is the Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- Forward on Deck 9 is the Sun Deck (Solarium) with swimming pool, jacuzzi, poolside bar, sunbathing area.
- Forward on Deck 10 is located the Navigation Bridge, with adjacent officers quarters.
- Infirmary (ship hospital) provides 24-hour nurse service.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Ship's garage consists of 4 car decks and has a total capacity of 670 vehicles. It is accessible via 2 ramp gates (at the stern). A 3rd gate (smaller) is also at the stern and allows foot passengers direct access to Lobby Deck (ship's Reception Desk) on Deck 6. As safety equipment, the ship has 4 large-capacity lifeboats, 2 medium-sized and 1 semi-rigid rescue boats, liferafts.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 5, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Corsica-Sardinia Ferries (founded in 1967, headquartered in Bastia France and Vado Ligure Italy) is a major Western Mediterranean shipping company operating between the islands Elba, Corsica, and Sardinia. Corsica-Sardinia Ferries current fleet includes the newer ships (2001-2008 built) Mega Express 1, Mega Express 2, Mega Express 3 and Pascal Lota, the older (1985-1996 built) ships Mega Express 4, Mega Express 5, Mega Andrea, Mega Smeralda, and the old (1972-1974 built) ships Corsica Marina Seconda, Sardinia Vera, Corsica Victoria, Sardinia Regina.
Mega Express 3 ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mega Express 3 ferryAdd Photo
Other CORSICA-SARDINIA FERRIES cruise ships
Mega Express 3 ferry Wiki
- The vessel (under the name Oceanus) entered service for MINOAN LINES on July 5, 2001.
- In the period 2002-2004, the ferry was named "Ariadne Palace One". Its sisterships are Moby Tommy and Zeus Palace.
- For MINOAN LINES, the ship served the Greece-Italy routes Patras-Igoumenitsa-Venice, Patras-Igoumenitsa-Ancona, Patras-Igoumenitsa-Corfu-Bari. In 2002 was also operated the route Italy-Malta-Tunisia (Genoa-Valletta-Tunis).
- The ship is powered by four WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V46C) with combined power output 50,4 MV. The propulsion system consists of two drive shaft with CPPs (controllable-pitch propellers).
Mega Express 3 ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review