MV Clio Review and Specifications
Specifications of MV Clio
|Year built||1998 / Age : 20|
|Builder||ALSTOM LEROUX NAVAL (St Malo, France)|
|Owner||Grand Circle Cruise Line GmbH|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||100 m / 328 ft|
|Beam (width)||14 m / 46 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3504 gt|
|Passengers||45 - 90|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Le Levant, Tere Moana|
|Christened by||Mireille Bailey (for PG Cruises)|
Review of MV Clio
MV Tere Moana was previously named Le Levant - originally built in 1998 and operated by Compagnie du Ponant until December 2012. Then she was refurbished in order to be transferred to the Paul Gauguin Cruises line. In May 2015, Paul Gauguin announced the sale of the ship to the Grand Circle Cruise Line. The vessel then was renamed "MV Clio" and entered into service in May 2016 after an USD 5 million refurbishment.
- Passenger decks: 5
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 45 (of which 8 Balcony rooms).
- Dining Rooms: L’Etoile (open seating, a la carte)
- Restaurants and food bars: La Veranda (buffet-style breakfast and lunch, lunch is also a la carte; al fresco option).
- Lounges & Bars: Le Salon (live piano performances), Pool Bar, Library
- Deep Nature Spa (Algotherma), Fitness Center, Sun Deck, jacuzzi, pool, La Boutique, Reception Desk
- Tere Moana cruise ship (Clio now) had a special name that in Tahitian means "Ocean Traveler". The vessel was built in 1998. It was operated as "Le Levant" by Compagnie du Ponant until December 2012. Then the cruise ship was transferred to the small cruise line Paul Gauguin Cruises (aka PG Cruises) and refurbished. The extreme makeover included new furniture, art, wall coverings, lighting, ceiling finishes, carpeting, window treatments, floor coverings, color palette throughout. On June 18, 2015, the Grand Circle company officially confirmed the acquisition of MV Tere Moana from PG. All Tere Moana cruises (scheduled through 2016 May 14th) remain open for booking and with unchanged itineraries.
- The ship Tere Moana was christened in an official ceremony in Marigot (Sint Maarten Island) on December 29, 2012. Mireille Bailey, wife of Richard Bailey (PG Cruises chairman) was the vessel’s godmother. Paul Gauguin Cruises is also the operator of the longest continually and highest-rated luxury cruises in Tahiti (Polynesia, in the South Pacific) with the ms Paul Gauguin ship.
- The ship's cabins as sizes range from 194 to 298 ft2 (including the balconies in the A stateroom category). The ship offers watersports activities in ports of call from its marina platform (snorkel gear is provided).
- Grand Circle cruise deals are inclusive of gratuities and drinks (lacohol included, with select fine wines and premium spirits). Wi-Fi hotspots are available throughout the ship. Internet access is at extra charge.
- The nationality of officers is French, while crew are Filipino and French. MV Clio cruises to warm-weather destinations, such as Caribbean (including to Cuba) and Mediterranean. The emphasis is on unique itineraries and exploring hidden ports. Classic Transatlantic crossings are also offered on repositioning.
History - construction & ownership
The 3,504-ton, 88-passenger cruise ship Tere Moana was christened on December 29, 2012, in Marigot port (St Martin Island). Mrs Mireille Bailey, wife of the line’s chairman Richard Bailey, served as Godmother. In Tahitian, the ship name’s meaning is “Ocean Traveler”.
Cruise itinerary program
MV Tere Moana schedule calendar included Europe (leaving from Lisbon, Barcelona, Athens/Piraeus, Istanbul), Latin America and Caribbean (departing from Philipsburg, Colon and Puerto Caldera). MV Clio itinerary program has cruises to Cuba scheduled for 2017. Departures are from Miami Florida and Havana Cuba (one-way flight included) with embarkation in Cienfiegos port.
MV Tere Moana cruise ship has only 44 staterooms, all of which are oceanview, 8 with private balconies. All cabins feature individual temperature control, CD/DVD player, TV, king-size bed (all offer twin-bed configuration), iPod docking station, personal safe, clock, refrigerator with soft drinks, bathroom with full-size shower, and more. Some of the staterooms can accommodate up to three passengers.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Complimentary beverages including bottled water, tea and coffee, soft drinks, premium spirits and select fine wines are served throughout Tere Moana. The ship has two restaurants, both with open seating – Le Veranda and L’Etoile. Vegetarian and well-being selections, special dietetic menus are provided upon request.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Onboard mv Tere Moana, Le Salon bar pampers with live piano music. There is also a pool bar on board. Tere Moana features a fitness center, swimming pool, Deep Nature Spa, and Le Boutique shop. The ship hosts watersports from her own marina. Snorkel gear is available to passengers, as well as WiFi hotspots throughout. Complimentary room service, in-room movies and movie channels are also offered. With 1 crew member for every 1.5 passengers, guests are assured high level of personal attention. Gratuities are included in cruise fare.