Moby Aki ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Moby Aki ferry
|Year built||2005 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Class||cruise ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Livorno-Olbia Sardinia|
|Speed||27 kn / 50 kph / 31 mph|
|Length (LOA)||175 m / 574 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||36284 gt|
|Sister-ships||Moby Wonder, Finlandia, Pascal Lota|
Review of Moby Aki ferry
MS Moby Aki ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has max capacity of 2220 passengers and 750 cars. The vessel was launched in 2005 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (Italy - Sardinia Island) ferry routes Livorno-Olbia (crossing time 6 hours) and Piombino-Olbia (crossing time 5 hours).
As cruiseferry, Moby Aki has a total of 320 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Moby Aki staterooms are in the following categories:
- Inside Twin (C2) 2-berth, no windows
- Outside Twin (C2E) 2-berth, porthole window
- Inside Quad (C4, C4G) 4-berth, no windows
- Outside Quad (C4E, C4EG) 4-berth, porthole window
- Outside Quad (J4E) 4-berth Junior Suite (1 double bed), porthole window
- Moby Lines staterooms categories C2G, C2EG, C4G, and C4EG are "Pet Cabins" floored with linoleum.
- Disabled cabins are not available for online booking (call Moby Lines +49 (0) 611 14020).
- All cabins are located on decks 6 and 7.
The ship's Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 1 hour prior to homeport arrival.
As facilities, the Moby Aki ship (classed as "Fast Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - passenger cabins, Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- Show Lounge (fore-located) is a 3-deck high piano bar lounge with comfortable seating and stage for live performances (stand-up comedy shows, musical concerts).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), A La Carte Restaurant (gourmet cuisine, fine wines, premium desserts), Acme Pizzeria (Looney Tunes-themed pizza bar / self-service), Cafeteria (self-service Snack Bar / patisserie / coffee shop / fast food / drinks), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop), Sports Bar (aft location, sport-themed bar lounge on 2 floors), Lido Bar (serving the sundeck area).
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. Cuisine is traditionally Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always have several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center is combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- (deck 9) Sun Deck (Solarium) is an outdoor (open-air) topdeck area with sunloungers, a heated swimming pool (large plunge pool) and Lido Bar (poolside bar serving the sundeck area with drinks and snacks).
- Also on Sun Deck are located the ship's Navigation Bridge (forward, with adjacent officers quarters) and helipad (midship, helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency).
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number / stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger loungesis forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Moby Lines (founded in 1959, headquartered in Milan Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba and Sardinia. Moby Line's current fleet includes the ships Moby Aki, Moby Corse, Moby Dada, Moby Drea, Moby Kiss, Moby Niki, Moby Otta, Moby Tommy, Moby Vincent, Moby Wonder, Moby Zaza, Princess Anastasia.
Moby Aki ferry wiki
- The ship is powered by WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V46C) with total power output 50,4 MW.