Moby Kiss ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Moby Kiss ferry
|Year built||1975 / Age : 44|
|Builder||Helsingor Vaerft (Elsinore, Denmark)|
|Class||car and passenger ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Livorno-Bastia Corsica|
|Owner||Onorato Armatori SpA|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||115 m / 377 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||11907 gt|
|Former names||Galaxy, Banasa, Mette Mols|
Current position of Moby Kiss ferry
Review of Moby Kiss ferry
MS Moby Kiss ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1450 passengers and 420 cars. The vessel was launched in 1975 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (Italy - Corsica France) ferry route Livorno-Bastia (crossing time 4,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Moby Kiss has no cabins (passenger staterooms) due to the route's short crossing distance. Instead, the ship offers Seating Lounge equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Moby Kiss ship (classed as "Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), Cafeteria (self-service Snack Bar / patisserie / coffee shop / fast food / pizza / drinks), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop),.
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. The cuisine is the traditional Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always has several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center is a combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- The ship has Promenade Deck (solarium/sundeck outdoor area).
- The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Moby Lines (founded in 1959, headquartered in Milan Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia. Moby Line's current fleet includes the ships Moby Aki, Moby Corse, Moby Dada, Moby Drea, Moby Kiss, Moby Niki, Moby Otta, Moby Tommy, Moby Vincent, Moby Wonder, Moby Zaza, Princess Anastasia.
Moby Kiss ferry wiki
The ship entered service in February 1975 (for the Danish company Mols Linien) operating for 21 years the ferry route Ebeltoft (Denmark)-Kalundborg (Zealand Island, Holland).
In November 1996, the ship was acquired by the Moroccan shipping company Comarit, renamed to "Banasa" and put on the route Algeciras-Tangier.
In 2012, due to the Comarit's financial difficulties, the ferry was ceased in Algeciras, auctioned in May 2015 and sold for scrap with scheduled August demolition in Aliaga Turkey. However, right before the demolition, the ferry was purchased by European Seaways. It was renamed to Galaxy (October 2015), towed to Perama (Piraeus Greece) and laid up until December. Subsequently, the ship was purchased by Moby Lines and towed to Palumbo Malta Shipyard for drydock refit and refurbishment.
Moby Kiss ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Moby Kiss ferryAdd Photo
Other MOBY LINES cruise ships
Moby Kiss ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review