Moby Corse ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Moby Corse ferry
|Year built||1978 / Age : 42|
|Builder||Aalborg Vaerft (Ålborg, Denmark)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Genoa-Bastia Corsica|
|Owner||Onorato Armatori SpA|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||152 m / 499 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19321 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Pont L'Abbe, Duke of Scandinavia, Dana Anglia|
Current position of Moby Corse ferry
Review of Moby Corse ferry
MS Moby Corse ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1200 passengers and 450 cars. The vessel was launched in 1978 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (Italy - Corsica France) ferry route Genoa-Bastia (crossing time 6,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Moby Corse has a total of 400 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Moby Corse staterooms are in the following categories:
- Inside Twin (C2, C2G) 2-berth, no windows
- Outside Twin (C2E, C2EN, C2EG) 2-berth, porthole window
- Inside Quad (C4, C4G, C4N) 4-berth, no windows
- Outside Quad (C4E, C4EG, C4EN) 4-berth, porthole window
- Outside Twin (J4E) 4-berth Junior Suite (1 double bed), porthole window
- Moby Lines staterooms categories C2G, C2EG, C4G, and C4EG are "Pet Cabins" floored with linoleum.
- Disabled cabins are not available for online booking (call Moby Lines +49 (0) 611 14020).
- All cabins are located on decks 2, 3, 6 and 8.
The ship's Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 1 hour prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Moby Corse ship (classed as "Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - passenger cabins, Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- Show Lounge (fore-located) is a piano bar lounge with comfortable seating and stage for live performances (stand-up comedy shows, musical concerts).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), A La Carte Restaurant (La Brasserie on deck 7 / gourmet cuisine, fine wines, premium desserts), Acme Pizzeria (Looney Tunes-themed pizza bar / self-service), Le Cafe (deck 7, Cafeteria / self-service Snack Bar / patisserie / coffee shop / fast food / drinks), Admiral Pub (deck 7 aft, sport-themed bar lounge on 2 floors), Colombus Bar (deck 7), Lido Bar (serving the sundeck area), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop / Sky Bar on deck 10).
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. The cuisine is the traditional Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always has several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World (deck 7) is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center (deck 7) is combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- Sun Deck (Solarium, deck 10) is an outdoor (open-air) topdeck area served by Lido Bar (drinks and snacks). Also on Sun Deck are located the ship's Navigation Bridge (forward, with adjacent officers quarters) and helipad (midship, helicopter landing pad used in cases of emergency).
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Moby Lines (founded in 1959, headquartered in Milan Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia. Moby Line's current fleet includes the ships Moby Aki, Moby Corse, Moby Dada, Moby Drea, Moby Kiss, Moby Niki, Moby Otta, Moby Tommy, Moby Vincent, Moby Wonder, Moby Zaza, Princess Anastasia.
Moby Corse ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Moby Corse ferryAdd Photo
Other MOBY LINES cruise ships
Moby Corse ferry Wiki
In the early 1980s, the ship appeared in a number of TV series produced by BBC, as well as in the soap opera "Triangle". In 1989, it was featured in an episode of the BBC comedy "Birds of a Feather".
The ferry joined Moby Lines fleet in 2009. Previously, it was operated under the names Dana Anglia (1978-2002, DFDS), Duke of Scandinavia (2002-2006, DFDS), and Pont L'Abbe (2006-2009, Brittany Ferries).
For DFDS Seaways, the ship operated on the UK-France ferry routes Plymouth-Roscoff and Portsmouth-Cherbourg. The ship was sold to Moby Lines in October 2009, and in April 2019 started the service Toulon-Bastia Corsica. The current service Genoa-Bastia was started in 2013.
In the period October 2014 through May 2015, the ferry was chartered as hotel ship by the company SweOffshore (Sweden). It was permanently docked in Esbjerg Denmark to accommodate the personnel of the Butendiek offshore wind farm.
During ship's refurbishment in 2006, the Freight Drivers Lounge (deck 7) was transformed into Reserved Seating Lounge fitted with Pullman reclining seats.
Moby Corse ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review