Moby Dada ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Moby Dada ferry
|Year built||1981 / Age : 38|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Nice-Bastia Corsica|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||168 m / 551 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||34093 gt|
|Former names||Finlandia, Queen of Scandinavia, Princess Maria|
Review of Moby Dada ferry
MS Moby Dada ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1638 passengers and 500 cars. The vessel was launched in 1981 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (France-Corsica) ferry route Nice-Bastia (crossing time 5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Moby Dada has air-conditioned cabins with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Moby Dada staterooms are in the following categories:
- Inside Twin (C2, C2G) 2-berth, no windows
- Outside Twin (C2E, C2EN, C2EG) 2-berth, porthole window
- Inside Quad (C4, C4G, C4N) 4-berth, no windows
- Outside Quad (C4E, C4EG, C4EN) 4-berth, porthole window
- Outside Twin (J2EM) 2-berth Junior Suite (1 double bed), porthole window
- Moby Lines staterooms categories C2G, C2EG, C4G, and C4EG are "Pet Cabins" floored with linoleum.
- Disabled cabins are not available for online booking (call Moby Lines +49 (0) 611 14020).
The ship's Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 1 hour prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Moby Dada ship (classed as "Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - passenger cabins, Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- Show Lounge (fore-located) is a 3-deck high piano bar lounge with comfortable seating and stage for live performances (stand-up comedy shows, musical concerts).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), Cafeteria (self-service Snack Bar/patisserie/coffee shop / fast food/pizza/drinks), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop), Sports Bar, Lido Bar (serving the sundeck area).
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. The cuisine is the traditional Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always has several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center is a combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- Sun Deck (Solarium) is an outdoor (open-air) topdeck area. Also on Sun Deck are located the ship's Navigation Bridge (forward) with adjacent officers quarters.
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
- The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Moby Lines (founded in 1959, headquartered in Milan Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia. Moby Line's current fleet includes the ships Moby Aki, Moby Corse, Moby Dada, Moby Drea, Moby Kiss, Moby Niki, Moby Otta, Moby Tommy, Moby Vincent, Moby Wonder, Moby Zaza, Princess Anastasia.
Moby Dada ferry wiki
The ferry is operated by Moby Lines under charter from DFDS Seaways. The ship joined the Moby fleet in November 2016. Previously, the ship was operated under the names Finlandia (1981-1990 by Effoa), Queen of Scandinavia (1990-2010 by DFDS Seaways), Princess Maria (2010-2016 by St Peter Line) and Moby Dada (since 2016 by Moby Lines).
Initially, the ship served the ferry route Helsinki-Stockholm for Silja Line (Tallink). In 1990, the ship was acquired by DFDS and renamed "Queen of Scandinavia". In the period 2010-2016, the ferry was chartered to St Peter Line, renamed "Princess Maria " and operated on the route Helsinki-St Petersburg Russia.
In February 2014, the ferry was chartered as hotel ship during the Winter Olympics (Sochi Russia) together with its fleet mate Princess Anastasia.
The ship's hull and superstructure are traditionally painted in Looney Tunes characters, with its portside predominantly red and the starboard predominantly blue.