Princess Anastasia ferry current position
Princess Anastasia ferry current location is at North Russia (coordinates 69.08053 N / 33.21263 E) cruising en route to Murmansk. The AIS position was reported 45 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Princess Anastasia ferry
|Year built||1986 / Age: 35|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||St Petersburg-Helsinki-Stockholm-Tallinn|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||177 m / 581 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||37799 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||SPL Princess Anastasia, Pride of Bilbao, Olympia|
Princess Anastasia ferry Review
Review of Princess Anastasia ferry
MS Princess Anastasia ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 2500 passengers and 580 cars (plus 65 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 1986 and currently operates on the Sweden-Russia ferry route Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallinn-St Petersburg (crossing time 62,5 hours). The circular service Stockholm-St Petersburg includes a stop in Tallinn (on the eastbound route Sweden-Russia) and in Helsinki (on the westbound route Russia-Sweden).
From Saint Petersburg are offered 2 weekly crossings to Helsinki (13 hours travel), 1 weekly crossing to Tallinn (14 hours) and 1 weekly crossing to Stockholm (39,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Princess Anastasia has 2447 berths in a total of 834 cabins. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin), clothes storage, flat TV, radio, phone. Suites and Deluxe cabins additionally offer hairdryer, refrigerator, double bed, double sofabed, armchairs, minibar (minibar (filled free of charge once per cruise). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers and people with reduced mobility). Allergy Cabins are with furniture made of non-allergic materials.
Cabins can't be shared - if 2 passengers are booked in a 4-bed cabin, they can't share the remaining 2 free beds with other travelers.
Staff and crew cabins are located on deck 9. Passenger cabins are graded in the following categories:
- (Deck 4) HA3 (3-bed Outside, suitable for wheelchairs, with laminate flooring), A (4-bed Outside 8,5 m2), B (4-bed Inside 8,5 m2), B2V (2-bed Inside 7 m2)
- (Deck 5) LX2 / LX3 (3-bed Deluxe 16,4 m2), CO2 (2-bed Commodore 12 m2), A (4-bed Outside 8,5 m2), B (4-bed Inside 8,5 m2), B2V (2-bed Inside 7 m2)
- (Deck 6) Suite (4-bed 26,4 m2), CO2 (2-bed Commodore 12 m2), A (4-bed Outside 8,5 m2), B (4-bed Inside 8,5 m2), B2V (2-bed Inside 7 m2)
- (Deck 8) LX2 / LX3 (3-bed Deluxe 16,4 m2)
- For Suite, Deluxe and Commodore cabins, Breakfast in the a la carte restaurant and 1 sauna visit are included in the ferry ticket price.
All cabins are non-smoking and in-cabin alcohol consumption is forbidden. Cabin cleaning and sheets changing are done before port arrival. Staterooms are available during the entire crossing (also during cleaning).
Cot beds (for toddlers up to 1 year of age and weight under 10 kg) are also available, as well as bed rails for kids - provided complimentary upon request. The number of cabins for travelers carrying pets is limited: only guests staying in A and B class cabins can carry pets. All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Princess Anastasia ship offers:
- (Deck 2) Aquazone / SPA (Jacuzzi, Swimming Pool (for kids), Swimming Pool (for adults) with Pool Bar, Sauna Area, Gym.
- (Deck 6) Duty Free Shop (selling Russian and European products: quality tea and coffee, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, perfume, beauty products, popular confectionery, toys, accessories, clothing, gifts), Exchange Office, Reception (Information Desk, Excursions Shorex, ATM / cash machine), Kid's Playroom, Game Room (arcade machines, air hockey tables, claw machine), Creative workshops, Bake & Coffee Cafeteria, Beauty Salon.
- (Deck 7) Princess' Garden Restaurant (Buffet), New York City Restaurant (American fare, a la carte), Napoli Mia (Italian Restaurant), Kampai Bar (Japanese cuisine), Sports Bar Legend (karaoke), Funny Rabbit Pub, Columbus Bar.
- (Deck 8) Medical Center, Conference Rooms, Cinema (3 performances daily), Casino PAF (Roulette, Slots, Poker, Blackjack), Sky Bar (Disco), Night Funny Rabbit (late night club), Kid's Playroom.
- (Deck 10) Navigation Bridge, Sun Deck (outdoor area), Sky Bar / Smoking Room
- On top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
Pets on the ship
Guide- and assisting dogs always travel for free and permitted to go anywhere on the ship, including the lounges and restaurants.
- Only domesticized tame pets are allowed for transportation. Pet’s weight shouldn't exceed 7 kilos.
- Pet animals are allowed on all regular ferry crossings.
- Pets shall be transported in special containers (cages) measuring 70x50x50 cm or if added measurements of the container (cage) don't exceed 170 cm.
- For the duration of a cruise, pets should be kept in the special containers (cages). They are not allowed out of the containers (cages) in cabins.
- For the duration of a cruise, it is not allowed to visit onboard public places with a pet.
- Leashed pets shall be walked on open decks only in the specially allocated places.
- For each pet, there is a fee, which varies by route.
The engine room is on deck 1, while most crew-staff spaces (cabins, mess hall, bar lounge, dining room, brig/jail) are on decks 7-8. Garage deck (for cars, buses, trucks) is deck 3. Car Deck 3 has a hydraulic platform that when lowered divides it into two (on 2 layers) to double the space for passenger vehicles.
Car decks are closed during the crossing. Visiting garage decks during the voyage is allowed only with the Captain's permission.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Moby Lines (founded in 1959, headquartered in Milan Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia. Moby Line's current fleet includes the ships Moby Aki, Moby Corse, Moby Dada, Moby Drea, Moby Kiss, Moby Niki, Moby Otta, Moby Tommy, Moby Vincent, Moby Wonder, Moby Zaza, Princess Anastasia.
Princess Anastasia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Princess Anastasia ferryAdd Photo
Princess Anastasia ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The cruiseferry Princess Anastasia arrived at a new shipyard facility outside Port Murmansk (Arctic Russia) in order to provide extra housing for...May 8, 2020
The Princess Anastasia ferry (operated by MOBY LINES) ran aground on Wednesday, November 6, off the coast of Sweden near Stockholm. The Swedish Coast...November 8, 2019
- show more news
Other MOBY LINES cruise ships
Princess Anastasia ferry Wiki
The ferry was previously operated under the names MS Olympia (1986-1993 owned by Rederi AB Slite / now VIKING LINE), Pride of Bilbao (1993-2010 owned by Irish Continental Group), SPL Princess Anastasia (2011-2013 owned by St Peter Line) and MS Princess Anastasia (since 2013).
The ship joined MOBY fleet in 2018. Initially, the liner was built for VIKING LINE's Stockholm-Helsinki route, with sistership Mariella (1985). Between 1993–2010, as Pride of Bilbao the ship was operated by P&O FERRIES on the UK-Spain route Portsmouth–Bilbao (crossing time 36 hours). For P&O, the ferry alternatively offered weekly ("Party Cruise") service between UK and France (Portsmouth-Cherbourg).
In 2010, the UK-Spain service was terminated (last crossing September 27). In October-November the vessel entered drydock in Falmouth England for extensive refurbishment. In December it was sold to St Peter Line for company's Russia-Sweden service St Petersburg-Stockholm. This service was started on March 31, 2011 (leaving from Russia).
Ferry's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Ship's powerplant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model Pielstick 12PC2 6V-400E, total power output 23,8 MW). Propulsion consists of two shaft lines with fixed pitch propellers.
Princess Anastasia ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review