Scenic Opal Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Opal
|Year built||2015 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyards (Holland)|
|Owner||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2720 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 169|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Claire Newell|
Review of Scenic Opal
The Scenic Opal boat cruises on Moselle , Danube and Rhine rivers in Europe. The ship's itineraries visit Holland, Switzerland, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic. Departures are from Amsterdam, Basel, Zurich, Budapest and Prague. Itineraries with departures from Paris France include a flight to Amsterdam.
Scenic Opal, along with the other 2015 launched ship Scenic Jasper, are part of the line's expansion program. It positioned the Scenic Cruises line among the best European river passenger shipping lines.
All Scenic Tours river cruise ships in Europe are operated with inclusive deals. These boats are also nearly 1/5 longer but with smaller guest capacity compared to standard-design riverboats sailing on the big European rivers and inland waterways. This type of design (patented as "space ships") allows bigger cabins and spacious public areas. A signature feature of all Scenic Cruises "space ships" are the cabin balconies called “Sun Lounges”. These are outdoor terraces which easily convert into indoor lounge areas.
Scenic Opal offers 85 staterooms and 4 passenger decks (including two decks full of cabins with balconies). The ship has two restaurants, gourmet dining options, spacious top-deck (with shaded terrace lounge and sitting areas), Gym & Spa facilities, an elevator. On all (price-inclusive) Scenic cruise tours and excursions ashore, guests receive GPS tracking devices (called ScenicTailorMade) with uploaded digital maps. They also double as listening devices for the live narration by the line's local expert tour guides provided on all group travel excursions. Binoculars and bicycles are also provided complimentary to fully enjoy the scenery everywhere along the Scenic river cruise itinerary route.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in cabins' mini-bars are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travelers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well traveled.
Scenic Opal cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals.
Scenic Opal wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 16
- Total number of cabins: 85 (of which 73 balcony suites).
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant, Portobellos (Italian), Riverview Terrace (al fresco), Table la Rive (Diamond Deck, for Suite passengers only)
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge, River Cafe, Gelati Bar
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), pool, shop, elevator (connecting all cabin decks).
- Scenic Opal cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- In the Scenic fleet, the river ship Opal has other “Space-Ship” sister with the same design - Jasper.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - RR (x4, deck3), RP (x2, deck3), RJ, BJ, B1J (x4, deck2&3), A, PA, PP,BA, BB, C, BD-Deluxe, PD-Deluxe (x61, deck2&3), BS (x1, deck2)
- Window Staterooms - D, E (x13, deck1).
- More than 80% of the accommodations feature full-size balconies. Every room has a “Scenic Slumber Bed” that is queen-size, with fine linens and a menu of pillows. Junior and Royal Suites offer butler service.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Scenic Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Opal Itineraries 2017
The below listed Scenic Opal cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
20 September 2017 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam
|20 Sep||Departing from Basel, Switzerland|
|22 Sep||Breisach am Rhein, Germany|
|23 Sep||Strasbourg, France|
|24 Sep||Mannheim, Germany|
|25 Sep||Rudesheim, Germany|
|25 Sep||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|26 Sep||Bernkastel-Kues, Germany|
|27 Sep||Moselle River|
|28 Sep||Cochem, Germany|
|29 Sep||Koblenz, Germany|
|30 Sep||Duisburg, Germany|
|01 Oct||Rhine River|
|01 Oct||Maastricht, Holland|
|02 Oct||Nijmegen, Holland|
|02 Oct||Dutch and Belgian Waterways|
|03 Oct||Veere, Holland|
|04 Oct||Antwerp, Belgium|
|05 Oct||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
11 October 2017 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam
|11 Oct||Departing from Basel, Switzerland|
|13 Oct||Breisach am Rhein, Germany|
|14 Oct||Strasbourg, France|
|15 Oct||Mannheim, Germany|
|16 Oct||Rudesheim, Germany|
|16 Oct||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|17 Oct||Bernkastel-Kues, Germany|
|18 Oct||Moselle River|
|19 Oct||Cochem, Germany|
|20 Oct||Koblenz, Germany|
|21 Oct||Duisburg, Germany|
|22 Oct||Rhine River|
|22 Oct||Maastricht, Holland|
|23 Oct||Nijmegen, Holland|
|23 Oct||Dutch and Belgian Waterways|
|24 Oct||Veere, Holland|
|25 Oct||Antwerp, Belgium|
|26 Oct||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
Scenic Opal Itineraries 2018
The below listed Scenic Opal cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
07 November 2018 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam
|07 Nov||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|09 Nov||Budapest, Hungary|
|10 Nov||Vienna, Austria|
|11 Nov||Vienna, Austria|
|12 Nov||Durnstein, Austria|
|12 Nov||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|12 Nov||Melk, Austria|
|13 Nov||Linz, Austria|
|13 Nov||Passau, Germany|
|14 Nov||Regensburg, Germany|
|15 Nov||Nuremberg, Germany|
|16 Nov||Bamberg, Germany|
|17 Nov||Wurzburg, Germany|
|17 Nov||Main River|
|18 Nov||Wertheim, Germany|
|19 Nov||Rudesheim, Germany|
|19 Nov||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|20 Nov||Cologne, Germany|
|21 Nov||Amsterdam, Holland|
|22 Nov||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|