GNV Antares ferry current position
GNV Antares ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 40.64038 N / 14.17994 E) cruising at speed of 17.2 kn (32 kph/ 20 mph) en route to IT NAP. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of GNV Antares ferry
|Year built||1987 / Age: 34|
|Builder||(NKK Corporation) Tsurumi Shipyard (Yokohamai, Japan)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Naples-Palermo (Sicily)|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Operator||GRANDI NAVI VELOCI|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||179 m / 587 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||31598 gt|
|Passengers||930 - 1250|
|Sister-ships||GNV Aries (Pride of York)|
|Former names||Pride of Bruges (P&O), Norsun|
GNV Antares ferry Review
Review of GNV Antares ferry
GNV Antares (fka "Pride of Bruges") ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by Italy-based company GRANDI NAVI VELOCI. The ship has a max capacity of 1250 passengers, 850 cars or 180 trucks (semi-trailers). The vessel was launched in 1987 (as Norsun) and currently operates the Italy-Sicily ferry route Naples-Palermo (crossing time 10-11 hours).
In mid-February 2021, both deployed in the North Sea ships Pride of Bruges and Pride of York were put up for sale. Both vessels (1987-built/34-years-old) were among the largest passenger ships in the UK. This followed P&O FERRIES' decision to terminate the England-Belgium route Hull-Zeebrugge (crossing time 13 hours) in early-January 2021. The service was described as "loss-making" after a significant drop in demand, mainly due to Coronavirus-Brexit-related travel restrictions and complications.
In mid-April 2021, P&O announced the sale of both ferries (Pride of Bruges and Pride of York) to GNV.
Following the acquisition by GNV, the cruise ship (IMO number 8503797) was reflagged from Holland (MMSI 244387000) to Italy (MMSI 247435800).
As cruise ferry, Pride of Bruges has cabins (passenger staterooms), all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship offers 2-berth and 4-berth (with bunk beds) standard cabins, which can be outside or inside with sea view.
Premier-class cabins are also outside or inside with sea view, offered as 2-4-5-berth (also with bunk beds). All Club-class cabins are with sea view and best deck location. They are also larger and with extra amenities, such as LCDTV, phone, fresh fruits, tea/coffee making facilities.
The ship also has a number of wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
The ship's main passenger-accessible facilities include:
- The Kitchen (on Green Deck 4, casual restaurant serving international cuisine and fresh-made traditional British fare)
- The Brasserie (on Green Deck 4, a French restaurant serving gourmet food and fine wines), patisseries (coffee shops serving light snacks, pastries, hot and cold drinks)
- Starbucks Coffee Bar (on Red Deck 5)
- The Flying Dutchman Bar (on Blue Deck 6)
- Casino (on Red Deck 5)
- Show Lounge (on Red Deck 5)
- Cinema (on Blue Deck 6) - tickets can be purchased from Information Desk
- The Lounge (on Blue Deck 6)
There is a Reserved Seating Lounge (luxury Club-class bar lounge furnished with comfortable leather couches). Reserved seats are available for pre-booking. These deals are inclusive of complimentary beverages (champagne, tea, coffee, soft drinks) and newspapers.
The ship has a dedicated family lounge with comfortable seating. The lounge is served by its own bar (light snacks and beverages - tea, coffee, soft drinks). During summer months opens an outdoor/open-air alfresco bar.
Shopping at the onboard shops offers a wide choice of brand products at discounted prices in comparison to UK high street prices. Up to 40% discounts are offered on luxury perfumes, skincare, cosmetics. Up to 30% discounts are offered on alcohol (spirits, wines, beers). The shops (on Red deck 5) also sell bestseller books, newspapers, magazines, toys, games,
The cruise ferry GNV Antares has children-dedicated onboard areas, including a playroom (indoor playground) and movie room (for watching videos). During summer holidays' family breaks, the ferry company provides onboard kids entertainment program with specially trained staff and supervised activities (painting, drawing, treasure hunts, arts, and crafts).
GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all GNV ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest GNV ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Onboard food includes a huge variety of options. A la carte restaurants provide a combination of international, regional and Mediterranean food with a range of signature dishes for the 3 courses. The self-service/buffet dining provides passengers with an array of different choices in an informal setting. Snack Bars serve fast-food classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Pizzeria is open during high season and offers fresh-baked Neapolitan pizzas with a variety of toppings. On the routes between Italy and Tunisia-Morocco are also available Halal meals - permissible by the traditional Islamic law food and drinks.
- Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, fashion clothing and accessories, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
- The shipboard Conference Centre serves the company's "GNV MICE and INCENTIVE" program and offers 5 different formats for group meetings, conventions and corporate events at sea and in port - Charters (full), Part Charters (dedicated onboard areas), Mini-Cruises, Floating Hotel (ship hotel) and Corporate Events (onboard aperitifs, lunches and dinners).
Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on all GNV ships. Kids under 2 years of age travel free of charge on Tunisia and Morocco routes. Cots, high chairs, bottle warmers, changing tables and cot sides are provided on request and free of charge.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grandi Navi Veloci (1992-founded, headquartered in Genoa, Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes between mainland Italy, Sardinia, Sicily, Albania, France, Morocco, and Tunisia. Here is listed GNV's current cruiseferry fleet.
GNV Antares ferry - user reviews and comments
GNV Antares ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The Dover UK-based P&O Ferries sold the ships Pride of Bruges and Pride of York. Pride of York was handed over to her new owner and...April 18, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Two deployed in the North Sea cruiseferries have been put up for sale weeks after the UK-Belgium route was closed. The ships Pride of Bruges and...February 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On December 29 was terminated the ferry service linking Flanders (northern Belgium) with England. The last crossing (from Zeebrugge-Bruges Belgium...January 3, 2021
- Cruise Industry
P&O Ferries UK announced it will terminate the route between Hull England and Zeebrugge-Bruges Belgium due to a sharp drop in demand caused by...October 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
MS Pride of Bruges ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the UK company P&O FERRIES. The ship has max capacity of 1250...August 27, 2017
- show more news
Other GRANDI NAVI VELOCI cruise ships
GNV Antares ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review