MS Leonora Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Leonora
|Year built||2008 / Age : 11|
|Builder||Damen Shipyards (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||HTL Cruises (Holland)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Avalon Scenery|
Review of MS Leonora
Note: In 2017, the riverboat (previously chartered by Avalon Waterways from "Blue Ships 1 Renditefonds GmbH & Co KG Hamburg") was sold to "HTL Cruises" (a company based in Arnhem Holland). The new shipowner renamed "Avalon Scenery" to "MS Leonora".
Only 138 passengers can be accommodated on board in an elegantly designed setting. The Scenery ship offers deluxe suites, most of which with French balconies and floor-to-ceiling glass doors. Avalon Scenery has a total number of 70 cabins (of which 2 Avalon Suite, 57 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades. Scenery's cabin types selection features mostly "French Balcony" staterooms, including the two signature Avalon Suite accommodations (also with French Balcony, plus a seating area).
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - (x4, JR), size 258 ft2 / 24 m2)
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24), A (x18), B (x12), E (11) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
MS Leonora ship (Avalon Scenery) has 1 bar, 3 lounges, free Wi-Fi access, complimentary Internet Corner, Sky Deck (Sun Deck with Sky Bistro and whirlpool), hair salon, Fitness Center, 1 elevator.
The riverboat offers 5-star service, gourmet dining (with chef-inspired recipes and complimentary wines), Bar Lounge (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library (Internet Corner), Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Gym, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge and Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area). Ship's restaurants are named Scenery (dining room) and Sky Bistro (al-fresco).
MS Leonora cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Scenery cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Scenery itineraries that the ship used to operate for Avalon Waterways:
- (7-nights cruising) "Burgundy and Provence" are 11-days river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WCL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLC). Itineraries include TGV train (high-speed train) travel Paris-Dijon, the embarkation on the Scenery ship in Chalon (transfer from Beaune) or Arles (transfer from Cote d’Azur), and also Burgundy wine cruise tours included in the Avalon Waterways tickets prices.
- (Two ships, 14-nights cruising) "Grand France" are 16-days Seine, Saone and Rhone river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WPL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLP). These are back-to-back river cruise deals combining the Scenery's Saone and Rhone cruise with the "Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches" itinerary route operated by the new Avalon Tapestry 2 ship. These Avalon Waterways deals offer embarkation and disembarkation in Paris, Chalon and Arles, with included TGV train travel Paris-Dijon or the reverse Dijon-Paris.
MS Leonora wiki
The Avalon Scenery boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity, Creativity, Felicity and Luminary. Scenery is currently the oldest ship in the operated by Avalon Waterways fleet. Still, the boat offers first-class amenities and cuisine, featuring two full decks with floor-to-ceiling panorama windows. Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Leonora - user reviews and comments
MS Leonora User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review