MS Monarch Countess current position
MS Monarch Countess current location is at Europe Inland (coordinates 51.44644 N / 6.75043 E) cruising en route to DUISBURG. The AIS position was reported 8 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Monarch Countess
|Year built||2010 / Age: 10|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Mosel GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Operator||Gate 1 Travel (Europe)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Affinity, Avalon Luminary|
|Former names||Avalon Felicity|
|Christened by||Measha Brueggergosman|
MS Monarch Countess Review
Review of MS Monarch Countess
MS Monarch Countess (fka Avalon Felicity) ship boat cruises on Rhine River departing from homeports Amsterdam (Holland) and Basel-Zurich (Switzerland). Itineraries' call ports include Breisach am Rhein, Kehl-Strasbourg, Speyer, Rudesheim am Rhein, Koblenz, Koln-Cologne.
On March 9, 2018, Avalon Waterways announced that fleet's three 138-passenger sisterships (Felicity, Affinity, Luminary) will leave the fleet (end their charters with Avalon) in 2019. The three riverboats are currently chartered by the tour company "Gate 1 Travel" under the names Monarch Countess (Felicity), Monarch Governess (Affinity) and Monarch Duchess (Luminary). Gate1Travel's river cruise fleet also includes Monarch Princess (Avalon Creativity).
The well-appointed roomy staterooms feature the modest minimum of 172 sq. feet of space - the largest on the European rivers. All staterooms include a spacious closet, well-stocked minibar, flatscreen satellite TV, Comfort Collection beds, a large private bathroom with a hairdryer, full shower, premium bath amenities.
Avalon Felicity has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms) - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - 4x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (x12, deck 2), E (x11, deck 1) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
Shipboard restaurants are two - Dining Room (with Buffet station) and Sky Bistro (al-fresco). The boat also has Bar Lounge (indoor observation venue with floor-ceiling windows and terrace / outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Atrium Lobby (glass-walled and covered by SkyLight), Hair Salon, Gym/Fitness Center, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bistro, Whirlpool (outdoor jacuzzi), sunbathing area with loungers, shaded seating area (retractables awnings, deckchairs, tables), deckgames area (Giant Chess Set). One elevator (glass-walled lift) connects all cabin decks. Free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet are provided throughout the ship.
Gate1Travel river cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Rhine cruise tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Afternoon Tea, Night Fare, Felicity cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Felicity itineraries operated for Avalon Waterways.
- (7-nights cruising) "Romantic Rhine" are 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WAZ). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- The Northbound route (departures from Zurich, Switzerland) include bus transfer from Zurich to Basel for embarkation (on Day 1)and morning disembarkation in Amsterdam (on Day 8).
- The Southbound route (departures from Amsterdam, Holland) feature embarkation (on Day 1) and Amsterdam canal cruise (on Day 2).
MS Monarch Countess - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Monarch CountessAdd Photo
MS Monarch Countess ship related cruise news
Other Gate 1 Travel Europe cruise ships
MS Monarch Countess Wiki
The riverboat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity (Monarch Governess), Luminary (Monarch Duchess), Creativity (Monarch Princess) and Scenery (Leonora). This river cruise ship design features almost 50% "French Balcony" staterooms. Suite accommodations have each a French Balcony in the seating area, plus a large floor-to-ceiling window. Each of these vessels is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). Ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
The cruise ship Avalon Felicity was launched on March 27, 2010, in Volendam (Holland) by godmother Measha Brueggergosman - 1977-born Canadian opera singer (soprano) and concert artist with both classical and pop music performances.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Monarch Countess User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review