Heidelberg is a Neckar River cruise port, located in the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region (south-western Germany). With population around 150,000, the city is Baden-Wurttemberg state's 5th-largest - after Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Mannheim and Freiburg im Breisgau. Neckar River flows into Rhine River approx 22 km (14 ml) northwest in Mannheim.
Among Heidelberg's landmarks are the Heidelberg University (Germany's oldest), Heidelberg Castle, Old Town (baroque-style architecture), Philosophenweg (Philosophers' Walk), churches, Carl Bosch Museum, Deutsches Verpackungsmuseum (packing and wrapping goods), Kurpfalzisches Museum (Roman archeological artifacts).
- Heidelberg's Altstadt (Old Town), is on the river's south bank and dominated by the Heidelberg Castle. Its ruins are 80 m (260 m) above the river, on the steep slopes of the Königstuhl hill.
- The Hauptstrasse (Main Street) is approx 2 km (1 ml) and runs the entire old town's length.
- Heiliggeistkirche (Church of the Holy Spirit) is a late Gothic church in the old town.
- The majority of the working population is occupied in service industries, including tourism, as the city attracts over 3,5 million tourists per year.
- Printing and publishing are important sources of income. Among the major employers are the Walldorf (IT center) and the SAP (software corporation) World Headquarters. Also here are the headquarters of HeidelbergCement (world's 2nd largest producer).
- Through western Heidelberg runs Bundesautobahn 5 - highway connection to Frankfurt am Main (to the north) and Karlsruhe (to the south). Bundesautobahn 656 starts west of the city, and connects it with Mannheim. Both autobans meet at the city's intersection. Bundesautobahn 656 connects to Bundesautobahn 6 at the Mannheim intersection (towards Stuttgart). Bundesstrasse 3 (Frankfurt–Karlsruhe) also runs through the city (north–south), while east–west runs Bundesstrasse 37 (Mannheim–Eberbach). Both streets intersect at Bismarckplatz (in the city center). Bundesautobahn 535 starts in the south of the city, running to Schwetzingen.
- The city's Hauptbahnhof (Central Train Station) is on the Rhine Valley Railway. The railway is served by InterCityExpress (high-speed trains) and by Euro City trains.
Highlights: Schloss Heidelberg, Old University town, Heiliggeistkirche
The Heidelberg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Heidelberg, Germany.
If you lose the Heidelberg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Heidelberg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Heidelberg, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 July, 2017
11 July, 2017
15 July, 2017
24 July, 2017
29 July, 2017