Scenic Gem Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Gem
|Year built||2014 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyards (Holland)|
|Owner||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2200 gt|
|Passengers||63 - 126|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Lillian Moroney|
Review of Scenic Gem
The Scenic Gem boat cruises on Seine River leaving from Paris, France, and visiting Honfleur (located across from Le Havre). The Scenic Tours cruise line also offers combined (back-to-back) itineraries with included TGV (speed-train) travel Paris to Bordeaux for embarking on the second leg of the B2B river cruise itinerary. This second part includes a Garonne River cruise from Bordeaux on the Scenic Diamond ship. Scenic's France cruise fares are inclusive of hotel packages.
Scenic Gem was launched in 2014. The ship is one of the smallest in the Scenic Cruises fleet, but still among the line's "Space Ship" class of newest vessels.
A signature feature of all Scenic "space ships" are the cabin balconies called “Sun Lounges”. These are outdoor terraces which easily convert into indoor lounge areas. These are called so because they offer plentiful in-cabin and public space. A standout feature also includes their "Sun Lounge" balconies, simultaneously making the staterooms feel large and make the balcony usable in inclement weather. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fare. The additional amenities include television-Mac computers in every cabin, glassed-in showers, L'Occitane products and fluffy bathrobes.
The list of included in the Scenic Gem cruise fares shore excursions includes visiting museums, architecture and historical sites, walking and biking tours in every port along the cruise itinerary route. Scenic's GPS devices, binoculars and bicycles allow independent shore exploration.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in cabins' mini-bars are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travelers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well traveled.
Scenic Gem cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic Cruises France rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours Seine river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
Scenic Gem wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 12
- Total number of cabins: 63
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant, Portobellos (Italian), Riverview Terrace (al fresco), Table la Rive (Gem Deck, for Suite passengers only)
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge, River Cafe
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop, elevator (connecting all cabin decks).
- Scenic Gem cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- In the Scenic fleet, the river ship Gem has other “Space-Ships” sisters with the same design - Amber, Jewel, Crystal and Jade.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness) and Viking (Kadlin, Neptune, Pride, Rinda, Rolf, Spirit).
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - RA, R (x4, deck3), RS (x2, deck3), RJ, BJ (x4, deck2&3), A, PA, PP, C, BA, BB, BD-PD-Deluxe (x61, deck2&3), BS (x1, deck2)
- Window Staterooms - D, E (x12, deck1).
- More than 80% of the accommodations feature full-size balconies. Every room has a “Scenic Slumber Bed” that is queen-size, with fine linens and a menu of pillows. Junior and Royal Suites offer butler service.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Scenic Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Gem Itineraries 2017
The below listed Scenic Gem cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
07 September 2017 10 nights / 11 days, round-trip Gems of the Seine
|07 Sep||Departing from Paris, France|
|09 Sep||Paris, France|
|09 Sep||Les Andelys, France|
|10 Sep||Rouen, France|
|11 Sep||Rouen, France|
|12 Sep||Seine River|
|12 Sep - 13 Sep||Honfleur, France (Overnight)|
|13 Sep||Honfleur, France|
|14 Sep||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|15 Sep||Vernon, France|
|16 Sep||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|17 Sep||Paris, France|
|18 Sep||Arriving in Paris, France|
17 September 2017 10 nights / 11 days, round-trip Gems of the Seine
|17 Sep||Departing from Paris, France|
|19 Sep||Paris, France|
|19 Sep||Les Andelys, France|
|20 Sep||Rouen, France|
|21 Sep||Rouen, France|
|22 Sep||Seine River|
|22 Sep - 23 Sep||Honfleur, France (Overnight)|
|23 Sep||Honfleur, France|
|24 Sep||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|25 Sep||Vernon, France|
|26 Sep||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|27 Sep||Paris, France|
|28 Sep||Arriving in Paris, France|
27 September 2017 10 nights / 11 days, round-trip Gems of the Seine
|27 Sep||Departing from Paris, France|
|29 Sep||Paris, France|
|29 Sep||Les Andelys, France|
|30 Sep||Rouen, France|
|01 Oct||Rouen, France|
|02 Oct||Seine River|
|02 Oct - 03 Oct||Honfleur, France (Overnight)|
|03 Oct||Honfleur, France|
|04 Oct||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|05 Oct||Vernon, France|
|06 Oct||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|07 Oct||Paris, France|
|08 Oct||Arriving in Paris, France|
07 October 2017 10 nights / 11 days, round-trip Gems of the Seine
|07 Oct||Departing from Paris, France|
|09 Oct||Paris, France|
|09 Oct||Les Andelys, France|
|10 Oct||Rouen, France|
|11 Oct||Rouen, France|
|12 Oct||Seine River|
|12 Oct - 13 Oct||Honfleur, France (Overnight)|
|13 Oct||Honfleur, France|
|14 Oct||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|15 Oct||Vernon, France|
|16 Oct||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|17 Oct||Paris, France|
|18 Oct||Arriving in Paris, France|