Scenic Jewel Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Jewel
|Year built||2013 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyards (Holland)|
|Owner||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2720 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 169|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Jennifer Perry|
Review of Scenic Jewel
The Scenic Jewel boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers in Europe. The ship's itineraries visit Netherlands, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic . Departures are from Amsterdam, Nurnberg, Prague and Budapest. Itineraries with Paris (France) and London (England) include the flights to or from Amsterdam Holland.
Scenic Jewel is the second in a series of 4 new-class Scenic Tours ships, together with the Scenic named fleetmates Jade, Crystal and Amber. These luxury European riverboats are part of the line's impressive fleet expansion. This newbuilding program positioned Scenic Cruises among the best European river passenger shipping lines.
All Scenic river cruise ships in Europe are operated with all-inclusive luxury travel deals. They are also nearly 1/5 longer but with smaller guest capacity compared to standard-design riverboats sailing on the big European rivers and inland waterways. This innovative design (patented as "space ships") allows bigger cabins and spacious public areas. A signature feature of all Scenic Cruises "space ships" are the cabin balconies called “Sun Lounges”. These are outdoor terraces which easily convert into indoor lounge areas.
Scenic Jewel offers 85 staterooms and 4 passenger decks (including two decks full of cabins with balconies). The ship has two restaurants, gourmet dining options, spacious top-deck (with shaded terrace lounge and sitting areas), Gym & Spa facilities, an elevator. On all (price-inclusive) Scenic cruise tours and excursions ashore, guests receive GPS tracking devices (called ScenicTailorMade) with uploaded digital maps. They also double as listening devices for the live narration by the line's local expert tour guides provided on all group travel excursions. Binoculars and bicycles are also provided complimentary to fully enjoy the scenery everywhere along the Scenic river cruise itinerary route.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in cabins' mini-bars are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travelers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well traveled.
Scenic Jewel cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
Scenic Jewel wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 16
- Total number of cabins: 85 (of which 73 balcony suites).
- Restaurants: Jewel Restaurant, Portobellos (Italian), Riverview Terrace (al fresco), Table la Rive (Diamond Deck, for Suite passengers only)
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge, River Cafe
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop, elevator (connecting all cabin decks).
- Scenic Jewel cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- In the Scenic fleet, the river ship Jewel has other “Space-Ships” sisters with the same design - Amber, Crystal, Gem and Jade.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - RA, R (x4, deck3), RS (x2, deck3), RJ, BJ (x4, deck2&3), A, PA, PP, C, BA, BB, BD-PD-Deluxe (x61, deck2&3), BS (x1, deck2)
- Window Staterooms - D, E (x12, deck1).
- More than 80% of the accommodations feature full-size balconies. Every room has a “Scenic Slumber Bed” that is queen-size, with fine linens and a menu of pillows. Junior and Royal Suites offer butler service.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Scenic Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Jewel Itineraries 2017
The below listed Scenic Jewel cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
11 September 2017 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest
|11 Sep||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|13 Sep||Amsterdam, Holland|
|14 Sep||Cologne, Germany|
|15 Sep||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|15 Sep||Rudesheim, Germany|
|16 Sep||Wertheim, Germany|
|17 Sep||Wurzburg, Germany|
|17 Sep||Main River|
|18 Sep||Bamberg, Germany|
|19 Sep||Nuremberg, Germany|
|19 Sep||Main-Danube Canal, Germany|
|20 Sep||Regensburg, Germany|
|21 Sep||Passau, Germany|
|21 Sep||Linz, Austria|
|22 Sep||Melk, Austria (Morning)|
|22 Sep||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|22 Sep||Durnstein, Austria (Afternoon)|
|22 Sep - 23 Sep||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|23 Sep||Vienna, Austria|
|24 Sep||Vienna, Austria|
|25 Sep||Budapest, Hungary|
|26 Sep||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|
25 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg
25 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Budapest to Prague
|25 Sep||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|27 Sep||Budapest, Hungary|
|28 Sep - 29 Sep||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|29 Sep||Vienna, Austria|
|30 Sep||Durnstein, Austria|
|30 Sep||Melk, Austria|
|01 Oct||Linz, Austria|
|01 Oct||Passau, Germany|
|02 Oct||Regensburg, Germany|
|03 Oct||Nuremberg, Germany|
|03 Oct||Arriving in Prague, Czech Republic (Transfer)|
02 October 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest
09 October 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Budapest to Bucharest