mv Voyager Review and Specifications
Specifications of mv Voyager
|Year built||1990 / Age : 27|
|Builder||Union Naval de Levante (Valencia, Spain)|
|Building cost||USD 96 million|
|Owner||All Leisure Group|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||153 m / 502 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||15271 gt|
|Passengers||508 - 559|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Former names||Crown Monarch, Nautican, Walrus, Jules Verne, Alexander von Humboldt|
|Christened by||Miranda Krestovnikoff|
Review of mv Voyager
MV Voyager cruise ship was formerly operating as "Alexander von Humboldt" (2008–2012). The vessel was built in 1990 in Valencia (Spain) under the name “Crown Monarch”, with previous owners Club Cruise, Casino ship and Cunard.
History - construction & ownership
The 15,396-ton, 550-passenger ship mv Voyager joined Voyages of Discovery in December 2012. The last refurbishment of the Voyager was in Portland Port, U.K., the same year, and ended by her maiden voyage. Like her sister cruise ship Discovery, the small size of Voyager means that the vessel is able to access remote, out of the way ports.
Cruise itinerary program
MV Voyager itinerary program is based mostly on cruises in Europe, but a variety of itineraries visit ports all around the world. The ship sails in the Mediterranean and around UK (British Isles), as well as to far-flung destinations in Africa, the Caribbean, South Asia (including Indian Ocean islands).
After major technical upgrades, now the ship boasts 30 balcony cabins out of 270, and 87% outside. The digital media players allow guests in all staterooms to access a large selection of documentaries, classical concerts and films. When all staterooms have double occupancy, the cruise vessel secures a space ratio of 27,7 tons per guest.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
There are two restaurants on board mv Voyager, both open seating, plus an intimate specialty restaurant, Explorer Club, which is pre-bookable.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The new features of mv Voyager include Scott’s Lounge, a piano bar that serves cocktails in the evening, the Lookout Lounge with panoramic views from front of the ship and a new terrace added to Veranda Restaurant for al fresco style dining. The new Bridge Club is dual purpose and can also be used for lectures onboard the ship. MV Voyager features a swimming pool, two whirlpools, a gym and Beauty Centre.
mv Voyager wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 12
- Total number of cabins: 270 (of which 35 Suites).
- Dining Rooms: Discovery, Veranda
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido Bar, the Explorer Club (specialty)
- Lounges & Bars: Sunset Club, Scott's Lounge (piano bar), Darwin Lounge, Lookout Lounge
- Sun Deck, Fitness Center, Pool, 2 Hot Tubs, Atlantis Spa, Library, Internet hub, Gift Shop.
- mv Voyager joined the Voyages of Discovery line company in the end of 2012, following a refurbishment in Portland (England, UK). The ship was formerly operated as "MV Alexander von Humboldt" (between 2008–2012), "MV Jules Verne" (between 2007–2008), "MV Walrus" (between 1996–2007), "MV Nautican" (between 1994–1996). The vessel was originally built for Crown Cruise Line as "Crown Monarch" and operated under this name between 1990–1994. After numerous refurbishments, refits and upgrades, today the Voyager cruise ship boasts 87% outside cabins, with 30 of the suites being staterooms with private balconies.
- The ship's last naming ceremony took place at the home-port Portsmouth (South Hampshire, England) on December 4, 2012.
- MV Voyager cruise itineraries are mostly in the Mediterranean Sea (Europe). However, the ship also cruises around the world, visiting ports in Southeast Asia, South Africa, Indian Ocean, Caribbean Sea (incl Panama Canal). Transatlantic cruises are offered on repositioning.
- In January 2017, the shipowner All Leisure Group cancelled all January cruises on MV Voyager (Voyages of Discovery brand) and also on MV Minerva (Swan Hellenic brand). The Voyager ship was supposed to depart from Malaysia on Jan 4 (15-day Asian itinerary), and the Minerva ship on Jan 3 (15-day Canaries itinerary). The owner company explained its decision in brief Twitter post as “operational reasons”. All Leisure Group also owns the brand "Hebridean Island Cruises" and other travel businesses. In early 2016, the company's Managing Director and chairman R.J. Allard announced that “cruise division continued to be unprofitable”. For more information read this CruiseMapper news article.
mv Voyager ship related cruise news
What was meant to be the cruise of a lifetime turned into a nightmare for retired Australian couple. The incident invilves a 43-day...January 7, 2017
The mood at the cruising ventures of All Leisure Group is one of uncertainty. There are rumours that at least one, if not two of their ships, could...January 4, 2017
- show more news
mv Voyager Itineraries 2017
The below listed mv Voyager cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Small Cruise Lines fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
04 November 2017 13 nights / 14 days, round-trip Cape Verde And Canarian Landscapes
|05 Nov||Departing from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|06 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Santa Cruz de la Palma, Canary Islands|
|09 Nov - 10 Nov||Mindelo, Sao Vicente Island, Cape Verde|
|11 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Praia, Santiago Island, Cape Verde|
|12 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Boa Vista Island, Sal Rei, Cape Verde|
|16 Nov 08:00 - 22:00||Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands|
|17 Nov||Arriving in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
17 November 2017 12 nights / 13 days, round-trip Quintessential Canaries
|18 Nov||Departing from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|19 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands|
|20 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands|
|20 Nov - 21 Nov||Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
|23 Nov - 24 Nov||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|25 Nov - 26 Nov||Santa Cruz de la Palma, Canary Islands|
|27 Nov 07:00 - 23:00||La Gomera, Canary Islands|
|28 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||El Hierro, Canary Islands|
|29 Nov||Arriving in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
29 November 2017 20 nights / 21 days, one-way from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Cape Town
|29 Nov||Departing from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|30 Nov 07:00 - 19:00||Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands|
|03 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Mindelo, Sao Vicente Island, Cape Verde|
|08 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Ascension Island, Georgetown, UK|
|11 Dec 07:00 - 14:00||Saint Helena Island, Jamestown, UK|
|15 Dec - 16 Dec||Walvis Bay, Namibia|
|17 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Luderitz, Namibia|
|19 Dec||Arriving in Cape Town, South Africa|
20 December 2017 14 nights / 15 days, round-trip Yuletide In South Africa
|21 Dec||Departing from Cape Town, South Africa|
|23 Dec||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|24 Dec 08:00 - 14:00||East London, South Africa|
|26 Dec - 27 Dec||Maputo, Mozambique|
|28 Dec - 29 Dec||Richards Bay, South Africa|
|30 Dec - 31 Dec||Durban, South Africa|
|03 Jan||Arriving in Cape Town, South Africa|
mv Voyager Itineraries 2018
The below listed mv Voyager cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Small Cruise Lines fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
03 January 2018 13 nights / 14 days, one-way from Cape Town to Port Louis
|04 Jan||Departing from Cape Town, South Africa|
|06 Jan 08:00 - 19:00||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|08 Jan - 09 Jan||Durban, South Africa|
|10 Jan 06:00 - 18:00||Richards Bay, South Africa|
|13 Jan 08:00 - 14:00||Tolanaro, Fort-Dauphin, Madagascar|
|15 Jan 07:00 - 19:00||Saint-Denis, Reunion Island|
|16 Jan||Arriving in Port Louis, Mauritius Island|
17 January 2018 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Port Louis to Colombo
|18 Jan||Departing from Port Louis, Mauritius Island|
|21 Jan - 23 Jan||Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles|
|23 Jan - 24 Jan||Praslin Island, Seychelles|
|24 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||La Digue Island, Seychelles|
|28 Jan - 29 Jan||Male, Kaafu Atoll, Maldives|
|31 Jan||Arriving in Colombo, Sri Lanka|
01 February 2018 13 nights / 14 days, one-way from Colombo to Dubai
|02 Feb||Departing from Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|03 Feb 08:00 - 17:00||Tuticorin, Thoothukudi, India|
|04 Feb||Cochin, India|
|07 Feb 07:00 - 14:00||Mormugao, Goa, India|
|08 Feb - 09 Feb||Mumbai, Bombay, India|
|10 Feb 11:00 - 18:00||Porbandar, India|
|13 Feb 12:00 - 20:00||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|14 Feb||Arriving in Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
15 February 2018 16 nights / 17 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus
|16 Feb||Departing from Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
|17 Feb 07:00 - 14:00||Khasab, Musandam, Oman|
|18 Feb 08:00 - 17:00||Muscat, Oman|
|20 Feb 12:00 - 19:00||Salalah, Oman|
|25 Feb - 26 Feb||Safaga, Egypt|
|28 Feb||Suez Canal|
|02 Mar 07:00 - 18:00||Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|03 Mar||Arriving in Piraeus, Athens, Greece|