Crystal River Cruises (Crystal Cruises)
Crystal Ravel Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Ravel
|Year built||2018 new ship|
|Builder||MV Werften (Wismar, Germany)|
|Class||Rhine-class River Cruiser|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||114 - 169|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Christened by||Mariann Peller|
Review of Crystal Ravel
Crystal Ravel cruise ship belongs to the fleet of Crystal River Cruises. The company operates a total of 4 newbuild top-luxury "river yachts" (by the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft / MV Werften, Wismar Germany) plus 1 riverboat acquired in 2015. Mahler's fleetmates and sister-ships are named Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Bach. To start operations, the Crystal river cruise line purchased an existing riverboat - Crystal Mozart - that was fully refurbished and launched in July 2016.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
Crystal River Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) operate with fully all-inclusive deals. Brand's product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment program, high-class onboard entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild riverboats in Europe. In each port along the cruisetour itinerary are offered culture-themed events and excursions. In some ports, Crystal river cruise ships offer overnight stays allowing passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment shipboard.
To start its operations, the Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered four new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft, Germany) scheduled for delivery in mid 2017: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel.
Crystal Ravel was launched on August 8, 2017.
The Ravel ship has capacity for 114 passengers (max 169 pax / triple occupancy), top-luxury suites (ranging from 20-71 m2 / 220-760 ft2). All staterooms on the new series Crystal river cruise ships feature the following industry-first cabin amenities - King beds, walk-in closets, and en-suite marble bathrooms with double sink vanities.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner / party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill. All venues are operated with open-seating dining.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish, seasonal fruits and vegetables, meat and poultry from local farms, local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ship are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Ravel ship has 3 lounges and bars, 4 restaurants, 1 panoramic / glass elevator, gym and spa facilities. Unique features are the glass-domed atrium area and the indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool). The ship’s show lounge, Palm Court, has a stage for live performances, grand piano performances, singalongs. The lounge features a dance floor for themed dancing parties. The Palm Court Lounge features a glass-dome cover, floor-ceiling window walls, live plants for decoration, comfortable seating, full-service bar. The 24-hour open coffee-tea corner, The Pantry, offers complimentary fruit basket, pastries, cookies, sparkling water. On the new river yachts there are also Fitness Center, full-service Spa.
One deck is dedicated to all onboard public spaces (including spa, gym, library, glass-domed Palm Court lounge). Each riverboat carries its own fleet of electric bikes, 2-person kayaks and jet skis for complimentary passenger use on individual or guided tours and excursions ashore.
River cruise Itineraries
Initially, Crystal Ravel itinerary program was based on Dordogne and Garonne river cruises leaving out of Bordeaux, and themed as “Bordeaux, The Wine Region and Beyond”. The 7-day itineraries (also including Gironde Estuary) offered 2-nights (overnight stay) in Bordeaux and visiting Pauillac, Blaye, Libourne.
However, for the inaugural 2018-2019 season, the boat had scheduled 7- and 14-day Moselle, Rhine and Danube river cruises leaving from Amsterdam Holland, Basel Switzerland , Vienna Austria and Budapest Hungary. During season 2018 were operated cruises between Vienna and Basel. For season 2019 were scheduled itineraries between Vienna and Budapest.
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free Wi-Fi and satellite Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programing (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (shore excursions / land tours).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal Ravel wiki
- Crystal Ravel riverboat is named after the French composer Maurice Ravel (1875 – 1937).
- The (dual) steel-cutting ceremony for Crystal Debussy (yard number 128) and Ravel yard number 129) was on January 9, 2017, held at MV Werften shipyard (Wismar Germany). The first steel plates were flame cut. The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (Genting Hong Kong's Executive Chairman), Edie Rodriguez (Crystal Cruises’ President, CEO and Chairman) and Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern's Economics Minister).
- The (dual) keel-laying ceremony for Ravel and Debussy was held on May 24, 2017, at MV Werften Wismar. The vessel's first sections were ceremoniously lowered into position on keel blocks. The special event was attended by Jarmo Laakso (MV WERFTEN's Managing Director), Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Josef Lumetsberger (Crystal River Cruises' General Manager of Operations), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern's Economics Minister) and other distinguished guests. Minister Glawe and Tan Sri Lim placed "lucky coins" on the keel blocks before the ship's first 2 sections (each 170 tons) were laid down.
- The riverboat was launched on August 8, 2017, and officially delivered to Crystal Cruises on April 12, 2018, in Wismar.
- Ship's godmother is Mariann Peller - Hungarian TV presenter and actor, creator of the classical music show “Virtuosos” and founder of "Young Virtuosos Foundation". The christening ceremony was held on July 11, 2018, in Budapest, during the 7-day "Danube Serenade" cruisetour (itinerary July 5-12). The naming ceremony was attended by Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises President and CEO) and Walter Littlejohn (Crystal River Cruises managing director and VP). The special event took place during the overnight stay in Budapest, allowing passengers to participate in the festivities.
The Inaugural Cruise (Maiden Voyage) was scheduled for May 10, 2018. Next table shows the itinerary's ports and port times.
|10 May||Departing from Basel, Switzerland|
|12 May - 22:00||Basel, Switzerland|
|13 May 08:00 - 22:00||Kiel, Germany|
|14 May||Speyer, Germany|
|14 May||Mannheim, Germany|
|15 May||Koblenz, Germany|
|15 May||Rhine River|
|15 May||Rudesheim, Germany|
|16 May||Miltenberg, Germany|
|16 May||Wertheim, Germany|
|17 May||Wurzburg, Germany|
|17 May||Main River, Germany|
|18 May 10:00 - 18:00||Bamberg, Germany|
|19 May||Nuremberg, Germany|
|19 May||Rhine River|
|20 May 09:00 - 19:00||Regensburg, Germany|
|21 May||Deggendorf, Germany|
|21 May 18:00 - 21 May||Passau, Germany (Overnight)|
|22 May - 16:00||Passau, Germany|
|23 May||Melk, Austria|
|23 May||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|23 May||Krems an der Donau, Austria|
|24 May 08:00 - 24 May||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|25 May||Arriving in Vienna, Austria|
Godspeed to the new boat!
Crystal Ravel - user reviews and comments
Crystal Ravel ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises unveiled its collection of picturesque sailings for 2020. Line's award-winning fleet of 5 all-suite luxury river boats: Crystal...August 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Ravel was welcomed into the fleet of Crystal River Cruises during a christening ceremony in Budapest. The cruise company celebrated the...July 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The creator of the popular Hungarian classical music TV show “Virtuosos”, Mariann Peller, will serve as godmother to Crystal...July 4, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The 5th luxury ship for Crystal River Cruises was officially handed over to the company on April 12 in Wismar. Tom Wolber, Crystal president and CEO...April 16, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises announced over 2 dozen new Crystal Getaways for 3 of its river ships, sailing between May-November 2018. The new Getaways...April 6, 2018
- show more news
Other Crystal River Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Ravel Itineraries
The below listed Crystal Ravel cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Crystal Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 22||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna|
|2018 Nov 29||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest|
|2018 Dec 06||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna|
|2018 Dec 13||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest|
|2018 Dec 20||14 days, one-way from Vienna to Basel||Vienna|
|2019 Mar 24||7 days, one-way from Linz to Budapest||Linz||$2390|
|2019 Mar 31||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Linz||Budapest||$2840|
|2019 Apr 07||7 days, one-way from Linz to Budapest||Linz||$2840|
|2019 Apr 14||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest||$3290|
|2019 Apr 15||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$3063|
|2019 Apr 21||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3290|
|2019 Apr 29||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$3433|
|2019 May 05||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 May 12||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3745|
|2019 May 19||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3745|
|2019 May 26||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Jun 02||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Jun 09||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Jun 16||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Jun 23||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$4702|
|2019 Jul 03||11 days, round-trip Eastern Danube Discoveries||Vienna||$5172|
|2019 Jul 14||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$4702|
|2019 Jul 24||11 days, round-trip Eastern Danube Discoveries||Vienna||$4817|
|2019 Aug 04||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$4702|
|2019 Aug 05||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$3248|
|2019 Aug 25||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Sep 01||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3970|
|2019 Sep 08||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3970|
|2019 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3970|
|2019 Sep 22||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3970|
|2019 Sep 29||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Oct 06||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 Oct 13||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3065|
|2019 Oct 20||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3065|
|2019 Oct 27||7 days, round-trip Danube Dreams & Discoveries||Vienna||$3065|
|2019 Nov 03||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$3732|
|2019 Nov 13||10 days, round-trip Danube Christmas Markets||Vienna||$3732|
|2019 Nov 23||10 days, round-trip Danube Christmas Markets||Vienna||$3732|
|2019 Dec 03||10 days, round-trip Danube Christmas Markets||Vienna||$3412|
|2019 Dec 13||10 days, round-trip Danube Christmas Markets||Vienna||$3732|