Dream Goddess current position
Dream Goddess current location is at Aegean Sea (coordinates 37.96125 N / 23.56693 E) cruising en route to PERAMA. The AIS position was reported 6 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Dream Goddess
|Year built||1980 / Age: 41|
|Builder||(HDW) Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (Kiel, Germany)|
|Owner||Royalton Investment UK|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||139 m / 456 ft|
|Beam (width)||18 m / 59 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||10550 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||MS Berlin, FTI Berlin, Spirit of Adventure, Orange Melody, Princess Mahsuri|
Dream Goddess Review
Review of Dream Goddess
MS Dream Goddess cruise ship (fka "MS Berlin") is currently owned by Royalton Investment Holding (UK) and operated by its subsidiary company and travel brand "Dreamliner Cruises". The vessel was initially launched and operated under the name “Berlin” (1980–1982; 1984–2005). It also served as Princess Mahsuri (1982–1984), Orange Melody (2005), Spirit of Adventure (until 2012) and FTI Berlin (2012–2014). During 2005-2013, the vessel was owned by Saga Cruises and was part of its second brand (“Spirit of Adventure Cruises”) - together with the fleetmate Quest of Adventure (currently Saga Pearl 2).
- Overall, FTI Group wanted to reduce staff costs by ~20% to cope with the Coronavirus crisis. According to the shipowner, FTI Cruises will be discontinued at the end of FY2020 (fiscal year) and MS Berlin will cease cruising on November 1, 2020. The 40-year-old vessel was last refurbished in 2017.
- In addition to FTI Cruises, FTI Group's measures also affected the flight portal Fly.de (2005-founded), FTI Touristik GmbH (tour operator, operations in 120+ countries) and LAL Sprachreisen (LAL Language Travel / "Love A Language", worldwide tours themed on learning English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Japanese).
- FTI Cruises departures scheduled for September-October 2020 were cancelled.
Fortunately, MS Berlin was sold and on September 16, 2020, when Dreamliner Cruises (brand and a fully-owned subsidiary of Royalton Investment UK) took over the vessel from FTI Group. When the announcement was made, the cruise ship (Berlin) was docked in Stinice (north of Split Croatia).
The new shipowner immediately scheduled a complete drydock refurbishment, after which the Malta-flagged liner (MMSI 248277000, Valletta-registered) was renamed to "Dream Goddess" and reflagged to Bahamas (MMSI 311000998, Nassau-registered).
Dreamliner's Dream Goddess will be operated year-round as a top-luxury superyacht opened exclusively for group- and private charters.
Royalton Investment (parent company of Dreamliner Cruises) is a holding company that operates in Europe and Asia (predominantly in the Middle East), with assets in industries like Yachting/Cruising, Real Estate, Hospitality/Travel, Technology. The Valletta Malta-based holding currently owns the world's largest fleet of superyachts.
MS Berlin is one of the best small European cruise ships, able to accommodate up to 420 passengers. The only ship of FTI Cruises has a pair of dining venues: main dining room and Veranda Restaurant which boasts indoor and alfresco dining. The ship also has a Yacht Club Bar, spacious Sirocco Lounge and new Berlin Lounge found on the sun deck.
Berlin cruise ship pampers with amenities like spa area (massage treatments), an outdoor pool, gym, sauna, large library. The extensive shore touring program features several options to enjoy the exciting ports of call. Via the enrichment program of FTI Cruises, qualified lecturers provide destination-related insights. The main language aboard ms Berlin is German.
The Sun Deck is fitted with daybeds and deckchairs. They are available complimentary and without reservation. Pool towels are also provided free of charge. Guided tours to the ship's Navigation Bridge are generally allowed but at the Captain's discretion.
FTI Cruises MS Berlin deals
- Animals are not allowed on the ship.
- Smoking on the ship is allowed only on outside decks and in specially designated areas.
- Onboard entertainment is price-inclusive, and features lectures, live shows and scheduled daily events held in Sirocco Lounge. The evening program includes live music performances in the Yacht Club.
- Coffee and tea are complimentary and provided by vending machines. Other drinks are available for purchase in all onboard restaurants, bars and lounges.
- All passenger cabins are equipped with en-suite bathrooms (shower / WC / washbasin) and as amenities offer bathrobes, hairdryer, single (2 twins) or 1 double bed, phone, TV, DVD-player, minibar (extra charge), individual air-conditioning, lockable drawer, shoe horn, binoculars (in-cabin use only).
- Room service and in-cabin dining (breakfast service) are available at extra charge.
- The ship has no staterooms suitable for passengers with disabilities / wheelchair-accessible cabins. However, two Standard Exterior cabins on B-Deck (room numbers 409-410) have ground-level entrances and wide doors. Their bathrooms are not adapted to disabled passengers. Only 4 of all decks can be accessed via a small elevator.
- FTI Cruises don't allow travelling of infants younger than 3 months (at the time of embarkation). On all cruise itineraries with 3 or more consecutive sea days, kids must be aged at least 12 months (at embarkation time). The ship doesn't provide dedicated (or supervised) children program, as well as any child care services.
- A passenger who at embarkation time has entered up to the 21st week of pregnancy must produce a doctor’s letter that states she is fit to travel. Booking is refused to women beyond the 22nd week of pregnancy.
- Shipboard Internet access is subject to a charge (EUR 0,25 per minute).
- The ship has no specific/mandatory dress code. Recommended casual attire during the day includes comfortable shoes. jackets, jumpers. Not recommended are swimsuits (in restaurants, bars, lounges). On special occasions is suggested more formal attire. Passengers are advised to bring special clothing for tours/shore excursions and for the fitness centre.
- Onboard language is German, but all the staff and most of the crew speak English.
- The onboard currency is EUR. Accepted for payments are all major bank cards (VISA, MasterCard). Traveller checks are not accepted.
- Shipboard electricity is 110V - 230V AC.
- Embarkation / Disembarkation - passengers must be at port at least 3 hours prior to cruise ship's arrival/departure time. Passenger embarkation ends 1-hour prior departure.
- As leisure activities, the ship provides a small fitness area, sauna room, outdoor swimming pool. Onboard hairdresser and spa massage services can also be booked.
- The ship has a library well stocked with books and DVDs. They can be also borrowed for the voyage's duration.
- Onboard dining consists of breakfast, morning snacks (pizza, pasta, soup), lunch, afternoon snacks (coffee, tea, cake), dinner, midnight snacks. The ship's buffet restaurant “Verandah” is open seating, and open for Breakfast: (6-10 am), Lunch (12 noon - 2:30 pm) and Dinner (6-9 pm). The Main Dining Room restaurant has 2 settings for dinner - early sitting (6-6:30 pm) and late/main sitting (8-8:30 pm). For any particular diet, passengers must inform the company upon cruise booking.
- There is a doctor on the ship. All medical services are at fee (charged to passenger's onboard account.
- The onboard card is used for payments (beverages, excursions, gratuities, etc). All personal expenses are automatically charged to each onboard account, so carrying cash on board is not necessary.
- Each call port along the cruise itinerary offers a variety of tours/shore excursions available for booking on the ship (at FTI Cruises Tour Office in the Lobby on "A Deck" 3).
- At the end of the voyage, FTI Cruises recommends rewarding the services provided by the ship's staff and crew. However, tipping is not mandatory. The amount of gratuities is up to the passenger. As reasonable is deemed EUR 5 pp per night. The gratuity is distributed equally by the vessel’s management among all staff and crew members.
Not included in FTI Cruises deals are port transfers, car parking (at the terminal), tours/shore excursions, beverages, onboard personal expenses, gratuities, insurance fees.
FTI Cruises MS Berlin itineraries include the Red Sea and Mediterranean voyages with departures from homeports Venice Italy, Nice France and Safaga Egypt. Western Europe cruises leave from Lisbon Portugal, while Northern European itineraries are roundtrips from homeport Warnemunde-Rostock Germany.
- On December 22, 2016, the ship inaugurated its first 7-day Cuba cruise roundtrip from Havana. On Dec 27, the liner left Cuba on a 30-day Transatlantic repositioning crossing, carrying a total of 330 passengers.
- In November-December 2017 was the 30-days westbound Transatlantic cruise from Venice to Havana (itinerary November 21 - December 21). In the Caribbean, MS Berlin operated on 7-day roundtrips from Havana Cuba to Cayman islands and Jamaica (Montego Bay), alternating with voyages visiting Yucatan Mexico. Among the Caribbean ports of call was also Cienfuegos Cuba (best known for its Maria La Gorda beaches).
In 2018, FTI Berlin's itinerary program was based on European and Caribbean cruises. Caribbean voyages included roundtrip departures from Havana Cuba with call ports Maria La Gorda, Cienfuegos, Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Ocho Rios Jamaica, Santiago de Cuba. The 28-night Transatlantic repositioning cruise crossing (in March) was from Havana to Villefranche-sur-Mer (Nice, France). In Spring and Fall, the ship operated in Europe - on Mediterranean and Baltic cruises from Germany (also visiting ports in Norway and the British Isles).
FTI Cruises' third Cuban season with MS Berlin was scheduled for 2020 (January 4th through March 14th). The Havana-homeporting season had scheduled 11 week-long roundtrips with call ports Santiago de Cuba, Grand Cayman (George Town) and Jamaica (Montego Bay).
Dream Goddess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Dream GoddessAdd Photo
Dream Goddess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Dreamliner Cruises - brand and subsidiary owned by Royalton Investment Holding (UK), is taking over the MS Berlin cruise ship from FTI Cruises...September 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
FTI Group (Bavarian travel company) shut down its cruise branch "FTI Cruises". The company's only cruise ship (MS Berlin) now faces an uncertain...July 28, 2020
- show more news
Dream Goddess Wiki
The vessel was built under hull number 163 at Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (Kiel Germany). On September 4, 1979, was the vessel's keel laying ceremony. The launch / float-out was on January 12, 1980. The ship was delivered to Peter Deilmann Cruises on June 27, 1980, with flag-state Germany. In the period 1982-1985, under the name "Princess Masuhri" it was Singapore-flagged.
At the end of 1986, the vessel was reconstructed (at Nobiskrug Shipyard (Rendsburg Germany). During the drydock refit, the ship was extended (by inserting 16,8 m / 55 ft long pre-fabricated section) from 122,5 to 139,3 m (402 to 457 ft). Following the reconstruction, its passenger capacity was increased from 330 (150 cabins) to 420 (210 cabins).
In the period 1986-1998, the Berlin cruise ship was featured in ZDF's TV series "Das Traumschiff" ("The Dream Ship"). An interesting fact is that in 1986, MS Berlin was stretched/elongated by 17 m (56 ft). The vessel's LOA length was increased from 123 to 140 m (404 to 460 ft). The boat's max passenger capacity was also increased - from 300 to 420. In the period 1986-1998, on the cruise ship MS Berlin were shot 12 episodes of “Das Traumschiff” (The Dream Ship) aired by ZDF (Zweite Deutsche Fernsehen) - Meinz-based TV broadcaster.
In October 2015, Columbia Cruise Services (CCS) took over the vessel's management. Following the new contract, CCS is responsible for the liner's hotel staff. Since April 2013, CCS is also responsible for the ship's technical and crew management.
The vessel's last drydock refurbishment was done at 3 Maj Shipyard (Rijeka Croatia) in November 2017. The project included technical upgrades (including new WiFi network) and public rooms renovation (including restaurant, bar lounge, hallways).
Ship's Captain is Alberto Tarozzi.
Dream Goddess User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review