Isle of Inishmore ferry current position
Isle of Inishmore ferry current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 51.69998 N / -4.94991 W) cruising en route to PEMBROKE. The AIS position was reported 1 minute ago.Current Position
Specifications of Isle of Inishmore ferry
|Year built||1997 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Van Der Giessen de Noord (Krimpen aan den IJssel, Holland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Rosslare Europort-Pembroke Dock|
|Building cost||EUR 81 million|
|Owner||ICG (Irish Continental Group)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||34031 gt|
|Decks with cabins||1|
Isle of Inishmore ferry Review
Review of Isle of Inishmore ferry
MV Isle of Inishmore ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the company IRISH FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 2200 passengers, 856 cars (or 122 lorries). The vessel was launched in 1997 and currently operates on the Ireland-Wales ferry route Rosslare Europort-Pembroke Dock (crossing time 4 hours).
As cruise ferry, Isle of Inishmore has air-conditioned cabins with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers). Priority boarding is offered to all car drivers.
Isle of Inishmore staterooms are all located on deck 9 (Club Class on deck 11) and in the following categories:
- Double Bed Window Plus Cabin (Twin Outside with full-size double bed, 2 chairs, flat TV, tea-coffee making facilities, complimentary fruit basket)
- 2-berth Window Plus Cabin (Twin Outside with 2 lower beds / non-convertible to a queen, flat TV, tea-coffee making facilities, complimentary fruit basket)
- 2-berth Window Cabin (Twin Outside with 1 bed and 1 bunk)
- 2-berth Cabin (Twin Inside with 1 bed and 1 bunk, no windows)
- 4-berth Window Cabin (Quad Outside with 2 beds and 2 bunks)
- 4-berth Cabin (Quad Inside with 2 beds and 2 bunks, no windows)
- 2-berth Disabled Cabin (Wheelchair-accessible, midship location - close to the elevator, with wider entry door, 2 lower beds, adapted bathroom - wider door, raised toilet seat, grab bars, shower seat, adjustable shower head).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Isle of Inishmore ship offers:
- Boylan's Brasserie (deck 8) is the ship's buffet restaurant (self-service) with a wide selection of salads (create-your-own option), fruits, desserts (pies, cakes, ice-creams), main hot dishes, soups, burgers (prime beef and veggie), beverages, light bites (sandwiches, tortilla wrap), beverages (Coca-Cola drinks, mineral water, energy drinks, fresh smoothies, Costa Coffee drinks and sweets). The restaurant also has a kids' menu. All the food is freshly prepared using the finest local produce.
- Cafe Lafayette (deck 7) is the ship's Cafeteria (self-service snack bar/patisserie/ Costa Coffee bar). Snack options include croissants, panini sandwiches, French bloomer sandwich, 12-inch pizzas (extra toppings at EUR 1), homemade muffins and scones, fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit smoothies, sweet crepe station, American pancake station, Belgian waffle station, plenty of healthy and vegetarian food options.
- Java Republic (coffee and tea bar)
- Volta Picture Theater combines 2 Cinemas, each playing 4 different movies daily. Tickets can be purchased from Information Desk.
- Reserved Seating Lounge is a comfortable seating lounge (overlooking the ship's Atrium) with reclining Pullman seats (small tables in between).
- Dun Aengus Club Class Lounge (deck 11) is an exclusive panoramic lounge for Club-class passengers. It is furnished with 4-seat leather sofas and comfortable chairs with small round tables. The lounge is served with drinks and snacks by its own bar.
- Veranda (indoor panoramic lounge area on decks 7-8-9)
- Druids Delights (deck 7, cafeteria/sweets shop)
- Children's Play Area (deck 8) is a kids playroom (indoor soft-play area with games and toys).
- Cyber Zone (deck 8, Video Games Arcade / including driving simulators).
- The Travel Galleria (duty-free shop on deck 8) is a combined boutique-convenience store selling gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, leather goods, brand jewelry, sunglasses, photo-video equipment, electronics. Different shopping promotions are offered on each voyage. Among the brand stores presented onboard are Hugo Boss, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Cinque, Paco Rabanne, Estee Lauder.
- Freight Drivers Club Lounge (deck 8)
- Kiloran Motorist's Club (deck 7)
- Free Wi-Fi, Surfbox (deck 7, Internet Cafe)
- O'Lahertys Lounge & Bar (deck 7)
- Casino (slot machines gaming area on deck 7)
- Reception Desk (deck 7) with adjacent Bureau de Change (ATM/cashier services)
- Sun Deck (outdoor areas on decks 9 and 11)
- The Navigation Bridge and the adjacent officers quarters are on deck 10.
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Car passengers can bring as much luggage as their vehicle can handle. Foot passengers between Ireland and UK must check-in bulky items, but have no access to them during the voyage. Foot passengers traveling between Ireland and France are allowed to bring only carry-on luggage as check-in facilities are not available.
MV Isle of Inishmore passengers can upgrade to "Club Class" for EUR 16-18 pp. Club Class deals offer reserved seating and additional amenities. The list of extra perks includes priority car boarding, exclusive bar lounge, premium seating lounge, complimentary drinks and snacks, onboard shopping discounts (up to 25%), powerpoints.
The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
- On voyages between Ireland and the UK, pets are allowed to board the ship with car and foot passengers. Pets are not allowed on any of the passenger decks.
- Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicle or in the ship's kennels (free of charge, pre-booking is required). Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in either pet cage or other carrier. The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip.
- The ferry company participates in PETS (Pet Travel Scheme) system allowing pet animals to travel easily on ferries between European member countries without undergoing quarantine. In accordance with PETS requirements, on voyages between Ireland and France, pets must have all the needed documentation in order to be able to travel. Pets check-ins are at least 2 hours prior departure. Each animal is charged EUR 45 / 75 / 100 per voyage. On these voyages, pets are allowed to travel only in the ship's kennels (cat boxes) and not in vehicles. As each ferry has a limited number of kennels/boxes, pre-booking is required. Visit the pets during the voyage is allowed, but only at designated times and in the company of a crew member.
- Guide dogs travel freely, but proper documentation must be provided by the owner. Guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owners, with access to all passenger decks and all public spaces.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Irish Ferries (founded in 1992, headquartered in Dublin Ireland) is a division of ICG (Irish Continental Group) operating passenger and freight ferries on routes connecting Ireland with the UK and Europe. Irish Ferries' current fleet includes the ships Isle of Inishmore, Ulysses, Epsilon, WB Yeats, Westpac Express (fast catamaran ferry).
Isle of Inishmore ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Isle of Inishmore ferryAdd Photo
Other IRISH FERRIES cruise ships
Isle of Inishmore ferry Wiki
Isle of Inishmore was the second of two sister-ships (the first is Stena Jutlandica, STENA LINE) built by the Dutch shipyard Van der Giessen de Noord. When launched in October 1996, the ship was Europe's largest RoRo-Pax ship (car and passenger ferry).
The vessel was named after the largest of Aran Islands (Ireland). Inishmore from Irish translates as "big island". The ship entered service in March 1997. The ship is powered by four SULZER marine diesel engines (8-cylinder, model 8ZAL40S) with total power output 23 MW. The ferry also has a total of 600 m (1970 ft) of rail tracks (4 tracks) allowing it to load railway wagons on its main deck (accessible via the stern door).
Isle of Inishmore ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review