WB Yeats ferry current position
WB Yeats ferry current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 54.62084 N / -5.89228 W) cruising en route to BELFAST. The AIS position was reported 48 seconds ago.Current Position
Specifications of WB Yeats ferry
|Year built||2019 / Age: 2|
|Builder||FSG-Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (Flensburg, Germany)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Dublin-Holyhead-(Cherbourg)|
|Building cost||EUR 144 million (GBP 112 million)|
|Owner||ICG (Irish Continental Group)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||195 m / 640 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||51388 gt|
|Passengers||1750 - 1885|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Rikki Rothwell|
WB Yeats ferry Review
Review of WB Yeats ferry
MS WB Yeats ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the company IRISH FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1885 passengers and cargo capacity 1200 cars (or 300 cars plus 150 lorries / semi-trailer trucks). The vessel was inaugurated in 2019 and currently operates on the Ireland-Wales (workweek) and Ireland-France (weekend) ferry routes Dublin-Holyhead (crossing time 2 hours, during winter only) and Dublin-Cherbourg (crossing time 19 hours, during summer only, 4 cruises per week).
Decks and Cabins
As cruise ferry, WB Yeats has a total of 435 staterooms. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC-toilet, washbasin, shower). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers). Priority boarding is offered to all car drivers.
As standard amenities in all staterooms are offered 4 beds in all quad cabins (1x single sofabed + 3x Pullman beds/2 upper, 1 lower), 32-inch smart HDTV (40-inch in the Suites) with on-demand movies, free WiFI, mirrored writing desk with chair. Baby cots are available for pre-booking but cost extra and not all cabins are suitable for cots.
Cabin categories include:
- Premium Suite with Balcony (deck 8)
- Premium Suite with Slanted Windows (deck 8)
- Deluxe Suite with Windows (decks 8-9-10)
- Family Club Quad Outside Cabins (deck 9)
- Family Quad Outside Cabins (decks 8-9)
- 4-Bed Outside Cabins (decks 8-9)
- 4-Bed Inside Cabins (decks 8-9)
- 2-Bed Wheelchair-Accessible Cabin (deck 8)
WB Yeats staterooms come in the following categories:
- (new) "Premium Balcony" is IRISH FERRIES' first category of luxury suites with private, step-out balconies and dedicated butler service.
- Passengers in Club Cabins (premium category) have exclusive access to a dedicated Club Class Lounge (with its own dining options and waiter service).
- 3-star Twin Outside (4-berth Window Cabin with 2 lower beds / non-convertible to a queen, 2 pull-down bunk beds, mini-fridge)
- 2-star Twin Outside (4-berth Window Cabin with 2 lower beds / non-convertible to a queen, 2 pull-down bunk beds)
- Twin Inside (4-berth Interior Cabin with 2 lower beds / non-convertible to a queen, 2 pull-down bunk beds, no windows)
- 3-star Twin Outside (2-berth Window Cabin with 2 lower beds)
- 2-star Twin Outside (2-berth Window Cabin with 2 lower beds)
- Twin Inside (2-berth Interior Cabin with 2 lower beds, no windows)
2-berth Disabled Cabin ((wheelchair-accessible, midship location - close to the elevators on deck 8, with wider entry door (97 cm / 38 inches), 2 lower beds, adapted bathroom (wider door, raised toilet seat, grab bars, shower seat, adjustable showerhead).
The boat has 12 decks, of which 3 are with cabins.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
As facilities, the WB Yeats ship offers:
- (Deck 10) Boylan's Brasserie (self-service buffet restaurant) offers Breakfast Menu (served up to 11 am - cereals, yogurts, toasts, Children's Breakfast, Full House / bacon, egg, sausage, hash brown, baked beans, pudding, tomato, tea and coffee), beverages (coffees, teas, hot chocolate, Coca Cola drinks, milk, fresh juice, wine by the glass), snacks (9-inch pizzas, salmon plate, cheese plate, baguettes, croissants, muffins, biscuits, fresh bread rolls, fruit scones). Lunch and Dinner Menu includes fresh-made soup of the day, a meat dish (on select voyages), a chicken dish, kids dish, Chef's Special, Fish & Chips, home-made beef pie, fresh-made sandwiches, salads, desserts, seafood, made-to-order vegetarian dishes. All the food is freshly prepared using the finest local produce.
- The Wild Swans (Truck Driver Lounge and Restaurant) are exclusive (for freight drivers only) and both located forward on decks 10-11.
- (Deck 10) Lady Gregory Restaurant is a-la-carte-priced and offers fresh-made dishes prepared with locally sourced produce. The menu includes many Irish and French cuisine specialties.
- (Deck 11) The Maud Gonne Bar Lounge offers a wide selection of beverages and casual snacks.
- (Deck 10) Cafe Lafayette is the ship's Cafeteria (self-service snack bar/patisserie/Costa Coffee bar). Snack options include croissants, panini sandwiches, homemade muffins and scones, fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit smoothies, sweet crepes, pancakes, Belgian waffles, light refreshments. Quality barista-style coffee is served onboard.
- Java Republic (specialty coffee and tea bar)
- (Deck 11) Duty-Free Shopping Mall consists of luxury boutiques, brand fashion shops, a convenience store selling travel essentials, gifts, and souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products, designer watches, jewelry and sunglasses, toys, gadgets, and electronics.
- Free Wi-Fi (available shipwide)
- Reception Desk with adjacent Bureau de Change (ATM/cashier services)
- Seating Lounge (with windows) is fitted with leather reclining seats. The lounge is air-conditioned, with a large TV. Blankets and pillows are available free of charge.
- (Deck 10) The ship has two Cinemas (named "The Abbey" and "The Peacock"). Cinema tickets can be purchased at Reception Desk.
- (Deck 10) The Hazel Wood Quiet Lounge
- (Deck 10) Inishfree Club Class Lounge / Restaurant is available on the Dublin-Holyhead route only. The lounge features great sea views (from floor-ceiling windows) as well as complimentary drinks, snacks, newspapers, a-la-carte Breakfast and Lunch menus. The Inishfree Lounge also offers benefits like reserved Pullman seating, priority boarding, free WiFi, USB charging ports. Inishfree Lounge is exclusive for passengers booked in PREMIUM SUITES, DELUXE SUITES and FAMILY CLUB 4-BED cabins.
- (Deck 11) Crazy Jane's Games Room (passengers must 18 years of age or older)
- (Deck 10) Salley Gardens Kids Room is an indoor playground with fun activities supervised by dedicated staff.
- Pets facilities.
Promenade Deck (called Drumcliffe/Deck 11) is a passenger-accessible outdoor/open-air deck area for strolling, with smoking-allowed areas.
Car passengers can bring as much luggage as their vehicle can handle. Foot passengers between Ireland and UK must check-in bulky items, but have no access to them during the voyage. Foot passengers traveling between Ireland and France are allowed to bring only carry-on luggage as check-in facilities are not available.
Shipboard dining/drinks and food prices
The cruise ship's food is prepared from fresh local produce, continental grain breads, top-quality meats and seafood. Healthy and vegetarian options, as well as gluten-free items, are always available.
Inishfree Lounge menu
Inishfree Club Class Lounge menus are a-la-carte priced and include:
- BREAKFAST - Oatmeal Porridge (GBP 3), California Eggs (7), Savoury Breakfast Salad (10,50), Veggie Breakfast (11), Healthy Omelette (9), Eggs Florentine (9), Parisian Croissant (5), Black Pudding Bruschetta (5), Full Irish Breakfast (12,50), Classic Omelette (9), Eggs Benedict (9), American Style Pancakes (6,50)
- LUNCH/LIGHT BITES - Soup of the Day (GBP 5), Chicken Caesar Salad (9), Chicken Panzanella Salad (9), Caprese Salad (8), Grilled Vegetable Tabbouleh Salad (8)
- LUNCH/GOURMET SANDWICHES (GBP 7 per item) - Chargrilled Chicken Sourdough, Irish Beef Breton Baguette, Ultimate Toasted Panini, Classic Toasted Sandwich
- LUNCH/MAINS - Beer Battered Wright's of Howth Cod (GBP 11), Slow-roasted Beef and Guinness Pie (11), Chargrilled Indian Chicken Kebab (11), Thai Red Curry (10), 100% Grass-fed Beef Burger (10), Stone-Base Artisan Pizza (10,50)
- DESSERTS - Warm Apple Pie (GBP 5), Individual Raspberry Cheesecake (5,50), Warm Chocolate Fondant (6), Glenownfarm Ice Cream (3)
- KIDS MENU/BREAKFAST - Irish Breakfast (GBP 5), Hen's Eggs on Toast (5), Oatmeal Porridge (6,50), Fresh Fruit Salad (3)
- KIDS MENU/LIGHT BITES - Soup of the Day (GBP 4), Irish Ham and Dubliner Cheddar Cheese Toastie (5), Stone-Base Artisan Pizza (7,50)
- KIDS MENU/MAINS (GBP 6,50 per item) - Wright's of Howth Cod Battered Fingers, Kid's Beef Sliders, Mexican Quesadilla
- KIDS MENU/DESSERTS - Warm Apple Pie (GBP 4), Chocolate Sundae (3,50)
Cafe Lafayette menu
Cafe Lafayette's menu is a-la-carte priced and includes:
- BREAKFAST - Parisian Croissant (GBP 5), Exotic Fruit Pot (4), Granola Pot (4), Ham and Cheese Panini (6,50), Baked Muffin (2,50), Homemade Scone (2,50), Fresh-baked Pastry (3,50), Yogurts (2), Fresh Fruit Smoothies (2,50)
- SALADS - Superfood (GBP 8), Chicken Panzanella (9), Cous Cous Greek (8), Grilled Vegetable Tabbouleh (8)
- SANDWICHES - Artisan/Handicrafted (GBP 6,50), Gourmet Tortilla Wrap Salad (6), Deep Filled French Bloomer (5)
- SWEET CREPE Station - Classic Sugar and Lemon Juice (GBP 4), Strawberry Jam and Whipped Cream (4), Nutella and Hazelnut (5), Banana and Peanut Butter (5), Irish Honey and Mixed Berry Compote (5)
- PIZZA (GBP 10,50), add toppings (9 addons) at GBP 1.
- BEVERAGES (small/large)- Americano (GBP 2,85/3,60), Cappuccino-Latte (3,30/4,15), Flat White (3,60), Mocha (3,70/4,65), Espresso (2,40/2,90), Macchiato (2,50/3), Hot Chocolate (3,30/4,10), Syrup Shot (0,70), Teas (2,40/3), Specialty Tea (3,30)
Boylan's Brasserie menu
Boylan's menu includes many seafood items offered for lunch and dinner.
- Continental Breakfast (GBP 9/Irish cheeses, cold cuts, Irish oak-smoked salmon, fruit platter), Full Irish Breakfast (12,50), Breakfast Baguette (7,50), Street Food Burrito (9,50), Oatmeal Porridge (5), Bircher Muesli (5), Kelloggs Cereals (4), Healthy Breakfast (11,50), California Eggs (7)
- KIDS Breakfast - Irish (GBP 6), Hen's Eggs on Toast (5), Oatmeal Porridge (3)
- DESSERTS - American Style Pancakes (GBP 5), Brioche French Toast (5,50), Bananas Belgian Waffle (5), Fresh-baked Mini Pastries Basket (5,50)
- APPETISERS - Mozzarella Sticks (GBP 6), Louisiana Spicy Chicken Wings (6,50), Jalapeno Poppers (6,25), Macroom Mozarella Garlic Bread (5)
- MAINS - Slow-Roasted Beef and Guinness Pie (GBP 13,25), Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla (12), Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs (12,75), Classic Lasagna al Forno (13,50), Stone-Base 12-inch Artisan Pizza (12)
- SEAFOOD - Tempura Battered King Prawns (GBP 7), Panjko Crumbed Calamari (6,25), Beer-Battered Wright's of Howth Cod (13)
- LIGHT BITES - Create-Your-Own Salad (GBP 6,50), Irish Cheese Board (7), Fresh Fruits (5), Soup of the Day (5), Atlantic Seafood Chowder (5)
- KIDS MENU (GBP 7,95 per item) - Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs, Popcorn Chicken Meal, Bangers and Smiles (3x sausages, potato smiles, home-made gravy), Battered Wright's of Howth Cod Strips
- Boylan's Burger (GBP 12,95) - grass-fed Irish beef (7 oz patty), toasted brioche bun, chips. Variations include Old Reliable (Dubliner cheddar, bacon), The Cowboy (American cheese), The Veggie (Dubliner cheddar, mango), Piri-Piri Chicken (breast, blue cheese, roasted pepper-onions)
- WOK-FRIED (live cooked) FOOD is priced GBP 13,95 and includes your-choice meat (chicken, beef, pork, prawns, tofu), spices, veggies, sides (rice, noodles, chips).
Lady Gregory Restaurant menu
- Irish Breakfast - 2x eggs (scrambled-poached-fried), sausages, bacon, rashers, tomatoes, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, black pudding
- Vegetarian Breakfast (2x eggs/your choice, mushroom, tomatoes, avocado, spinach, baked beans, hash browns)
- Classic Omelette (cheese, ham or smoked salmon)
- Eggs Benedict (toasted English muffin with 2x poached eggs, bacon, hollandaise sauce)
- California Eggs (avocado, sourdough toast, 2x poached eggs, chili)
- Oat Porridge (served with honey, fresh berries, cinnamon)
- Kids Irish Breakfast (2x eggs/your choice, sausage, bacon rasher, hash browns, baked beans)
- Eggs on Toast (2x eggs/your choice)
- American Style Pancakes (maple syrup, fresh berries)
ADULT BREAKFAST costs GBP 19,95 and includes Continental breakfast, Main breakfast and Tea or Coffee.
KIDS BREAKFAST costs GBP 9,95 and is for children under 12 years of age.
The following menu serves dining packages priced at GBP 50 (2 Courses) and GBP 60 (3 Courses).
- CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST includes Fresh Juices (Orange, Apple, Cranberry), Coffees (Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte), Teas (Earl Grey, Camomile, Wild Berry, Gunpowder & Mango Organic Tea, Green Tea, Blood Orange), Milk (Full Fat, Semi Skim, Soy, Almond), Cereals, Toasted Granola, Yogurts, Butter, Sweets (Nutella, Marmalades, Jam, Honey), Breads-Rolls-Toasts, Fresh-baked pastries (Danish, Croissants, Muffins), Seasonal Fruits (sliced), Meat Platter (Ham, Turkey, Salami), Cheeses, Smoked Scottish Salmon.
- MAINS include Taste of the Sea (Seabass, Cod, Mussels, Fennel, Bouillabaisse Sauce), Black Angus Beef Fillet (Baby Spinach, Celeriac Cream, King Oyster Mushrooms), Herb Crusted Lamb Rack (Kale Compote, Roscoff Onion Confit, Gratin Potatoes), Silver Hill Barbary Duck Breast (Parsnip Puree, Heirloom Beetroot, Butternut Squash), Beetroot Cappelletti (Sweet Potato, Shiitake, Heritage Tomato, Sage, Candied Chickpeas).
- SIDES include French Fries, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato, Garden Vegetable Salad.
- SAUCES include Bearnais, Green Peppercorn, Vierge, Red Wine Jus.
- DESSERTS include Strawberry Forest, Apple Theme (Tartlet, Mousse, Crumble, Vanilla Ice Cream, Salted Butter Caramel Sauce), Dark Chocolate Mousse (Fresh Berries, Coconut, Passion Fruit), Glenown Farm Ice Creams and Sorbets, Irish Continental Cheese Board.
- BEVERAGES (Java Republic Teas, Davidoff Arabica Coffee) are served with Petit Fours and Macarons.
KIDS MENU is priced GBP 25 and includes Soup of the Day, Popcorn Chicken Dippers, Macaroni Cheese (3-cheese sauce, garlic bread), Crispy Battered Cod Goujons (French Fries, Garden Peas), Beef Burger (Brioche Bun, Angus Beef Pattie, Bacon, Tomato Ketchup, French Fries), Corn-Fed Chicken Supreme (roasted free-range chicken, Mash Potatoes, Roasting Jus), DESSERTS (2x Scoops of Glenown Ice Cream or Sorbet, Apple Tart, Caramel Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream).
Pets on the ship
The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
- On voyages between Ireland and the UK, pets are allowed to board the ship with car and foot passengers. Pets are not allowed on any of the passenger decks.
- Car passengers can leave their pets in their vehicle or in the ship's kennels (free of charge, pre-booking is required). Foot passengers must transport their pets to and from the ship in either pet cage or other carrier. The animals must remain in the carrier for the duration of the trip.
- The ferry company participates in PETS (Pet Travel Scheme) system allowing pet animals to travel easily on ferries between European member countries without undergoing quarantine. In accordance with PETS requirements, on voyages between Ireland and France, pets must have all the needed documentation in order to be able to travel. Pets check-ins are at least 2 hours prior departure. Each animal is charged EUR 45 / 75 / 100 per voyage. On these voyages, pets are allowed to travel only in the ship's kennels (cat boxes) and not in vehicles. As each ferry has a limited number of kennels/boxes, pre-booking is required. Visit the pets during the voyage is allowed, but only at designated times and in the company of a crew member.
Guide dogs travel freely, but proper documentation must be provided by the owner. Guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owners, with access to all passenger decks and all public spaces.
Car decks are separate from the truck parking areas. All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Irish Ferries (fleet, 1992-founded, headquartered in Dublin Ireland) is a division of ICG (Irish Continental Group) operating passenger and freight ferries on routes connecting Ireland with the UK and Europe.
WB Yeats ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of WB Yeats ferryAdd Photo
WB Yeats ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Dublin headquartered Irish Ferries started its 2021 drydocking on Tuesday, February 16. Having been released by WB Yeats ferry, Ulysses ferry left...February 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Kristiansand Norway-based company Siem Offshore AS acquired the cruiseferry HONFLEUR from the German shipbuilder FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau...July 29, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The newest cruiseferry plying the Irish waters - WB Yeats - received "Ferry of the Year 2019" award at Ferry Shipping Summit. The Irish...April 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Plans to launch 9 new passenger ferries on the UK and Ireland routes show the cruise industry is continuing to flourish. Brittany Ferries...January 7, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Irish Ferries' long-delayed, EUR 147 million WB Yeats cruiseferry, which was originally due to have been delivered in July 2018, and subsequently...December 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Around 19,000 Irish Ferries passengers had their sailings to France cancelled due to a delay in the delivery of a new cruiseferry, the company said...June 14, 2018
- show more news
Other IRISH FERRIES cruise ships
WB Yeats ferry Wiki
The vessel was named after William Butler Yeats (1865-1939) - the best-known Irish poet, in 1923 awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. The ship's name was chosen via online competition and suggested by Lee Maxwell (resident of Manorhamilton Ireland). The woman was awarded free ferry travel for life on all the company's ships. The online contest attracted almost 100,000 entries.
The vessel's construction (hull/yard number 771) officially started with the keel-laying ceremony on September 11, 2017, at FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft) in Flensburg Germany. On January 19, 2018, was held the launching ceremony (float out from drydock), during which the ship was officially named by godmother Rikki Rothwell. The vessel entered the water stern first. The ceremony was attended by John McGuckian (ICG-Irish Continental Group's Chairman), Eamonn Rothwell (ICG's CEO), David Ledwidge (ICG's CFO), Andrew Sheen (ICG's Managing Director), shipyard employees. The delivery was planned for May 2018.
The newbuild was scheduled for delivery to IRISH FERRIES on July 30, 2018 (entering service with inaugural crossing Dublin-Cherbourg). However, due to shipyard delays, the initially announced crossings were cancelled and the delivery rescheduled for September. Officially were announced "delays in the delivery of interior components for public areas and on the electrical system installation in the hull and deckhouse".
In 2019, EIB (European Investment Bank) provided EUR 155 million financing 2x new Ro-Pax ships for IRISH FERRIES. WB Yeats started service in 2019 (on January 22). The second vessel was cancelled.
- For the newbuild, the shipowner (parent company ICG-Irish Continental Group PLC) paid the contract price EUR 165,2 million.
- After WB Yeats, the German shipbuilder FSG started the construction of a second/larger cruiseferry with scheduled delivery in 2020. However, following FSG's financial troubles, in June 2020 ICG terminated the contract. As part of the original ICG-FSG contract, ICG paid a 20% deposit on the newbuild (EUR 33 million) with the remaining 80% due on its delivery. The deposit was protected by third-party guarantees and in June was returned to ICG.
- The new vessel was with passenger capacity 1800, cargo capacity 1526 cars (or 300 semi-trailer trucks) and planned for the Dublin-Holyhead route.
- WB Yeats' delayed delivery to IRISH FERRIES (planned for May 2018) affected ~20,000 customers. According to the company, ~80% of them rebooked alternative sailings with the company, the rest were rerouted (to other companies) or fully reimbursed (100% cash refund plus a free cruise voucher for 2019). The cancellations plus the technical issues with Ulysses (June 2018) contributed to a 25% drop in ICG's earnings per share in FY2018.
The WB Yeats ship is powered by four Caterpillar marine diesel engines (model MAK 8M43C) with total power output 33,6 MW. The propulsion system is based on two VPP (variable pitch propellers), each 5 m (16 ft) in diameter. The ship has two fin stabilizers (model SKF Type 2) with surface area 9 m2 (97 ft2) and weight 40 tons each. The boat's freshwater tanks have capacity 679 tonnes.
Cruising from mid-March through late-September, Irish Ferries offers 4 weekly crossings from Dublin to France (Cherbourg), with annual mileage nearly 144,000 mi (232,000 km), or the equivalent of circumnavigating the planet nearly 6 times.
WB Yeats ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review