MS Sergei Rachmaninov Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Sergei Rachmaninov
|Year built||1983 / Age : 36|
|Builder||VEB Elbewerften Boizenburg (Rosslau, Germany)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project 302)|
|Operator||Orthodox Cruise Company, Imperial River Cruises|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||129 m / 423 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5500 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Kompozitor Rakhmaninov, Sergey Diagelev|
Current position of MS Sergei Rachmaninov
Review of MS Sergei Rachmaninov
MS Sergei Rachmaninov cruise ship ("теплоход Сергей Рахманинов" круизный корабль) is a traditional Russian river passenger ship built for the USSR (Soviet Union) in GDR (Eastern Germany). The vessel is currently owned by the Russian shipping company Doninturflot (Донинтурфлот) and operated by "Orthodox Cruise Company" and "Imperial River Cruises". The boat was completely refurbished in 2014.
MS Rachmaninov features all outside cabins (with the exception of lower deck ones) with a promenade walkway outside and large picture windows that can be opened (except for the lower deck). Every stateroom has a private bathroom, individual air-conditioning (and heating control), wardrobe, phone, radio.
Outdoor, passengers benefit from the spacious open deck spaces furnished with chairs, loungers and tables. All the luxuries allow guests to admire the beauty of the changing river landscapes. The staff offers an efficient and friendly service to make vacation travellers feel as comfortable as at home.
Each cabin as standard amenities offers central air-conditioning (individually controlled heating and ventilation system), private en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, washbasin, hairdryer), flat TV, radio, refrigerator, wardrobe, safe (in the closet), vanity mirror, writing desk with chair, bedside table, bed lights, 220 V power sockets. Suites additionally have a coffee table, 2 armchairs, floor lamps. Ceiling height is 2,2 m.
MS Rachmaninov also offers a Reading Room, Conference Hall and a couple of onboard bars. In addition, there is a doctor's office, souvenir shop, laundry service and beauty salon, sauna. The two stylish dining rooms offer Continental and Russian cuisine, as well as specialities of the most popular surrounding regions. Traditional entertaining evening programs include dancing, live concerts, quizzes and lectures on local history conducted by experienced guides.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Sergei Rachmaninov wiki
Built as Novikov-Priboy, MS Rachmaninov is one of Russia's signature "Project 302" river cruise ships.
Dmitriy Furmanov-class Russian river ships
"Dmitriy Furmanov class" (aka "Project 302") are 4 series of Russian river cruise ships built in GDR (Eastern Germany) for USSR (Soviet Union) in the period 1983-1992. The vessel class name honours the Russian writer Dmitriy Andreyevich Furmanov (1891-1926) who also served as Bolshevik commissar (Red Army officer).
These Russian river cruise ships (a total of 27 units) were all produced by VEB Elbewerft Boizenburg and represent an upgraded (larger) version of Project 301 (Vladimir Ilyich-class) riverboats. These ships were used for passenger (cruise) shipping in Northwestern USSR - on the rivers Volga, Belomorkanal, Lake Onega, Volga–Don Canal, Kama and Amur rivers, as well as on Dnieper River (Ukraine), Black Sea (coastal cruising) and Yangtze River (in China). Following the USSR's collapse (1991), all these boats were acquired by private companies (Russian and foreign).
"Project 302" ship technology
"Project 302" ships have the following details:
- LOA length 129 m (423 ft)
- width 17 m (55 ft)
- DWT tonnage 3852 tons
- V-shaped hulls - differ by series as external elements, window shape (rectangular or rounded), wheelhouse headlights
- 5 decks (4 passengers)
- Originally, each boat had capacity 332 passengers and 98 crew, all-outside cabins (1-2-3-bed), 2 restaurants (180 seats plus 80 seats), Cafe Bar (79 seats, with dance floor), 2 bar lounges (common rooms), Cinema (102 seats), Music Hall with Bar (75 seats), Observation Lounge with Bar (75 seats), Sauna Room, Souvenir Shop, Hair Salon, Massage Salon, Library, Hospital (first-aid room), 360-degree Promenade Deck (with outdoor seating / 100 seats, sports area).
- Powerplant includes three marine diesel engines "Viertakt-Dieselmotor " (4-stroke, model 6ЧРН 36/45 / aka ЭГ70-5) each with a turbocharger.
- Propulsion consists of 3 bow thrusters.
- The powerplant consists of 3x diesel engines (4-stroke 6ЧРН 36/45, aka EГ70-5) with turbocharger and total power output 2,2 MW.
- Staterooms are single, double and quads (originally 1-2-3-bed cabins) with en-suite bathrooms.
- After reconstruction, to the ships were introduced larger cabins (including suites) and quads (with 2 upper bunks / wall-mounted Pullman beds).
- All these traditional Russian ships were modernized, completely refurbished and rebuilt for both domestic and foreign river cruise companies. During their multi-million dollar drydock refits, the vessel's passenger capacity was considerably reduced to improve travel comfort and safety.
Project 302 ships
From Project 302's first series are the boats
- Dmitriy Furmanov (1983, Дмитрий Фурманов)
- Akademik Viktor Glushkov (1983, now Igor Stravinsky / Игорь Стравинский)
- Novikov-Priboy (1983, now Sergei Rachmaninov)
- Aleksey Surkov (1984, now Viking Helgi)
- Konstantin Simonov (1984, Константин Симонов)
- Leonid Sobolev (1985, Леонид Соболев)
- Mikhail Sholokhov (1985, Михаил Шолохов)
From Project 302's second series are the boats
- Aleksey Vatchenko (1985, now Ivan Bunin)
- Yuriy Andropov (1986, Юрий Андропов)
- Zosima Shashkov (1986, Зосима Шашков)
- General Vatutin (1986, Генерал Ватутин)
- MS Russ (1987, Русь)
- MS Lenin (1987, Ленин)
- Sergey Kirov (1987, now Viking Truvor)
- Marshal Rybalko (1988, now Zirka Dnipra / Dnieper Princess)
- Marshal Koshevoy (1988, now Viking Akun)
- Georgy Chicherin (1988, Георгий Чичерин)
- Leonid Krasin (1989, Леонид Красин)
- Nikolay Bauman (1989, now Knyazhna Anastasia)
- General Lavrinenkov (1990, Генерал Лавриненков)
- Narkom Pakhomov (1990, now Viking Ingvar)
From Project 302's third series are the boats
- Gleb Krzhizhanovskiy (1990, Глеб Кржижановский)
- Maxim Litvinov (1991, Максим Литвинов)
From Project 302's fourth (last) series are the riverboats
- Taras Shevchenko (September 1991, now TG Shevchenko)
- Konstantin Stanyukovich (October 1991, now Princess Jeannie / Xian Ni) Regal China Cruises
- Arkadiy Gaydar (November 1991, now Princess Sheena / Xian Na) Regal China Cruises
- Aleksandr Grin (December 1991, now Princess Elaine / Xian Ting) Regal China Cruises
- Vladimir Vysotsky (planned, hull built in 1996, launched in 2003 as "Ocean Diva Original")
MS Sergei Rachmaninov - user reviews and comments
Other Orthodox Cruise Company cruise ships
MS Sergei Rachmaninov User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review