Tallink Isabelle ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Tallink Isabelle ferry
|Year built||1989 / Age : 30|
|Builder||Brodosplit Shipyard (Split, Croatia)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Riga–Stockholm|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||171 m / 561 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||35154 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella, Pearl Seaways, Crown Seaways|
|Former names||Viking Isabella|
Current position of Tallink Isabelle ferry
Review of Tallink Isabelle ferry
MS Tallink Isabelle ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Estonia-based company TALLINK-SILJA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2480 passengers and 364 cars plus 65 trucks/trailers. The vessel was launched in 1989 and currently operates on the Latvia-Sweden ferry route Riga-Stockholm (crossing time 17 hours).
As cruise ferry, Tallink Isabelle has double and quad cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) with a total of 2166 berths, all located on decks 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9. All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and are both inside and outside. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). Cabins for passengers with allergies and passengers traveling with pets are also available.
All cabins are with bunk beds (wall-mounted), en-suite bathrooms (angled sink, wall-mounted toilet, shower cubicle, hairdryer). Baby crib and potty (1 per cabin), as well as bedsides/rails (2 per cabin), are provided complimentary upon request. Room service can be ordered 4 days prior departure.
Cabin categories include:
- (Deck 9) Executive Suite / double cabin (size 34 m2) - slanted windows, separate bedroom (double bed / non-convertible to twins) and living room, sofa, armchairs, WC, shower, flat TV, phone, minibar, refrigerator, mirrored vanity table (writing desk with chair). Special breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks, fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Deck 9) Junior Suite / double cabin (size 16 m2) - slanted windows, double bed (non-convertible to twins), WC, shower, flat TV, phone, minibar, refrigerator, mirrored vanity table (writing desk with chair). Special breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks, fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Decks 5-6) Deluxe / double cabin (size 11 m2) - double bed (non-convertible to twins), WC, shower, flat TV, phone, refrigerator, mirrored vanity table (writing desk with armchair). Special breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks) are included in the fares.
- (Decks 5-6) A-Class Cabin (Quad Outside, size 8 m2) - bay window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV. Cabins for allergic and disabled passengers are also available.
- (Decks 5, 6, 7 and 9) B-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 8 m2) - no window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV. Cabins for allergic and disabled passengers are also available.
- (Decks 5, 6 and 9) B2-Class Cabin (Double Inside, size 7 m2) - no window, 1 sofabed, 1 upper bunk bed, WC, shower, flat TV.
- (Deck 2) C-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 8,4 m2) - no window, 2 lower bunk beds, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV. Cabins for allergic and disabled passengers are also available.
- (Deck 5) Handicap Cabins (for disabled passengers) are sized 14 m2, each fitted with 3 beds (1 lower fixed, 1 sofabed, 1 upper bunk), WC, shower, flat TV, wider doors (for wheelchair access), near-elevator location. Disabled cabins are available in categories A-Class Outside (2x) and B-Class (2x).
- (Deck 5) Allergy Cabins (capacity 2-4 persons) are in categories B-Class Inside (2x) and A-Class Outside (2x), each with WC, shower, flat TV.
- (Deck 5) Pet Cabins (for passengers with pets) have capacity 2-4 persons, WC, shower, flat TV. Pet cabins are available in categories A-Class (4x) and B-Class (5x), each with WC, shower, flat TV, linoleum flooring.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Tallink Isabelle ferry offers:
- (Deck 8) Grande Buffet (Self-Service Restaurant) offers Scandinavian and international dishes, soft drinks, tea, coffee, wine, and beer, which are all included in the buffet meals price. The buffet restaurant has several theme-food stations, including Grill, Cold Table (meats, seafood), Green Market (Salads), Warm Dishes, Desserts.
- (Deck 8) The Chef's Kitchen (A La Carte Restaurant) is a premium eatery with an open kitchen.
- (Deck 8) The Dining Room is the main a la carte restaurant which serves classics and Russian specialties.
- (Deck 8) The Pub offers various beverages, classic pub snacks, small stage (for live performances by guest musicians).
- (Deck 8) Tapas & Wine Bar offers an extensive selection of hot and cold tapas. Late night meals are also served here.
- (Deck 7) Sea Side Cafe (Cafeteria / Patisserie / Coffee Bar) offers cold and warm beverages, light snacks (including fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fruit smoothies, sweet crepes) and meals (made-to-order food and ready-made options). Coffee drinks are fresh-brewed (from freshly ground beans). The Cafe also has a takeaway desk.
- (Decks 8-9-10) Conference Center (opening hours 9 am - 9 pm) has different conference rooms with a combined capacity of 180 seats. All rooms are fitted with the latest technology presentation equipment. there is a separate lobby area. Conference facilities are closed during peak season (mid-June through mid-August) as the area is built into "Summer Center" (play area for kids-themed activities).
- (Deck 7) Children's Playroom is the ship's indoor playground area fitted with TV (for watching cartoons), Ball Pit Pool, craft tables. It is connected with the Sea Side Cafe. On each cruise, kids here meet the dog girl Lotte. Also here is the PlayStation Lounge (separate room for video games and arcade machines).
- (Deck 7) Supermarket / Tax Free Shop is a duty-free store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, Deli food, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard).
- (Deck 6) Hera Salongid (Beauty Salon) offers professional services by certified cosmeticians, hairdressers and masseuses (face and body treatments, hair styling and coloring, manicure, pedicure). Reservations are required 24 hours prior departure.
- (Deck 6) Sauna Department has 2 reserved saunas, unisex public saunas, swimming pool, whirlpool baths (for kids and adults).
- (Deck 7) Driver's Club is an exclusive bar lounge for truck drivers only.
- (Deck 7) Seating Lounge is fitted with flat TVs and airline type reclining seats (fully reclining Pullman seats).
- (Lobby Deck 7) Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception). A nurse can be also reached via the Reception. Small lockers are available for valuables.
- (Deck 8) The casino has gaming tables (roulette, poker) and slot machines.
- (Decks 9-10) Club Heaven / Disco Nightclub offers DJ hits, club music, party quizzes, large dance floor, grand stage (lower level) and a panoramic lounge with floor-ceiling windows (upper level).
- (Deck 11) Sky Bar offers local dance music and karaoke.
- (Deck 11) Sun Deck (outdoor deck area)
- (Deck 12) Navigation Bridge.
- Midship on the top deck (Heli Deck 12) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
TALLINK-SILJA LINE deals
- 2-day cruise deals ("Europa 22 hour") are offered only shuttle ferries with departures from Helsinki (embarkation 8 am) to Tallinn (disembarkation 12:10 pm on the next day).
- On all Tallink-Silja ships (excepting shuttle ferries) is available Room Service with a la carte priced special occasion gifts, sweets, and beverage menus. However, cabin services must be ordered 4 days prior departure.
- Onboard Conference Rooms are equipped with data projectors and white screens, and available for booking with group rates (extra charge pp). The room must be booked for at least 2 hours, and for a minimum of 10 persons. Catering (snack package or buffet meals, also refreshments) can be booked additionally.
- Smoking on the ship is prohibited in all cabins, restaurants, bars and lounges, corridors, elevators, stairwells. Smoking on the ship is allowed at designated areas and only on outdoor decks (look for "Smoking Area" signs).
- "Collect and Save" program is based on collecting stickers with onboard purchases (on all Tallink-Silja ships stores). The program allows purchasing of selected products at up to 57% discount prices. With every purchase (min value EUR 10), the passenger receives 1 sticker (to be glued inside a campaign folder). By the "Collect and Save" campaign, passengers can buy different products after collected 10, 20 or 30 stickers. These products are handed out and paid at the Info Stand or at the ship's shops. The "Collect and Save" offers are limited to a time period, or until select products are out of stock.
- "Club One" is the company's loyalty program rewarding passengers traveling frequently with Tallink-Silja ferries. By the program are accrued bonus points - based on ferry tickets and onboard purchases), but also on Tallink Hotels rooms booked via Tallink-Silja. The program has 3 levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) determined by the bonus points. Bonus points can be used for booking voyages, getting onboard shopping and dining discounts, Tallink Hotels (Tallinn and Riga) 10% discount plus benefits, Tallink Takso (Tallinn) 5% discount, Europark (Helsinki) 15% car parking discount.
Garage Decks are numbers 3, 4 and 5. On Deck 1 are the Engine Room (extending to Deck 2) and other technical rooms. On Deck 2 are the ferry's technical rooms, C-class Inside passenger cabins, crew cabins and facilities (dining/bar lounge, mess hall), the Brig (ship jail). Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic mobile platform, which (when lowered) divides it horizontally and doubles its passenger car capacity.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Tallink (headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia) is an Estonian shipping company that operates Baltic Sea cruise ferries and RoPax vessels with direct services connecting Estonia with Finland and Sweden. and Sweden with Finland and Latvia. Tallink-Silja current fleet includes the ships Baltic Princess, Baltic Queen, Silja Europa, Silja Galaxy, Silja Serenade, Silja Symphony, Tallink Isabelle, Tallink Megastar, Tallink MySTAR (2022), Tallink Romantika, Tallink Star, Tallink Victoria.
Tallink Isabelle ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Tallink Isabelle ferryAdd Photo
Other TALLINK-SILJA cruise ships
Tallink Isabelle ferry Wiki
The shipbuilding contract for Tallink Isabelle (as MS Isabella) was signed on February 4, 1986. The vessel's construction started on September 15, 1987 (keel-laying Brodosplit shipyard in Split Croatia). The ship was launched on August 13, 1988, christened on June 5, 1989, delivered to SF LINE (now VIKING LINE) on June 15, and entered service on July 4.
The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model PIELSTICK 12PC2-6V, combined output 23,8 MW). The propulsion system includes 2x shafts with controllable-pitch propellers. Ship's hull is ice-strengthened (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in icy waters without icebreaking vessel assistance. Sisterships are Crown Seaways, Pearl Seaways, Viking Amorella, Viking Gabriella.
In the period 1989-1992, the ferry served the Finland-Sweden route Naantali-Stockholm (during summer) and operated 24-hour (2-day) mini-cruises roundtrip from Helsinki Finland during the rest of the year. In 1992, it was deployed on roundtrip Helsinki cruises the whole-year round. In 1994-1997 was operated the Helsinki-Stockholm service.
During the drydock refit in 1992 at Naantali shipyard, to the vessel was added a new sky bar (deck 11), new passenger cabins (decks 2 and deck 5). During the September 2007 major drydock refit and refurbishment (Naantali), the onboard tax-free store, pub and disco nightclub were completely rebuilt, and 2 new restaurants replaced the old. All passenger cabins were also fully refurbished. The refit resulted in increased GT tonnage (34,386 to 35,154 tons) and decreased passenger capacity (200 to 2166) and cargo capacity (970 to 850 lane meters, and 410 to 364 cars).
In 2012-2013, the vessel was put on sale. It was sold to TALLINK on April 5, 2013, entering service on May 6 on the Latvia-Sweden route Riga-Stockholm.
During drydock refurbishment, 2019 (at Klaipeda Shipyard, Lithuania) were done complete renovations of all cafes, bars, and restaurants (including new furniture and carpeting). Renovations also received the kids' playground, shopping areas, corridors-stairways-hallways (new carpeting), Business Lounge (carpets, TVs), all Public Restrooms. Along with general maintenance works, the ship's propulsion system was upgraded. To the propellers were added EnergoProFin - Wartsila-made propeller cap with fins rotating together with the propeller. The unit serves as an additional screw and reduces energy loss and underwater noise-vibrations. The cruise ship was also fitted with a latest-generation navigation system. By Tallink Grupp's Ship Renewal Programme are regularly refurbished all vessels in the fleet. Program's budget for the period 2013-2018 was nearly EUR 80 million.
Tallink Isabelle ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review