Viking Cruises (Russian River Cruises)
Viking Sineus Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Sineus
|Year built||1979 / Age : 40|
|Builder||RSW Rosslauer Schiffswerft GmbH (Dessau-Rosslau, Germany)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project 301)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Kiev-Odessa|
|Owner||North-Western Shipping Company (UCL Holding, Russia)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises Russia|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||125 m / 410 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5400 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||MS Mikhail Lomonosov, MS Viking Lomonosov|
Review of Viking Sineus
The Viking Sineus ship cruises on Dnieper River in Ukraine and Black Sea departing from Kiev and Odessa. This Viking cruise ship is named after Sineus - a Viking prince/chieftain from the Varangian Rus tribe. Brother to Truvor and Rurik, Sineus settled himself on the southern shores of White Lake ("Lake Beloye") establishing the town of Belozersk (aka Beloozero). The Truvor and Sineus territories were later consolidated by Rurik, who established his own dynasty in Kiev to rule over the Kievan Rus empire.
Viking Sineus accommodations meet all European comfort standards and provide hotel-style beds, 26-inch flat TVs, in-room refrigerators. The beautiful public areas and restaurant facilities help make Viking Sineus the finest river cruise ship in Ukraine.
Take an unforgettable journey and choose the fully refurbished Sineus. This ship carries up to 202 guests in 98 spacious staterooms - 2 Junior Suites, 4 Suites, 32 Deluxe, 60 Veranda. Enjoy the sun deck with its shaded sitting area and 360-degree views and benefit from the restaurant, observation lounge, two bars with panoramic views, library and onboard boutique. There is free internet in every stateroom and a doctor, 24h available.
Cabin grades are 6. Total number of cabins is 98, of which 6 Suite, 60 Balcony and 32 with a non-opening window). Next are listed the ship's staterooms as types (categories), numbers and deck location:
- Suites - JR (x2, deck3), AA (x4, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms - AX (x36, deck3), BX (x24, deck2)
- Deluxe RiverView Staterooms - CX (x4, deck1), DX (x20, deck1), EX (x8, deck1)
- Staterooms offer as standard amenities hotel-style beds (double or twins / sized 2 x 1,6 m or 2 x 0,8 m), 26-inch flat TV (satellite reception, infotainment system), wardrobe, safe (in the closet), mini-refrigerator, direct-dial phone, radio, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, wash basin, hairdryer, towels, robes, slippers, bath products), mirrored vanity (writing desk with chair), bedside table, bed lights, 220 V power sockets, central air-conditioning (individually / thermostat-controlled heating and ventilation system), premium bedding, modern LED lighting. Ceiling height is 2,2 m.
Main Dining Room is named Neva Restaurant. The ship has the following facilities:
- Odessa Restaurant (casual)
- Panorama Lounge and Bar (observation)
- Atrium lobby (Reception)
- Bar and Library (2 Internet stations)
- Boutique Shop (Russian gifts and souvenirs)
- walk-around Promenade Deck
- Sun Deck (Wheelhouse, Sky Bar, shaded seating area)
- 1 elevator
- Medical Room (Infirmary / Doctor's Office)
Viking River Cruises Russia deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), laundry, all land tours/excursions, ground transfers, live onboard entertainment and lectures, traditional Russian food and vodka tastings, 24-hour tea/coffee, replenished daily bottled water. To and from the boat (land) transfers and airport meet-and-greet services are included in cruisetour fares only when airfares are purchased through Viking Cruises.
Viking Sineus river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Ukraine cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Sineus' Dnieper cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Sineus cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "FOOTSTEPS OF THE COSSACKS" are 11-days Ukraine/Dnieper river cruises from Kiev to Odessa, and the reverse from Odessa to Kiev. "Cruising Only" deals are 8 days in length. This itinerary route until recently was operated by the "Viking Lomonosov" ship. The "COSSACKS" itinerary is not yet officially announced by the Viking cruise line. Still, it is part of the old "Lomonosov" new "Sineus" ship's schedule calendar. The list of visited ports includes Zaporozhye and Kherson (on river Dnieper), and also Sevastopol and Yalta (Black Sea ports). Feature port activities are: Kiev (capital city), Zaporozhye (Cossacks, the Khortitsa Island), Kherson (St Catherine Cathedral), Sevastopol (St Vladimir Cathedral, Admiral Nakhimov Square, Bakhchisarai/Khan Palace tour), Yalta (on the Crimea peninsular- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, White Palace/WW2), Odessa (Aloupka Palace tour, botanical gardens).
- "BUCHAREST, ISTANBUL, BLACK SEA" are 12-days cruises from Bucharest to Istanbul, and the reverse from Istanbul to Bucharest. These Viking deals are inclusive 8 complimentary land tours/excursions and 4 countries to visit, plus Romania Danube Delta cruise (Nature-themed small boat cruise on Danube for bird watching).
- Viking Black Sea cruises deals are also inclusive of luxury hotel packages (1-night in Bucharest and 2-night in Istanbul), flight transfers Turkey-Bulgaria (Istanbul to Burgas /boarding), bus transfers between Tulcea (disembarkation/embarkation) and Bucharest. Optional hotel package deals are 2-night Istanbul (departures from Romania/Bucharest) and 3-night Bucharest (departures from Turkey/Istanbul).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there. For other Russia-based ships you can visit our dedicated to Russian River Cruises hub.
Viking Sineus wiki
Built as "Mikhail Lomonosov", MS Viking Sineus is one of Russia's signature "Project 301" river cruise ships.
Vladimir Ilyich-class Russian river ships
"Vladimir Ilyich class" (aka "Project 301") are 3 series of Russian river cruise ships built in GDR (Germany) for USSR (Soviet Union) in the period 1974-1983. The vessel class name honors Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (1870-1924) who is considered the founder of USSR (Soviet Union).
These Russian river cruise ships (a total of 22 units) were all produced by VEB Elbewerft Boizenburg as one of the industry's most successful riverboat designs. These ships were used for passenger (cruise) shipping in Northwestern USSR - in the rivers Volga, Belomorkanal, Lake Onega, Volga–Don Canal, Kama and Amur riversas well as on Dnieper River (Ukraine ) and in Black Sea. Following the USSR's collapse (1991), all these boats were acquired by private companies (Russian and foreign).
"Project 301" ship technology
All "Project 301" ships have the following details:
- LOA length 125 m (410 ft),
- width 17 m (55 ft)
- DWT tonnage 3063 tons
- V-shaped hulls - differ by series as external elements, window shape (rectangular or rounded), wheelhouse headlights
- 5 decks
- Each boat has capacity 240 passengers and 110 crew, 102 cabins (all outside), 2 restaurants, 2 bar lounges, Sauna Room, Souvenir Shop, Lobby (Reception Desk with safe), 360-degree Promenade Deck (with outdoor seating).
- Powerplant includes three marine diesel engines "Viertakt-Dieselmotor " (4-stroke, model 6ЧРН 36/45 / aka ЭГ70-5) each with turbocharger.
- The 3rd (last) series motorships are with stronger propulsion (bow thrusters).
- Staterooms are single and double (originally 1-2-3-bed cabins), all fitted with en-suite bathrooms.
- After reconstruction, to the ships were introduced larger cabins (including suites).
- Depending on series, boats differ in terms of size and equipment (different diesel engine designs). Many of these Russian ships were completely refurbished and rebuilt for foreign river cruise companies (like Viking, AMAwaterways, Grand Circle). During their multi-million dolar drydock refits, vessel's passenger capacity was considerably reduced to improve travel comfort and safety.
Project 301 ships
From Project 301's first series are the boats
- Vladimir Ilyich (1975, now Sankt Peterburg / Санкт-Петербург)
- Mariya Ulyanova (1975, now Viking Rurik)
- Yevgeniy Vuchetich (1976, now Dnieper Princess)
- Sovetskaya Ukraina (1976, now Konstantin Korotkov)
- Tikhiy Don (1977, Тихий Дон)
- XXV Syezd KPSS (1977, now Petr Chaykovskiy)
From Project 301's second series are the boats
- Sovetskaya Rossiya (1977, now Nizhny Novgorod / Нижний Новгород)
- 60 let Oktyabrya (1978, scrapped as Avicena)
- Rossiya (1978, Россия)
- Vladimir Mayakovskiy (1978, Владимир Маяковский)
- Lenin (1979, now Mikhail Bulgakov / Михаил Булгаков)
- Aleksandr Ulyanov (1979, now Kronstadt / Кронштадт)
- Mikhail Lomonosov (1979, now Viking Sineus
- Konstantin Fedin (1980, Константин Федин)
- 30 let GDR (1980, scrapped as Ferris Flotel)
- Vissarion Belinskiy (1980, Виссарион Белинский)
From Project 301's third (last) series are the riverboats
- Sovetskaya Konstitutsiya (1981, now Nikolay Karamzin / Николай Карамзин)
- Nikolay Chernyshevsky (1981, Николай Чернышевский)
- Nikolay Dobrolyubov (1981, now Andrey Rublev / Андрей Рублев)
- Aleksandr Radishchev (1982, Александр Радищев)
- Aleksandr Griboyedov (1982, now Knyazhna Viktoria / Княжна Виктория)
- Fedor Dostoevskiy (1983, Федор Достоевский)
Viking Sineus - user reviews and comments
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Sineus Itineraries
The below listed Viking Sineus cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Russian River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 May 17||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev|
|2019 May 27||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3395|
|2019 Jun 06||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$3395|
|2019 Jun 16||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3695|
|2019 Jun 26||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$3395|
|2019 Jul 06||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3395|
|2019 Jul 16||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$3395|
|2019 Jul 26||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3395|
|2019 Aug 05||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$4545|
|2019 Aug 15||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3695|
|2019 Aug 25||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$4545|
|2019 Sep 04||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3695|
|2019 Sep 14||10 days, one-way from Kiev to Odessa||Kiev||$4545|
|2019 Sep 24||10 days, one-way from Odessa to Kiev||Odessa||$3695|
|2020 May 10||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$2895|
|2020 May 19||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$2995|
|2020 May 28||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$2995|
|2020 Jun 06||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$3095|
|2020 Jun 15||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$3095|
|2020 Jun 24||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$3095|
|2020 Jul 03||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$3095|
|2020 Jul 12||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$3095|
|2020 Jul 21||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$3095|
|2020 Jul 30||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$3095|
|2020 Aug 08||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$2995|
|2020 Aug 17||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$2995|
|2020 Aug 26||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$2995|
|2020 Sep 04||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$2995|
|2020 Sep 13||9 days, one-way from Kiev to Bucharest||Kiev||$2995|
|2020 Sep 22||9 days, one-way from Bucharest to Kiev||Bucharest||$2995|