Nassau cruise port is the capital of the Bahamas. It is its largest city and commercial center. It is located east of Florida in the Atlantic Ocean. Nassau cruise port is on the New Providence Island along the Paradise Island. The population of the city is more than 210 thousand people.
Nassau cruise port is the largest one in the Bahamas with nearly 3 million cruisers per year. The Bahamas in the third richest Americas’ country (GDP measured), the mainstay is the tourism.
Highlights: Shops, Marine Park, Paradise Island
Nassau cruise terminal
Nassau cruise port terminal serves major cruise lines as their port of call. The ships that dock at the terminal are operated by Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Discovery and Celebration.
Nassau cruise port terminal is located at the Prince George Wharf. It is located on the north coast of the island. It is a busy and very popular port that is capable of accommodating up to 7 vessels simultaneously.
Downtown Nassau is in adjacent, just within 10 minutes walking distance. The main shopping street, Bay Street, is a block from Nassau cruise port terminal. To reach it, you have to pass the Festival Place Welcome Center. The building offers a lot of services for the tourists like information and helpful brochures. There a lot of possibilities for shore excursions, offered by the cruise companies or organized by your own.
The currency is Bahamian dollars but you can use US one too. The local language at Nassau cruise port is English. The city is a great mixture of a modern resort and British colonialism heritage. It offers interesting sights and amazing tropical beaches.
Nassau tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Festival Place: only a minute walk from Nassau cruise port terminal. You can buy ”truly authentic” Bahamian goods.
- Educulture Museum: 10 minutes away from the terminal by taxi (it will cost you around six dollars). It is dedicated to the Junkanoo parade (Mardi Gras resembling). There is an admission, address: 31 West St.
- Fort Fincastle: 5 minutes away from Nassau cruise port terminal by taxi (estimated cost is four dollars). The fort dates from the 18th century. It is tiny, hilltop located and served for pirate invasions watch. There is an admission.
- Potter’s Cay: 8 minutes from the terminal by taxi (around five dollars), under the Paradise Island Bridge you have to try the seafood shacks.
- Crazy Johnny’s: 8 minutes from Nassau cruise port terminal by taxi. It is a popular old rock and roll night club with karaoke and live performances of local bands. A beer will cost you five dollars.
- Doongalik Studios Art Gallery: 10 minutes from the terminal by taxi. Great exhibitions housed in a gorgeous old residence located in a beautiful garden.
- Sandy Toes: you will have to take a taxi (eight minutes) to reach the ferry terminal and then you will need forty more minutes by a boat. The private Rose Island’s beach offers possibilities for snorkeling and kayaking.
Hotels near Nassau cruise port terminal
- Graycliff Hotel
- Melia Nassau Beach
- Orchard Garden Hotel
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina
- Red Carpet Inn Nassau Bahamas
- Grand Central Hotel
- Wyndham Nassau Resort
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau
- Harborside Atlantis
- Beach Tower Atlantis
- Best Western Plus Bay View Suites
- El Greco Beach Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island
- One&Only Ocean Club
- The Cove Atlantis
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Coral Towers Atlantis
- Towne Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis
The Nassau cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas.
If you lose the Nassau location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Nassau cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 March, 2017
5 March, 2017
9 March, 2017
11 March, 2017
12 March, 2017
13 March, 2017
14 March, 2017
15 March, 2017
16 March, 2017
17 March, 2017
18 March, 2017
19 March, 2017
20 March, 2017
21 March, 2017
22 March, 2017
23 March, 2017
24 March, 2017
25 March, 2017
26 March, 2017
27 March, 2017
28 March, 2017
29 March, 2017
30 March, 2017
31 March, 2017
Imagine saving up money for a themed cruise of a lifetime, just to spend it on a nightmare. According to cruisers, this is exactly what...November 9, 2016
Damage from Hurricane Matthew delayed the opening of Great Stirrup Cay, the private island of Norwegian Cruise Line in the Bahamas, until November 20...October 26, 2016
While most cruise lines got back to their normal itineraries after Matthew, the hurricane affected some cruise ports in the Bahamas, most...October 12, 2016
MSC Cruises announced it is pushing back - from December 2017 to October 2018 - the opening for Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in the Bahamas. ...September 15, 2016
The Coast Guard is searching for a 32-year-old cruise passenger who reportedly fell overboard from Carnival Ecstasy near the Bahamas. Around 2...September 8, 2016
As the height of hurricane season is close by, Hurricane Gaston prompted changes to at least one itinerary. Royal Caribbean's current 4-night Empress...August 29, 2016
As part of its investment program Norwegian Edge, NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) will close Great Stirrup Cay (its private island) for refurbishment...August 24, 2016
Wynwood Brewing Company announced its first-ever voyage. The Wynwood Brewing Company Cruise sets sail May 6, 2017 out of Port Miami for a 7...August 13, 2016
Global fitness company Zumba announced it is teaming with Royal Caribbean in order to hold a 2nd official Zumba Cruise early 2017. The 5-day Zumba...August 7, 2016
Only a month after returning to the fleet of Royal Caribbean after several years with sister cruise line Pullmantur and US$50 million refurbishment...June 28, 2016
- show more news