Nassau cruise port is the capital of the Bahamas. It is its largest city and commercial center. It is located east of Florida in the Atlantic Ocean. Nassau cruise port is on the New Providence Island along the Paradise Island. The population of the city is more than 210 thousand people.
Nassau cruise port is the largest one in the Bahamas with nearly 3 million cruisers per year. The Bahamas in the third richest Americas’ country (GDP measured), the mainstay is the tourism.
Nassau cruise terminal
Nassau cruise port terminal serves major cruise lines as their port of call. The ships that dock at the terminal are operated by Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Discovery and Celebration.
Nassau cruise port terminal is located at the Prince George Wharf. It is located on the north coast of the island. It is a busy and very popular port that is capable of accommodating up to 7 vessels simultaneously. The downtown Nassau is in adjacent, just within 10 minutes walking distance. The main shopping street, Bay Street, is a block from Nassau cruise port terminal. To reach it, you have to pass the Festival Place Welcome Center. The building offers a lot of services for the tourists like information and helpful brochures. There a lot of possibilities for shore excursions, offered by the cruise companies or organized by your own.
The currency is Bahamian dollars but you can use US one too. The local language at Nassau cruise port is English. The city is a great mixture of a modern resort and British colonialism heritage. It offers interesting sights and amazing tropical beaches.
Nassau tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Festival Place: only a minute walk from Nassau cruise port terminal. You can buy ”truly authentic” Bahamian goods.
- Educulture Museum: 10 minutes away from the terminal by taxi (it will cost you around six dollars). It is dedicated to the Junkanoo parade (Mardi Gras resembling). There is an admission, address: 31 West St.
- Fort Fincastle: 5 minutes away from Nassau cruise port terminal by taxi (estimated cost is four dollars). The fort dates from the 18th century. It is tiny, hilltop located and served for pirate invasions watch. There is an admission.
- Potter’s Cay: 8 minutes from the terminal by taxi (around five dollars), under the Paradise Island Bridge you have to try the seafood shacks.
- Crazy Johnny’s: 8 minutes from Nassau cruise port terminal by taxi. It is a popular old rock and roll night club with karaoke and live performances of local bands. A beer will cost you five dollars.
- Doongalik Studios Art Gallery: 10 minutes from the terminal by taxi. Great exhibitions housed in a gorgeous old residence located in a beautiful garden.
- Sandy Toes: you will have to take a taxi (eight minutes) to reach the ferry terminal and then you will need forty more minutes by a boat. The private Rose Island’s beach offers possibilities for snorkeling and kayaking.
Hotels near Nassau cruise port terminal
- Graycliff Hotel
- Melia Nassau Beach
- Orchard Garden Hotel
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina
- Red Carpet Inn Nassau Bahamas
- Grand Central Hotel
- Wyndham Nassau Resort
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau
- Harborside Atlantis
- Beach Tower Atlantis
- Best Western Plus Bay View Suites
- El Greco Beach Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island
- One&Only Ocean Club
- The Cove Atlantis
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Coral Towers Atlantis
- Towne Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis
The Nassau cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas.
If you lose the Nassau location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Nassau cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 October, 2016
2 October, 2016
4 October, 2016
5 October, 2016
6 October, 2016
7 October, 2016
8 October, 2016
9 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
13 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
15 October, 2016
16 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
19 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
21 October, 2016
22 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
26 October, 2016
27 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
30 October, 2016
31 October, 2016