Victoria cruise port is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island in the Canadian province British Columbia. The city is the capital of the province. It is the most popular port of call in the "Alaskan Canada".
- Besides Victoria BC, Alaskan cruise ships to Vancouver Island may also stop at Port Hardy - on the island's northeastern coast.
- Port Hardy (population around 4,000) has a natural resources-based economy as being the gateway to Vancouver Island's best places for a travel vacation - Cape Scott Provincial Park, BC Marine Trail and North Coast Trail. All are located on the isalnd's northernmost tip. The town provides access to popular wilderness vacation experiences and activities, such as kayaking, rafting, caving, scuba diving, surfing, nature camping.
- Ferries from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert (on Kaien Island) depart every day during the summer's peak season.
- Victoria BC is located approx 100 km (60 ml) from Vancouver BC (on mainland Canada), approx 100 km (62 ml) from Seattle WA and approx 40 km (25 ml) from Port Angeles WA (by ferry across Juan de Fuca Strait). The city is accessible by airplane (year-round), cruise ships (seasonally) and ferries - including the Victoria Clipper ferry (operating daily between Victoria BC and Seattle WA the whole year-round).
Victoria cruise port is in the ship schedule of major lines including Holland America Line, Crystal Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Disney Cruise Line, Princess Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruise Line, P&O Cruises, Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises. The ships usually call the port on their way to Alaska.
Victoria cruise terminal
Victoria cruise port terminal is at Ogden Point. The distance to the city center is only 1.49 miles (2.4 km). The Victoria International Airport is 18 miles (29 km) from the terminal of Victoria cruise port.
There are two piers – Pier A and Pier B. Each pier has two deep sea berths with excellent approach, mooring and decks.
Victoria cruise port terminal is owned by Greater Victoria Harbour Authority. They expect more than 210 calls for season 2014 with over 454 thousand passengers.
The facilities of the building are modern. They include paved parking, areas for cargo storage, passenger transport, passenger gangways, garbage disposal, baggage handling, fresh water and telephones. At the dockside of Victoria cruise port terminal there are exchange bureaus and gift shops. Each pier has Customs and Immigration areas.
Available are taxis and shuttle services.
Near Victoria cruise port terminal is the Esquimalt Graving Dock. It is a ship repair facility capable of accommodating Panamax size vessel. It is among the largest North America west coast facilities.
Victoria tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Inner Harbour: the central harbor area. It is major attraction in the city. The area is surrounded by beautiful historical buildings – the Empress Hotel and the Legislative Buildings. There are many small streets leading from the Inner Harbour, where you can buy Canadian art and souvenirs.
- Royal British Columbia Museum: it is the area of the Inner Harbour. You can explore the history of the people in British Columbia, their live and heritage. The gallery displays also temporary exhibitions.
- National Geographic IMAX Theatre: centrally located, has 400 seats.
- Butchart Gardens: Canadian National Historic Site located in Greater Victoria.
- Pacific Undersea Gardens: located in the Inner Harbour area. The Undersea Theater shows Live Dive Show where you can see the sea bottom.
- Carriage Tours: Tally-Ho Carriage Tours – Horse Drawn Carriage Tours offer the most relaxing way to see Victoria in unique way. They operate since 1903 and offer guided tours of the city.
- Downtown Victoria Ambassadors: dedicated volunteers that will help you anytime, anywhere in the city. The team serves the tourists for 15 years.
- Craigdarroch Castle: inside you will find stunning collections of woodwork, stained glass and furnishings from the Victorian era. If you want to take an amazing view of Victoria, climb the 80 stairs to reach the castle’s tower.
The Victoria cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada.
If you lose the Victoria location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Victoria cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
10 April, 2017
25 April, 2017
27 April, 2017
28 April, 2017
29 April, 2017
Bermuda’s first 2 cruise ships of 2017 arrived on Thursday, January 12, in West End – which the Government said was...January 15, 2017
Thailand’s flourishing cruise industry was given another boost following the decision to base a prime international cruise ship in...January 13, 2017
In tandem with Cyber Monday and Black Friday, luxury ocean liner company, Cunard will offer attractive promotions on a range of itineraries...November 23, 2016
A 66-year-old man was evacuated from Canada-bound cruise ship on September 22, Thursday, U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman said. The passenger was...September 23, 2016
Passengers aboard Carnival Legend sailing into Victoria experienced scary moments when the ship listed sharply to one side, thus sending dishes...September 8, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line opened reservations on its Hawaii and Alaska cruises 2018 onboard Carnival Legend. Legend’s 2018 Alaska program...July 24, 2016
Some of the major cruise lines still calling at Istanbul, Turkey are beginning to cancel port calls there following yesterday's latest airport...June 29, 2016
Queen Mary 2 (QM2), Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria made a historic triple visit to Hong Kong this week, arriving within 24-hour period. Docked at...April 1, 2016
Cunard will add an unspecified number of Britannia Club cabins to its Queen Victoria ship during her next drydock June 2017. The move follows the...March 16, 2016
Australia is No.3 source market for Cunard Line after the UK and North America, and No.2 after the UK for the world cruises of the company, according...February 29, 2016