Victoria cruise port is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island in the Canadian province British Columbia (BC Canada). The port is the most popular port of call on "Alaskan Canada" cruise itineraries. Near Victoria BC cruise terminal is located the ship repair facility Esquimalt Graving Dock. Its drydock is capable of handling Panamax-size vessels and is among the largest on North America's west coast.
- Besides Victoria BC, Alaska-based cruise ships to Vancouver Island may also stop at Port Hardy - on the island's northeastern coast.
- Port Hardy (population around 4,000) has a natural resources-based economy as being the gateway to Vancouver Island's best places for a travel vacation - Cape Scott Provincial Park, BC Marine Trail and North Coast Trail. All are located on the isalnd's northernmost tip. The town provides access to popular wilderness vacation experiences and activities, such as kayaking, rafting, caving, scuba diving, surfing, nature camping.
- Ferries from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert (on Kaien Island) depart every day during the summer's peak season.
- Victoria BC is located approx 100 km (60 ml) from Vancouver BC (on mainland Canada), approx 100 km (62 ml) from Seattle WA and approx 40 km (25 ml) from Port Angeles WA (by ferry across Juan de Fuca Strait). The city is accessible by airplane (year-round), cruise ships (seasonally) and ferries - including the Victoria Clipper ferry (operating daily between Victoria BC and Seattle WA the whole year-round).
Victoria cruise port is in the ship schedule of major lines including Holland America Line, Crystal Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Disney Cruise Line, Princess Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruise Line, P&O Cruises, Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises. The ships usually call the port on their way to Alaska.
Victoria BC cruise port terminal is operated by "Greater Victoria Harbour Authority". In 2014, the port received 210 ship calls handling over 454,000 passengers.
In 2017, Greater Victoria Harbour Authority started planning minor port cruise port upgrades that can make Victoria BC a turnaround (home-port) for smaller-sized Alaskan cruise ships to operated on roundtrip itineraries from here. Ogden Point cruise terminal (where cruise vessels dock) would need minimal upgrades to become a home-port by the year 2020, including getting customs pre-clearance. Port's statistics show that cruise passenger spending (on hotels, restaurants, bars, etc) brings to the local economy between USD 40,000 and USD 2 million per ship.
Highlights: Old world city, Butchart Gardens, Mt. Tolmie
Victoria cruise terminal
Victoria BC cruise port's terminal is at Ogden Point. The distance to the city center is approx 15 ml (2,5 km). Victoria International Airport is at approx 18 ml (29 km) from the cruise terminal.
The cruise port has 2 piers – named "Pier A" and "Pier B". Each pier has 2 deep-water berths all with excellent approach and mooring. Each pier also has its own Customs and Immigration area.
Passenger terminal's facilities include paved car parking, cargo storage areas, passenger gangways (embarkation / disembarkation ship-to-shore bridges), garbage disposal, baggage handling facility, fresh water, phones. At the cruise terminal's dockside there are exchange bureaus and gift shops. Available are taxis and shuttle bus services.
Victoria tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Inner Harbour: the central harbor area. It is major attraction in the city. The area is surrounded by beautiful historical buildings – the Empress Hotel and the Legislative Buildings. There are many small streets leading from the Inner Harbour, where you can buy Canadian art and souvenirs.
- Royal British Columbia Museum: it is the area of the Inner Harbour. You can explore the history of the people in British Columbia, their live and heritage. The gallery displays also temporary exhibitions.
- National Geographic IMAX Theatre: centrally located, has 400 seats.
- Butchart Gardens: Canadian National Historic Site located in Greater Victoria.
- Pacific Undersea Gardens: located in the Inner Harbour area. The Undersea Theater shows Live Dive Show where you can see the sea bottom.
- Carriage Tours: Tally-Ho Carriage Tours – Horse Drawn Carriage Tours offer the most relaxing way to see Victoria in unique way. They operate since 1903 and offer guided tours of the city.
- Downtown Victoria Ambassadors: dedicated volunteers that will help you anytime, anywhere in the city. The team serves the tourists for 15 years.
- Craigdarroch Castle: inside you will find stunning collections of woodwork, stained glass and furnishings from the Victorian era. If you want to take an amazing view of Victoria, climb the 80 stairs to reach the castle’s tower.
The Victoria cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada.
If you lose the Victoria location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Victoria cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 July, 2017
2 July, 2017
3 July, 2017
5 July, 2017
6 July, 2017
7 July, 2017
8 July, 2017
10 July, 2017
13 July, 2017
14 July, 2017
15 July, 2017
16 July, 2017
17 July, 2017
19 July, 2017
20 July, 2017
21 July, 2017
22 July, 2017
24 July, 2017
25 July, 2017
27 July, 2017
28 July, 2017
29 July, 2017
30 July, 2017
31 July, 2017
Panama Canal transit on Queen Victoria time-lapse video shows the full 8-hour trip in a few minutes. Taken from a cabin balcony, the video shows...July 15, 2017
Costa Cruises announced it is launching new itineraries in Asia for 2017-2018 winter season. With its focus on creating innovative vacation options...July 4, 2017
Cunard’s Queen Victoria ship is now making her way to Southampton. The liner returned after a £34 million makeover. Over...June 8, 2017
Following the recent announcement of plans for a US$40 million refurbishment of Queen Victoria, Cunard Line reveals behind the scenes timelapse video...May 18, 2017
Cunard Line is planning another around-the-world cruise which will include calls at over 30 ports on 6 continents. The 107-night...March 29, 2017
A reported passenger overboard in Sutherland Sound turned out to be a false alarm. A muster was carried out on Queen Victoria and all...March 17, 2017
Cunard Line unveiled its January-May 2019 program named “Oceans of Discovery.” The program will include a cruise to Alaska. From January...March 15, 2017
Following the success of its first-ever Northwest Passage cruise in 2016, Crystal Serenity will traverse the waterway once again this August...February 3, 2017
Thailand’s flourishing cruise industry was given another boost following the decision to base a luxury international cruise ship in...January 13, 2017
Cunard will add an unspecified number of Britannia Club cabins to its Queen Victoria ship during her next drydock June 2017. The move follows the...March 16, 2016
- show more news