American Cruise Lines
MS Independence Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Independence
|Year built||2010 / Age : 8|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Operator||American Cruise Lines|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||52 m / 171 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of MS Independence
Launched in 2010, ms Independence is one of American Cruise Lines ships, together with the paddlewheelers Queen of the West, American Pride, American Eagle and Queen of the Mississippi, as well as American Glory, American Spirit and American Star.
History - construction & ownership
American Cruise Lines (ACL) is a small cruise line with headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut, operational since 1991. The 3,000-ton, 104-passenger cruise ship Independence is US flagged, ACL owned and operated by US crew members. The vessel is compliant with Passenger Vessel Services Act. MS Independence was built by Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland, USA).
In 2010 ms Independence joined the similar though slightly smaller American Spirit, American Glory and American Star. Unlike like her sister ships, she is equipped for comfortable cruising with Rolls Royce stabilizers.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Independence itinerary program is based on 6-day New England cruises out of Providence RI, 6-day and 7-day from Baltimore and Portland ME, 7-day cruises from Amelia Island, Charleston SC and Jacksonville FL, 14-day from Jacksonville and Baltimore, Hudson River cruises from NYC New York.
MS Independence has 4 passenger decks and accommodates 104 guests in 52 cabins, 43 of which featuring small private balconies. The staterooms have windows, interior entrances and private baths. The Independence ship boasts some of the largest staterooms in industry and elevators to all decks.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS Independence has one Dining Room that offers regional cuisine. The Grand dining room seats all guests at the same time. Other options for a drink include Maindeck Lounge, Midship lounge and Passenger Deck's lounge.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Independence ship clientele consists of well-traveled Americans. The onboard atmosphere is casual and friendly. Various port visits are offered every day. Due to its smaller size, Independence can visit the smallest ports during the shore excursions. Room service is available twice a day. Internet access and Wi-Fi are complimentary. Other amenities are the flat TVs, DVDs, individual climate control, free cocktails before dinner. MS Independence ship’s interior areas, including all balconies and staterooms, are spacious and deluxe. The ship has a Library Lounge, putting green, sun shade.
MS Independence wiki
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 94 (of which 3 Suites, 40 Balcony rooms, 51 Oceanview, 0 Inside).
- Fitness, Library, Lifts (all decks), Lounges (4), Grand Dining Room (with open seating).
- Room-Service (twice daily), Internet, WiFi Access (complimentary), single cabins (6), wheelchair-accessible (no), satellite TV (flats with DVDs), large picture windows, individual climate control in each cabin, desk, stationary, closet, 4-drawer dresser, American staff and crew. Cuisine (fresh meats and seafood), open seating.
- Cabin sizes are over 200 ft2 (19 m2), with large picture windows and private bathrooms. 80% of the staterooms are with private balconies.
- Clientele - older North Americans, well-traveled and casual and friendly "country-club" atmosphere, interesting itineraries with numerous call ports, knowledgeable local experts on shore excursions and tours. Because of their smaller sizes, ACL ships can visit smaller ports to offer their guests exceptional tours to little known scenic sites and most charming places in the USA.
- American Cruise Lines Independence is similar as design to the ACL ships American Star and American Spirit. However, this vessel larger in size, offering more spacious rooms and public areas. This ship is fully stabilized.
- The Independence ship's itinerary program as destinations features "Historic South and Golden Isles" with 7-day deals from Jacksonville FL and Charleston SC, 14-day "East Coast Inland Passage" from Jacksonville and Baltimore MD, 6-day "Chesapeake Bay" and 7-day "Mid-Atlantic Inland Passage" from Baltimore, 6- and 7-day "Maine Coast and Harbors" from Portland ME, Hudson River Fall Foliage cruises leaving from New York City NY, 6-day New England cruise from Providence RI.