SS Legacy Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Legacy
|Builder||Bender Shipbuilding & Repair (Mobile, Alabama USA)|
|Owner||InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||58 m / 190 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1472 gt|
|Passengers||88 - 92|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Spirit of '98|
Review of SS Legacy
The paddlewheeler SS Legacy riverboat cruises on Columbia and Snake rivers, departing from Portland, Oregon.
SS Legacy was formerly sailing as "The Spirit of 98" and takes her guests back in time with amazing historical ambiance and itinerary program synchronized with the history of the navigated waterways. In 2013 SS Legacy was fully refurbished and the passenger count was reduced. The ship was reinvented into a turn-of-the-century steamer with wooden cabinetry and a Grand Salon with a dance floor and full bar. There are several unique social areas on board the SS Legacy and three public decks, accessible via an elevator. The ship features an intimate library and wine bar. The Pesky Barnacle Saloon has a wrap-around viewing balcony and attracts guests with tasty cocktails and period accents in the design. The Klondike Dining Room is spacious, with large view windows and cosmopolitan atmosphere of a turn-of-the-century hotel. An intimate bar on the Lounge Deck is stocked with fine wines and premium spirits. The large open bow welcomes passengers to view wildlife. A covered area with chairs and tables, fitness equipment and two large hot tubs are available up on the Sun Deck.
Our SS Legacy river cruise prices are in USD, Per Person, and based on double occupancy. These are the ship's cheapest cruise fares. Know that Un-Cruise Adventures rates here are only suggestive and updated monthly. So they could be different at the time of your riverboat cruise booking.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
SS Legacy wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 44 (of which all are Oceanview).
- Restaurants and food bars: Klondike Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Lounge, Pesky Barnacle Saloon, Wine Bar, Bar.
- Spa area (with 2 jacuzzis, sauna, massage, fitness equipment, yoga classes), viewing areas, library, elevator.
- Un-Cruise Adventures bought the 88-passenger SS Legacy (former "Spirit of 98") from the now-defunct Cruise West company and transformed it into an expedition cruise ship. With its new name the riverboat debuted in August 2013 after an extensive refit.
- SS Legacy cruises primarily on Snake and Columbia rivers in the USA's Pacific Northwest region. The boat is leaving out of Portland OR on roundtrip itineraries.
- Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.