AIDAvita Review and Specifications
Specifications of AIDAvita
|Year built||2002 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Aker MTW Werft (Lloyd Werft Wismar, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||202 m / 663 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42289 gt|
|Passengers||1266 - 1582|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Christened by||Doris Schroder-Kopf|
Current itinerary of AIDAvita
AIDAvita current cruise is 10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore. The itinerary starts on 19 Jan, 2019 and ends on 29 Jan, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Jan 23:58||Departing from Hong Kong, China|
|21 Jan 08:00 - 20:00||Halong Bay, Vietnam|
|22 Jan 18:00 - 23 Jan 18:00||Da Nang, Hue, Vietnam|
|24 Jan 11:00 - 23:58||Nha Trang, Vietnam|
|26 Jan 08:00 - 19:30||Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|29 Jan||Arriving in Singapore|
Review of AIDAvita
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travelers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner) in 2003. AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 42,289-ton, 1,266-passenger cruise ship AIDAvita was designed as “club ship”, ultra-casual like all vessels in AIDA Cruises fleet. The five AIDAvita bars are also designed in a casual mood. The popularity of AIDA ship family made AIDA services appreciated and famous by the cruising community.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
AIDAvita itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises to the Bahamas and Mexico, leaving from Miami FL, and also Mediterranean round-trip voyaged from Venice, Italy. In Spring and Fall, the ship offers Transatlantic repositioning crossings. On AIDAvita, passengers can choose itineraries like a 15-day transatlantic voyage for nearly $5,000 per person in an ocean-view stateroom.
Most AIDAvita staterooms are 150-185-sq.foot Oceanview rooms (357). There are a total of 633 staterooms in 16 categories. The largest aboard AIDAvita are the Premium Suites (615 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are a couple of bigger restaurants onboard, the one of which is called the Calypso and the other - Markt Restaurant. Both offer open-seating, buffet meals. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge during meals at the buffet restaurants. There are also several beverage packages that may be bought at reduced rates. The extra-tariff a la carte Rossini includes waiter service and near-gourmet food with good quality.
Follows the complete list of AIDAvita restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (a specialty, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Calypso Restaurant (the second main dining room; complimentary buffet restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDAvita entertainment facilities include the theatre (Das Theater) – the largest public room onboard, and the huge AIDA Bar & Anytime Disco. Onboard AIDAvita you can practice swimming (a pool is provided), volleyball, basketball, and golf. Try also the fitness center Fit & Fun. The SPA Body & Soul will really make you relax. The pool deck area is designed like a beach – with many palm trees, artificial rock formations, volleyball and basketball courts. AIDAvita guests may choose from several shore excursion options.
Follows the complete list of AIDAvita lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age-appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has an outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is available shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Ocean Bar (cocktail bar with outdoor seating)
- The Theater (750-seat, 2-level main show venue for large-scale show productions; also hosts daily lectures, trivia games, Bingo)
- Conference Room (45-seat Konferenzraum / Seminarraume; part of the venue is the AIDA TV Studio, producing video films related to AIDAaura itinerary and activities, and a daily radio program)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewelry, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Nightfly Bar (adults-only cocktail bar & nightclub with panoramic windows and live music entertainment)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sports Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Mini Golf (indoor putting green area); Golf simulator (virtual golf courses)
- Sunbathing area (Freibereich, served by the Pool Bar and the Pool Grill /American fast food fare)
- The Hemingway Lounge (the Library /Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek; ship’s disco & nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- Time Tunnel (Video Games Arcade with Playstation consoles)
- Waikiki Lounge (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups – Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Sports deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court for basketball/volleyball). The sports area itself is wheelchair accessible.
- Pool deck (with one swimming pool, 3 whirlpools, Pool Shop for towels, deck games - Shuffleboard, Giant Chess, Table Tennis, Backgammon, sunbathing areas; a stage for live performances, bingo evenings, nightly pool parties, laser shows is also available)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, indoor whirlpool, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers and 2 whirlpools; the ship’s Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sun loungers)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track
AIDAvita 2017 refurbishment review
- (deck 10) The old Waikiki Lounge (teen club) was transformed into Beach Lounge (offering cruise itinerary-themed food and drinks). Seaside Lounges (the lounge's outdoor terrace) was equipped with windbreaks and heaters.
- The outdoor areas of Anytime Bar (deck 10) and Ocean Bar (deck 7) were refurbished with new furniture.
- (deck 10) The pool deck area was fully modernized and redesigned for more space.
- (deck 10) Pool Grill bar's seating area was redesigned. The bar now offers typical American cuisine (burgers with wedges, bagels, wraps and other fast-food items).
- (deck 8) The photoshop was expanded and the ship's onboard photo services were upgraded.
- (deck 8) The Rossini restaurant was transformed into "Selection Restaurant" - offering regional (cruise itinerary-based) specialties and delicacies.
- Public spaces (area sized approx 2500 m2 / 27,000 ft2) received new carpeting.
- A total of 9000 L of paint were used for the ship's exterior. Additionally, regular safety and general maintenance works were done.
AIDAvita deck plan changes after drydock 2011 included new Waikiki Lounge (teen lounge, forward-portside on Deck 10) and a new Art Gallery (Deck 8). The ship’s fitness equipment was renewed. The Anytime Disco (Deck 10) was completely redesigned.
- AIDAvita is the 2nd liner operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten. Vessel's design is identical to AIDAaura. The christening ceremony was held in Warnemunde Germany on May 4, 2002. Ship's godmother is Mrs. Doris Schroder-Kopf - wife of former Chancellor of Germany Gerhard Schroder. The vessel was designed to be "ultra casual club ship".
- After the scheduled drydock in November 2014 (Naples, Italy), AIDA Vita ship received new Seaside Lounges in the Anytime Bar (an outdoor area on deck 10). The ship also boasts installations for extensive filter system (exhaust gas treatment). The public areas and Body & Soul sports area were redesigned and enlarged. AIDA Cruises is expanding the range of training opportunities for travelers with limited walking ability, making the sports area onboard wheelchair accessible. A new feature is the digital photo kiosks in the photoshop.
- The onboard language is German because the majority of AIDA passengers are Germans and German-speaking Europeans (from Austria and Switzerland). AIDA Kreutzfahrten guests tend to be young and active; since older Germans gravitate to more traditional (smaller) lines on the German cruise market.
AIDAvita - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAvitaAdd Photo
AIDAvita ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
AIDAvita will embark on Northern European cruises from Hamburg or Kiel starting April 5, 2017, as part of line's new AIDA Selection program. Before...March 25, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A German court sentenced a man who falsely claimed to be a doctor to 3 years in prison. The man treated patients on a cruise ship. News agency...August 8, 2016
- show more news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
The below listed AIDAvita cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AIDA Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 27||21 days, round-trip Philippinen, Hongkong & Vietnam||Singapore|
|2018 Dec 08||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2018 Dec 18||21 days, round-trip Australien & Indonesien||Singapore|
|2019 Jan 08||11 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore|
|2019 Jan 19||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2019 Jan 29||21 days, round-trip Australien & Indonesien||Singapore|
|2019 Feb 19||11 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore|
|2019 Mar 02||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2019 Mar 12||19 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore|
|2019 Mar 31||16 days, one-way from Dubai to Heraklion||Dubai|
|2019 Apr 16||24 days, one-way from Heraklion to Hamburg||Heraklion|
|2019 Apr 16||13 days, one-way from Heraklion to Palma de Mallorca||Heraklion|
|2019 Apr 29||11 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Hamburg||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 10||14 days, round-trip Grosbritannien & Irland 2||Hamburg|
|2019 May 24||11 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 2||Hamburg|
|2019 Jun 04||17 days, one-way from Hamburg to Montreal||Hamburg|
|2019 Jun 21||14 days, round-trip Kanadas Ostkuste||Montreal|
|2019 Jul 05||14 days, round-trip Kanadas Ostkuste||Montreal|
|2019 Jul 19||14 days, round-trip Kanadas Ostkuste||Montreal|
|2019 Aug 02||32 days, one-way from Montreal to Hamburg||Montreal|
|2019 Aug 02||14 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2019 Aug 16||18 days, one-way from New York to Hamburg||New York|
|2019 Sep 03||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien & England 2||Hamburg|
|2019 Sep 15||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien & England 2||Hamburg|
|2019 Sep 27||51 days, one-way from Hamburg to Singapore||Hamburg|
|2019 Sep 27||12 days, one-way from Hamburg to Palma de Mallorca||Hamburg|
|2019 Oct 09||19 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Dubai||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 28||20 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai|
|2019 Nov 17||14 days, round-trip Singapur & Indonesien Mit Bali||Singapore|
|2019 Dec 01||21 days, round-trip Australien & Indonesien||Singapore|
|2019 Dec 22||21 days, round-trip Philippinen, Hongkong & Vietnam||Singapore|
|2019 Dec 22||11 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore|
|2020 Jan 02||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2020 Jan 12||21 days, round-trip Australien & Indonesien||Singapore|
|2020 Feb 02||21 days, round-trip Philippinen, Hongkong & Vietnam||Singapore|
|2020 Feb 02||11 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore|
|2020 Feb 13||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong|
|2020 Feb 23||21 days, round-trip Australien & Indonesien||Singapore|