Cruise Ausonia ferry current position
Cruise Ausonia ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 42.10866 N / 11.76866 E) cruising en route to CIVITAVECCHIA. The AIS position was reported 10 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Cruise Ausonia ferry
|Year built||2002 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Flender Werke (Lubeck, Germany)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Livorno-Palermo|
|Building cost||EUR 75 million|
|Owner||Attica Group (via Attica Ferries Maritime Company)|
|Speed||31 kn / 57 kph / 36 mph|
|Length (LOA)||200 m / 656 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30902 gt|
|Former names||Superfast XII|
Cruise Ausonia ferry Review
Review of Cruise Ausonia ferry
MS Cruise Ausonia ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated the Italy-based company GRIMALDI LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 1821 passengers and 649 cars. The vessel was launched in 2002 and currently operates on the Italy-Sicily ferry route Livorno-Palermo (crossing time 18 hours).
As cruise ferry, Cruise Ausonia has 198 air-conditioned cabins with en-suite bathrooms. The cabins can sleep up to 4 passengers, and are both inside and outside.
The accommodation options include:
- L2 Deluxe-LUX (2-bed / Double Outside) - booking with single occupancy is available (50% supplement on the double occupancy)
- A2 (2-bed / Double Outside) - booking with single occupancy is available (50% supplement on the double occupancy)
- A2 (2-bed / Double Outside)
- AB2 (2-bed / Double Inside)
- A3 (3-bed / Triple Outside)
- AB3 (3-bed / Triple Inside)
- A4-Family (4-bed / Quad Outside)
- AB4-Family (4-bed / Quad Inside)
- DOR (Dormitories / separate sleeping quarters for men and women)
- ATS (Airtype Seats) - the ship additionally offers a spacious Reserved Seating Area (sized 113 m2 / 1200 ft2) located on Deck 8. This lounge is fitted with recliners (aircraft-type seats aka Pullman seats / fully-reclining leather armchairs).
- All staterooms are fitted with en-suite bathrooms (washbasin, shower, and toilet / WC).
- In all cabins, the ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
- Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
- Some staterooms can be booked as "Pet Cabins" as they are equipped for passengers traveling with pets (including service dogs). For such passengers, regular staterooms are not offered. Passengers with pets are required to book the whole cabin (double/triple/quad capacity). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs must be leashed and muzzled.
- Pet cabins are 4-bed (Quad) Inside and Outside staterooms. They can be booked as Quads, Triples, and Doubles, but not as Singles (can't be booked on per bed basis).
- Single-occupancy requires a 50% supplement (on the respective double occupancy rates).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Cruise Ausonia ship offers:
- Deck 7: A La Carte Restaurant, Self-Service Restaurant, FLOCAFE Bar, Cafeteria, Driver's Lounge, Lobby Reception, Boutique, Shop, Casino, Disco Nightclub, Promenade (Outdoor Deck)
- Deck 8: Sun Deck, Air Seats (Reserved Seating Lounge), Couchettes, Cabins
- Deck 9: First Aid (Infirmary / Doctor's Office), Cabins
- Deck 10: Bar, Swimming Pool, Dog Kennels
- Deck 11: Helicopter Pick Up Area - the ship's top-deck is Heli Deck fitted with helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 7).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRIMALDI ferry and cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all Grimaldi ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest Grimaldi ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Each crossing can be customized, and specifically themed by travel agencies and event organizers thanks to GRIMALDI ships' large-sized event spaces that can be differently adapted according to specific requests. Among the most popular theme cruises, GRIMALDI offers voyages themed on sports, art, culture, history, music, religion.
- On the Rome-Barcelona routes, 2-day mini-cruise deals are offered.
- By the company's "Ad hoc" programs are organized religion-themed cruises for small and large groups of pilgrims. The itineraries allow pilgrimages from Italy (Civitavecchia-Rome and Porto Torres Sardinia) to Spain (Barcelona, tour to Sagrada Familia), France (Lourdes, tour to Grotto of Lourdes) and Carcassonne (Cathedral, Basilica of St Nazaire and St Celse).
- GRIMALDI FREIGHTER CLUB is reserved for all ferry passengers with minimum 2 crossings on GRIMALDI LINES ships. Club membership allows 5% Freighter Travel discount on the price.
- The ferry company offers group travel discount rates and for all types of passenger groups (minimum 20 people / with or without vehicles), including students, sports fans, religious groups, campers, music bands, etc.
- GRIMALDI's "Nave Piu Hotel" ("Ferry and Hotel") packages are offered for the Italian islands Sardinia and Sicily. The program is via partnerships with local hotels, villages, and residences.
- Shuttle bus service (between Naples and Civitavecchia-Rome) is offered for all daily departures, excepting Sundays. The bus ticket price is EUR 24 pp (each way), added to the ferry ticket price. The shuttle bus ticket can be purchased with the ferry ticket or on the ship. The shuttle service is subject to change and availability. Departure from Naples is at 4 pm (bus boarding starts at 3.30 pm) at Piazza Angioino / in front Stazione Marittima. Departure from Civitavecchia is at 8.30 pm (bus boarding starts at 8 pm) from the port.
GRIMALDI company offers the following discounted ferry travel deals:
- 20% discount for early bookings and departures (January through April 30th) for Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece.
- 20% discount on the routes to and from Palermo Sicily (bookings and departures, January through April 30th).
- 20% discount on bookings that include departure within 7 days after booking. The offer is valid on ferries to Sardinia, Spain and the Livorno-Palermo route (January through April 30th).
- 20% discount for senior travelers (passengers over 60s. The offer includes Inside Cabin with no single supplement. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) 20% discount on campers is offered on return crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia and Porto Torres.
- (Greece) 20% discount is offered on return tickets (low season departures) on the Italy-Greece routes Brindisi-Igoumenitsa, Brindisi-Corfu and Brindisi-Patras. This low season discount is also available on the reverse routes (from Greece to Italy).
- (Tunisia) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Tunisia and Tunisia-Italy routes.
- (Morocco) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Morocco and Morocco-Italy routes.
- (Greece) 30% discount is offered on low season crossings from Italy to Greece with combined Grimaldi Lines and Minoan Lines bookings.
- 50% discount for kids 2 to from 2 to 12 years old and 100% discount (kids travel for free) for toddlers up to 2 years old. These offers are for a maximum of 2 kids per cabin and can't be combined with the "Superfamily and Friends" offer. Both offers are for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% discount (kids travel for free) for children up to 12 years old is offered on all lines to and from Sicily Island. The offer is for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% "SARDI DOC" discount (free car or motorbike in tow) and single cabin (no supplement) is offered for Sardinia Island natives and residents. Same goes for the 100% "SICILIANI DOC" discount (for Sicily Island natives and residents). These special offers are limited and subject to availability.
- (early booking through April 30th) 100% discount for cars is offered on the routes from Civitavecchia to Sardinia (Olbia and Porto Torres) for year-round departures. The offer can be combined with SARDI DOC (Sardinia resident discount rate).
- 100% discount on cars and motorbikes are offered on return crossings from Spain to Italy (not on all departures).
- (Spain) Special rates on Wednesday departures are offered on the Civitavecchia-Barcelona and Barcelona-Civitavecchia routes. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) Special rates for couples (2 passengers booked in the same stateroom) are offered on routes to and from Spain. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- Special rates for kids and children up to 12 years of age are offered on all routes connecting Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Tunisia, Morocco, Greece.
- (Spain) "Superfamily and Friends" discount rates are offered for 4 passengers booked in the same cabin. The offer is valid for 2 full-paying adults (3rd and 4th passengers travel for free) on return crossings from Spain to Italy. "Superfamily and Friends" rate can be combined with other discounts and special rates on offer.
- Note: Fixed fees (port charges, Government taxes) are excluded from discount fares.
The "Weekend a Bordo" (Weekend onboard) program gives passengers the opportunity to spend the weekend in Barcelona (Saturday to Tuesday. GRIMALDI's "Hotel on board" formula allows the ferries Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona to be used as hotel ships during the Barcelona port stop on Sunday.
- Saturday (0 midnight) - a departure from Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Sunday (8 pm) arrival in Barcelona, free-time city exploration, stateroom (overnight stay on the ferry)
- Monday - free-time city exploration, Barcelona departure 10:15 pm
- Tuesday (7 pm) - arrival in Civitavecchia (Rome)
- While on the ship (during the crossing) passengers can take advantage of all shipboard services and services (including spa, gym, casino, solarium, swimming pool, live music and entertainment, bars, lounges, restaurants).
GRIMALDI also offers honeymoon cruises at most affordable prices.
- Ferry fares are inclusive of Junior Suite cabin, roundtrip ferry cruise (for 2 passengers and 1 car), free entry to the ship's wellness center (plus 1 free spa treatment per person / "Back and Neck" massage), meals (dinner at the ship's restaurant), port fees and taxes, in-cabin dining (Breakfast, complimentary fruits and sparkling wine).
- All these price-inclusive services and amenities are available in both directions (outward and return crossings).
- Honeymoon ferry cruise deals are offered on the ships Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona, with prices per couple EUR 640 (low season), EUR 740 (mid-season) and EUR 920 (high season).
Pets on the ship
Traveling with pets / domestic animals are allowed on all GRIMALDI ships. For dogs and cats are available dedicated onboard lodgings. Other animals (rabbits, birds, hamsters, etc) must be in passenger-owned carriers.
- Animals are not allowed in staterooms, seating lounges, bar lounges, and all public rooms. Animals are allowed only on outer decks, where they can be walked by their owners.
- During ferry booking, passengers have to select "Pet up to 6 kg" for animals traveling in pet cages and not requiring kennels. The "Pet over 6 kg" option is for animals needing onboard kennel (which must be booked in advance).
- During the crossing, animals are nourished by the owners. Water is provided by the crew. Animals must be maintained by the owners, who are obliged to remove excrements or any other uncleannesses produced by the animal.
- Visually impaired passengers travel with their guide dogs at no extra cost. Guide dogs are allowed in the cabin. Disabled passengers or those with reduced mobility can also be accompanied by assistance dogs.
Follows a list of car decks (Deck 1-6) related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grimaldi Lines (founded in 1999, headquartered in Civitavecchia-Rome) is an Italian ferry company operating exclusively on Mediterranean shipping routes connecting mainland Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grimaldi Lines current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Cruise Ausonia, Cruise Barcelona, Cruise Bonaria, Cruise Olbia, Cruise Roma, Cruise Smeralda, Euroferry Corfu, Euroferry Egnazia, Euroferry Olympia, Europalink, Catania, Florencia, Mykonos Palace, Zeus Palace, Florencia.
Cruise Ausonia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Cruise Ausonia ferryAdd Photo
Other GRIMALDI LINES cruise ships
Cruise Ausonia ferry Wiki
The vessel is the second in a 2-ship series fast RoPax ferries built for SUPERFAST FERRIES by Flender Werke (Lubeck, Germany). The Superfast XII ship was launched on December 7, 2001, and delivered to the shipowner on October 2, 2002. The boat was the 12th (last) in the company's original 12-ship fleet.
The ferry operated the Patras-Igoumenitsa-Ancona route in the period October 2002 through March 2009, when was deployed on the route Piraeus (Athens)-Heraklion (Crete). Since May 25, 2015, for SUPERFAST FERRIES the ship served the mainland Greece to Greek Islands route Piraeus (Athens)-Syros-Patmos-Leros-Kalymnos-Kos-Rhodes (crossing time 22 hours 40 min). Kalymnos was added in 2017.
On October 26, 2017, Attica Group (Attica Holdings) signed an agreement for acquiring 48,53% equity stake (37,667,504 shares for total EUR 78,5 million) in HELLENIC SEAWAYS. The ship Superfast 12 was purchased separately (from Grimaldi Group for EUR 74,5 million), as well as Highspeed 7 (from MINOAN LINES for EUR 25 million). With the 2017 acquisition, Attica Group now holds a total of 98,83% equity stake in HSW.
Cruise Ausonia ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review