Euroferry Egnazia current position
Euroferry Egnazia current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 39.55938 N / 2.63543 E) cruising en route to ESVLC>ESPMI. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Euroferry Egnazia
|Year built||1994 / Age: 27|
|Builder||Stocznia Gdynia SA (Gdansk, Poland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Brindisi-Igoumenitsa-Patras|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||32588 gt|
|Sister-ships||Finnpartner, Finntrader, Euroferry Olympia|
|Former names||Finnhansa, Euroferry Sicilia, Transrussia|
Euroferry Egnazia Review
Review of Euroferry Egnazia
Euroferry Egnazia is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Italy-based company GRIMALDI LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 548 passengers and 450 cars (plus 140 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 1994 and currently operates on the Italy-Greece ferry route Brindisi-Igoumenitsa-Patras (crossing time 30,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Euroferry Egnazia has 76 cabins (23x Inside, 20x Outside, 33x Superior). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/ washbasin, hairdryer), with lower and upper bunk beds (wall-mounted), bedside table/cabinet with stool or chair, mirrored vanity (writing table with chair or stool), phone, wall-mounted reading lamps. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
Outside cabins are with bay window. Superior cabins additionally offer as amenities flat TV (satellite reception), mini-bar, double bed, 2-seater sofa. One stateroom is wheelchair-accessible (cabin adapted for disabled passengers). The boat additionally offers a total of 248 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats in reserved seating lounges) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Euroferry Egnazia ship offers:
- The ship has one main restaurant - Self-Service (Buffet) Restaurant - suitable for quick meals prepared by Italian master chefs. Personalized menus are also available, offering dishes made with gluten-free products. Booking onboard dining in advance (online) offers up to 50% off the onboard prices.
- Onboard dining includes 2 restaurant menus (Standard, Business) each with fixed (per person) prices for Breakfast and Lunch-Dinner.
- Standard menu includes Breakfast (1 hot drink, 1 croissant (or 2 butter and jam sandwiches), 1 glass of fruit juice), Lunch (1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side dish, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 drink / 0,5 L bottled water or 330 ml domestic beer or 250 ml wine / non-alcoholic beverage) and Dinner (1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 drink).
- Business menu includes Breakfast (1 hot drink, 1 glass of fruit juice, 2 butter and jam sandwiches or 1 croissant + 1 yogurt), Lunch (1 appetizer, 1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 dessert, 1 drink / 0,5 L bottled water or 330 ml domestic beer or 250 ml wine / non-alcoholic beverage) and Dinner (1 appetizer, 1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 dessert, 1 drink).
- Pub (Snack Bar / Cafeteria) is open year-round and sells beer, sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks.
- Children's Room is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large flat TV (for watching cartoons), bean bags, small tables with chairs, toys, games, ball pool pit, supervised activities.
- The ship also has Video Games Room (arcade machines) and Internet Cafe.
- There are two Reserved Seating Lounges (Economy-Class, Club-Class) fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large flat TVs. There is also an exclusive Truck Drivers Lounge (restaurant/bar lounge).
- Onboard shopping includes several retail shops (boutiques) and Mini-Market selling at discount prices alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs.
- (Lobby Deck) ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (at the Reception). WiFi service is available on all GRIMALDI ships.
- Wellness Center consists of Spa (2 saunas, locker rooms, hot tub/jacuzzi pool, massage rooms), Beauty Parlor (Salon and Shop / for beauty products), Fitness (gym with Technogym equipment). Wellness Center can be visited only by adults and teenagers (14 to 18 years old) accompanied by adults.
- Sun Deck is an outdoor area with sun loungers, deckchairs, tables, mini-golf course and swimming pool (heated, open during summer months only).
- The top-deck (Heli Deck) has a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- Infirmary (ship hospital) provides 24-hour nurse service.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRIMALDI ferry and cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all Grimaldi ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest Grimaldi ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Each crossing can be customized, and specifically themed by travel agencies and event organizers thanks to GRIMALDI ships' large-sized event spaces that can be differently adapted according to specific requests. Among the most popular theme cruises, GRIMALDI offers voyages themed on sports, art, culture, history, music, religion.
- On the Rome-Barcelona routes, are offered 2-day mini-cruise deals.
- By the company's "Ad hoc" programs are organized religion-themed cruises for small and large groups of pilgrims. The itineraries allow pilgrimages from Italy (Civitavecchia-Rome and Porto Torres Sardinia) to Spain (Barcelona, tour to Sagrada Familia), France (Lourdes, tour to Grotto of Lourdes) and Carcassonne (Cathedral, Basilica of St Nazaire and St Celse).
- GRIMALDI FREIGHTER CLUB is reserved for all ferry passengers with minimum 2 crossings on GRIMALDI LINES ships. Club membership allows 5% Freighter Travel discount on the price.
- The ferry company offers group travel discount rates and for all types of passenger groups (minimum 20 people / with or without vehicles), including students, sports fans, religious groups, campers, music bands, etc.
- GRIMALDI's "Nave Piu Hotel" ("Ferry and Hotel") packages are offered for the Italian islands Sardinia and Sicily. The program is via partnerships with local hotels, villages, and residences.
- Shuttle bus service (between Naples and Civitavecchia-Rome) is offered for all daily departures, excepting Sundays. The bus ticket price is EUR 24 pp (each way), added to the ferry ticket price. The shuttle bus ticket can be purchased with the ferry ticket or on the ship. The shuttle service is subject to change and availability. Departure from Naples is at 4 pm (bus boarding starts at 3.30 pm) at Piazza Angioino / in front Stazione Marittima. Departure from Civitavecchia is at 8.30 pm (bus boarding starts at 8 pm) from the port.
GRIMALDI company offers the following discounted ferry travel deals:
- 20% discount for early bookings and departures (January through April 30th) for Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece.
- 20% discount on the routes to and from Palermo Sicily (bookings and departures, January through April 30th).
- 20% discount on bookings that include departure within 7 days after booking. The offer is valid on ferries to Sardinia, Spain and the Livorno-Palermo route (January through April 30th).
- 20% discount for senior travelers (passengers over 60s. The offer includes Inside Cabin with no single supplement. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) 20% discount on campers is offered on return crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia and Porto Torres.
- (Greece) 20% discount is offered on return tickets (low season departures) on the Italy-Greece routes Brindisi-Igoumenitsa, Brindisi-Corfu and Brindisi-Patras. This low season discount is also available on the reverse routes (from Greece to Italy).
- (Tunisia) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Tunisia and Tunisia-Italy routes.
- (Morocco) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Morocco and Morocco-Italy routes.
- (Greece) 30% discount is offered on low season crossings from Italy to Greece with combined Grimaldi Lines and Minoan Lines bookings.
- 50% discount for kids 2 to from 2 to 12 years old and 100% discount (kids travel for free) for toddlers up to 2 years old. These offers are for a maximum of 2 kids per cabin and can't be combined with the "Superfamily and Friends" offer. Both offers are for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% discount (kids travel for free) for children up to 12 years old is offered on all lines to and from Sicily Island. The offer is for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% "SARDI DOC" discount (free car or motorbike in tow) and single cabin (no supplement) is offered for Sardinia Island natives and residents. Same goes for the 100% "SICILIANI DOC" discount (for Sicily Island natives and residents). These special offers are limited and subject to availability.
- (early booking through April 30th) 100% discount for cars is offered on the routes from Civitavecchia to Sardinia (Olbia and Porto Torres) for year-round departures. The offer can be combined with SARDI DOC (Sardinia resident discount rate).
- 100% discount on cars and motorbikes are offered on return crossings from Spain to Italy (not on all departures).
- (Spain) Special rates on Wednesday departures are offered on the Civitavecchia-Barcelona and Barcelona-Civitavecchia routes. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) Special rates for couples (2 passengers booked in the same stateroom) are offered on routes to and from Spain. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- Special rates for kids and children up to 12 years of age are offered on all routes connecting Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Tunisia, Morocco, Greece.
- (Spain) "Superfamily and Friends" discount rates are offered for 4 passengers booked in the same cabin. The offer is valid for 2 full-paying adults (3rd and 4th passengers travel for free) on return crossings from Spain to Italy. "Superfamily and Friends" rate can be combined with other discounts and special rates on offer.
- Note: Fixed fees (port charges, Government taxes) are excluded from discount fares.
The "Weekend a Bordo" (Weekend onboard) program gives passengers the opportunity to spend the weekend in Barcelona (Saturday to Tuesday. GRIMALDI's "Hotel on board" formula allows the ferries Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona to be used as hotel ships during the Barcelona port stop on Sunday.
- Saturday (0 midnight) - a departure from Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Sunday (8 pm) arrival in Barcelona, free-time city exploration, stateroom (overnight stay on the ferry)
- Monday - free-time city exploration, Barcelona departure 10.15 pm
- Tuesday (7 pm) - arrival in Civitavecchia (Rome)
- While on the ship (during the crossing) passengers can take advantage of all shipboard services and services (including spa, gym, casino, solarium, swimming pool, live music and entertainment, bars, lounges, restaurants).
GRIMALDI also offers honeymoon cruises at most affordable prices.
- Ferry fares are inclusive of Junior Suite cabin, roundtrip ferry cruise (for 2 passengers and 1 car), free entry to the ship's wellness center (plus 1 free spa treatment per person / "Back and Neck" massage), meals (dinner at the ship's restaurant), port fees and taxes, in-cabin dining (Breakfast, complimentary fruits and sparkling wine).
- All these price-inclusive services and amenities are available in both directions (outward and return crossings).
- Honeymoon ferry cruise deals are offered on the ships Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona, with prices per couple EUR 640 (low season), EUR 740 (mid-season) and EUR 920 (high season).
Pets on the ship
Traveling with pets / domestic animals are allowed on all GRIMALDI ships. For dogs and cats are available dedicated onboard lodgings. Other animals (rabbits, birds, hamsters, etc) must be in passenger-owned carriers. Animals are not allowed in staterooms, seating lounges, bar lounges, and all public rooms. Animals are allowed only on outer decks, where they can be walked by their owners.
As freight, GRIMALDI ships allow transportation of semi-trailers, lorries (with or without drivers), cars, motorcycles (only as freight, without drivers), caravans, camper vans (without drivers), cargo containers, mobile machinery, boats (on cradle), industrial products.
The ferry has 3 garage decks accessible via the stern. All vehicle decks are connected via internal ramps. Lower garage deck is for trucks and freight, while the middle and upper decks are for passenger vehicles. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grimaldi Lines (founded in 1999, headquartered in Civitavecchia-Rome) is an Italian ferry company operating exclusively on Mediterranean shipping routes connecting mainland Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grimaldi Lines current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Cruise Ausonia, Cruise Barcelona, Cruise Bonaria, Cruise Olbia, Cruise Roma, Cruise Smeralda, Euroferry Corfu, Euroferry Egnazia, Euroferry Olympia, Europalink, Catania, Florencia, Mykonos Palace, Zeus Palace, Florencia.
Euroferry Egnazia - user reviews and comments
Photos of Euroferry EgnaziaAdd Photo
Other GRIMALDI LINES cruise ships
Euroferry Egnazia Wiki
The ferry was previously operated under the names Finnhansa (1994-2009, owned by FINNLINES), Euroferry Sicilia (2009-2010, owned by Grimaldi Group) and Transrussia (2010-2014 owned by FINNLINES).
The ship is powered by four SULZER marine diesel engines (8-cylinder, model 8ZAL40S) with combined power output 23 MW. The hull is ice-strengthened (ice class 1A) which allows year-round operations on Baltic Sea routes with extreme ice conditions without icebreaking vessel assistance. From the same series (sisterships) are Finntrader, Finnpartner, and Euroferry Olympia.
The ferry's last drydock refit was in 2014 at Besiktas Shipyard (Turkey), during which were added passenger cabins and facilities.
Euroferry Egnazia User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review