Finnpartner ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Finnpartner ferry
|Year built||1994 / Age : 25|
|Builder||Stocznia Gdynia SA (Gdansk, Poland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Malmo-Travemunde|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||32534 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Sister-ships||Finntrader, Euroferry Egnazia, Euroferry Olympia|
Review of Finnpartner ferry
MS Finnpartner ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Finland-based company FINNLINES. The ship has a max capacity of 274 passengers and 600 cars (or 200 lorries). The vessel was launched in 1994 and currently operates on the Sweden-Germany ferry route Malmo-Travemunde (crossing time 9 hours).
As cruise ferry, Finnpartner has 182 cabins with a total of 274 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. All cabins are located on decks 3 and 5, and available in 6 categories (inside and outside). These categories as sizes vary from 8 m2 (85 ft2) to 11 m2 (120 ft2).
- (9, on deck 5) A4 Quad Outside (4 passengers, 2 single beds, 1 single sofa bed, 1 upper bunk bed, window, size 8 m2 / 85 ft2)
- (16, on deck 5) A3 Triple Outside (3 passengers, 2 single beds, 1 lower bunk bed, window, size 8 m2 / 85 ft2)
- (7, on deck 3) AB4 Quad Inside (4 passengers, 2 lower single beds, 2 upper bunk beds, size 11 m2 / 120 ft2)
- (12, on deck 3) AB2 Twin Inside (2 passengers, 2 lower single bunk beds, size 9 m2 / 95 ft2)
- (43, on deck 3) ABB2 Twin Inside (2 passengers, 1 lower single bunk bed, 1 upper bunk bed, size 9 m2 / 95 ft2)
- (95, on deck 3) AB1 Single Inside (1 passenger, 1 lower single bunk bed, size 9 m2 / 95 ft2)
- All cabins are fitted with a refrigerator, flat TV (satellite reception), phone, electronic safe, hairdryer, trouser press, small writing table with chair, private bathroom (WC / shower configuration), air-conditioning.
Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Finnpartner ship offers:
- Buffet (self-service restaurant, hot and cold meals, included in the one-way ferry price). Water and milk are included with all meals. A selection of juices is offered at breakfast and brunch.
- (deck 6) Cafe Bar is located next to the buffet restaurant. This is the ship's patisserie/cafeteria selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, wine by the glass, beers, alcoholic and soft beverages.
- (deck 6) Kids Playroom is an indoor playground/soft play area with large windows, games, toys, books, large TV for watching cartoons.
- Sailor's Shop is a duty-free store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines, beers), tobaccos, name-brand perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products, fashion clothing and accessories, leather goods, designer sunglasses, jewelry, toys, confectionery, gadgets and electronics, books, magazines, newspapers, convenience goods and travel essentials.
- (deck 6) 2 sauna rooms, 1 large Jacuzzi, kids pool, Bar Lounge
- Fitness Room (fully-equipped gym)
- free Wi-Fi (limited coverage on deck 4)
- ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on deck 6)
- Pets Exercising Areas
- (deck 6) Sun Deck (outdoor relaxation area with lounge seating)
- All lounges are fitted with large flat TVs.
- The ship has no medicine cabinet (infirmary/doctor's office) and doesn't provide medical service for passengers. However, there are always crew members trained in first aid.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
FINNLINES ferry deals
On the Finland-Sweden route, FINNLINES ferry ticket prices are inclusive of 2 buffet meals (Kapellskar-Naantali) and 1 buffet meal (Kapellskar-Langnas Aland). Ticket sales on the Sweden-Aland route (Langnas-Kapellskar) end 6 hours prior departure. On the Aland-Finland (Langnas-Naantali) route, ticket sales end 4,5 hours prior departure. Duty-free shopping is available only on the Sweden-Finland crossings with itineraries that stop at Aland Islands.
Baltic Sea ferry cruise deals by FINNLINES are offered only on the routes between Germany and Finland (Travemunde-Helsinki). FINNLINES ferry cruise deals offer free travel for the 3rd and 4th passenger in a quad cabin with 2 adults (in one booking). On the Finland-Germany routes, neither recliner seats or shared cabin beds can be booked for kids under 13 yo.
Except on Finland-Sweden routes, meals are not included in the fares. Discount-priced dining packages can be purchased upon booking. Meals can be also purchased separately on the ship. Meal prices are inclusive of drinks (water, milk, juice, coffee, tea). On Finland-Germany routes, the "Dinner Superior" package includes as beverages the standard water, milk, juice, coffee, tea, as well as draught beer, wine by the glass and selected soft drinks.
Children traveling alone or in a group (without a legal guardian) must show their parents / legal guardian's written consent. Teenagers (14-17 yo) can travel alone but are charged adult's ticket fee. Kids under 14 years old must have a named legal guardian responsible for them during the crossing.
Passengers booking longer ferry deals (return, roundtrip or multi-leg voyage) receive 20% discount on all ferry crossings following the first trip. The discount requires the booking of all legs of the itinerary at the same time. If the first part of the voyage is canceled, the return or multi-leg discount will be removed from the new first section.
Star Club members (by the company's "Finnlines Star Club Loyalty Program") enjoy the following membership discounts:
- 3% off on all ferry fares (passenger, cabin, vehicle)
- an exclusive loyal customer only discounts (received via email) a few times a year
- up to 20% off on selected onboard beverages (offered in the ship's bars and restaurants)
- 5% off on onboard shopping (confectionery, perfumes, skincare products, accessories, souvenirs) in the Sailor's Shop
- an exclusive loyal customer only discounts on onboard food, drinks, and shopping
- Star Club membership discounts are granted on all campaign fares too.
Pets on the ship
All FINNLINES ferries allow pets onboard. However, passengers with pets are required to book a pet cabin, and only in morning and day departures. The number of allowed pets per cabin is 2. Along with pet cabins, the ship also provides an outdoor walking area and tree stumps.
- All pets must be notified upon booking.
- Pets are not allowed in the ship's public areas (including bars, restaurants, sauna).
- Leaving the animals in the vehicles during the voyage is forbidden.
- Ferry fares for pets (prices per animal, one-way voyage) are as follows: Travemunde-Helsinki (EUR 70), Travemunde-Malmo (EUR 20), Kapellskar-Langnas Aland-Naantali (EUR 20).
As freight, FINNLINES ships allow transportation of semi-trailers, lorries (with or without a driver), cars, motorcycles (only as freight, without a driver), caravans, camper vans (without a driver), cargo containers, mobile machinery, agricultural machines, boats (on cradle), as well as forest and steel industry products.
Private vehicle passenger services (cars, motorcycles, vans and camper vans with drivers) are offered only on the routes Helsinki-Travemunde, Naantali-Langnas Aland-Kapellskar, and Malmo-Travemunde.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator Finnlines (founded in 1947, headquartered in Helsinki Finland, part of Grimaldi Group) provides passenger and ro-ro ferry services predominantly in Northern Europe (Baltic Sea and the North Sea). Finnlines ferries connect the countries Finland, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, UK, Spain. Finnlines current fleet includes the ships Finnclipper, Finnfellow, Finnlady, Finnmaid, Finnpartner, Finnstar, Finntrader, Europalink, Finnswan.
Finnpartner ferry wiki
Finnpartner is the second of all four Hansa-class ferries built by the Polish shipbuilding company Stocznia Gdanska,(Gdansk). The ship was launched in July 1994 and delivered in February 1995. Each ship is powered by 4x SULZER marine diesel engines (model 8ZAL40S, total power output 23 MW). The hull is ice-strengthened (ice class 1A) which allows year-round operations on Baltic Sea routes with extreme ice conditions without icebreaking vessel assistance. From the same series (sisterships) are Finntrader, Finnhansa (Euroferry Egnazia) and Transeuropa (Euroferry Olympia).
The ferry was initially deployed on the Finland-Germany route Helsinki-Travemunde (1995-2007). The Malmo-Travemunde service was started in August 2007. In the period April-August 2007, the ship was in drydock in Gdansk (Remontowa ship repair yard) for a major refit and reconstruction.
The vessel is operated by FINNLINES' fully-owned Swedish subsidiary company Nordo-Link Ltd.