Europalink ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Europalink ferry
|Year built||2007 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Castellammare di Stabia / Naples, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Malmo-Travemunde|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||219 m / 719 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||45923 gt|
|Sister-ships||Finnlady, Finnstar, Finnmaid, Nordlink|
Current position of Europalink ferry
Review of Europalink ferry
MS Europalink ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Finland-based company GRIMALDI LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 925 passengers and 366 cars (or 280 trailers/trucks). The vessel was launched in 2007 and currently operates on the Sweden-Germany ferry route Malmo-Travemunde (crossing time 9 hours).
As cruise ferry, Europalink has 207 cabins with a total of 575 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. All cabins are located on decks 7, 8 and 9, and are available in 9 categories (inside and outside). These categories as sizes vary from 10 m2 (110 ft2) Interior Cabin to 38 m2 (410 ft2) Suites. For families with kids, there are spacious staterooms equipped with a double bed and bunk bed.
- (2, on deck 8) OS4 Owner Suite (4 passengers, 1 double bed, 2-person / double sofabed, large windows, size 38 m2 / 410 ft2)
- (2, on deck 9) JS4 Junior Suite (4 passengers, 1 double bed, 2-person / double sofabed, large windows, size 32 m2 / 345 ft2)
- (on decks 7-8-9) Outside LUX Cabin (4 passengers, 1 double bed, 1 single bed, 1 bunk bed, size 16-20 m2 / 170-215 ft2)
- (34, on decks 8-9) A4 - Quad Outside (4 passengers, 2 lower single beds, 1 sofa bed, 1 bunk bed, size 16 m2 / 170 ft2)
- (2, on deck 9) A3D - Triple Outside (disabled, 2 lower single beds, 1 bunk bed, size 16 m2 / 170 ft2). These staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
- (62, on decks 7-9) A2 / A4S - Quad Outside (2-4 passengers, 2 lower single beds, plus 2 bunk beds in A4S, size 10 m2 / 110 ft2)
- (99, on decks 7-8-9) AB3 / AB4 - Quad Inside (3-4 passengers, 2 lower single beds, 1 or 2 bunk beds, size 10 m2 / 110 ft2)
- (on decks 7-8-9) FA2B / MA2B - Shared Outside (2 lower single beds, size 10 m2 / 110 ft2)
- (on decks 7-8-9) FB3B / FB4B / MB3B / MB4B - Shared Inside (2 lower single beds, 1 or 2 upper beds, size 10 m2 / 110 ft2)
- All cabins are fitted with a refrigerator, flat TV (satellite reception), phone, electronic safe, hairdryer, trouser press, small writing table with chair, private bathroom (WC / shower configuration), air-conditioning.
- The ship has a total of 4 Suites. Passenger Suite deals are inclusive of dining packages, 1 bottle of sparkling wine, 1 box of chocolate-covered marshmallows, minibar beverages, 1 drink coupon pp, skincare products.
- Deluxe / LUX Cabin deals are inclusive of 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of wine (Bottega Gold Prosecco Brut).
The ship additionally has reclining seats (airline-type recliners/leather armchairs) located on Deck 12.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Europalink ship offers:
- Buffet (self-service restaurant, hot and cold meals, included in the one-way ferry price). Water and milk are included with all meals. A selection of juices is offered at breakfast and brunch.
- Cafe Bar (located next to the buffet restaurant) is the ship's patisserie/cafeteria selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, wine by the glass, beers and other alcoholic beverages.
- Conference Room is a 12-seat meeting room that can be booked for private group events (training, lectures, company meetings). The conference room is fully equipped with modern presentation (sound and media) equipment, including a wall-mounted large TV and ClickShare Wireless.
- Reserved Seating Lounge on Deck 12 offers 61 air seats (aka Pullman seats / fully reclining leather armchairs).
- Kids Playroom is an indoor playground / soft play area with large windows, games, toys, books, large TV for watching cartoons, ball pit, supervised activities, theme characters entertainment (Mrs. Lady, Miss Maid, Mr. Star, "Icebreaker Snow" characters).
- Video Games Room (arcade machines)
- Teen Lounge (with graffiti painted walls, table football)
- Sailor's Shop is a duty-free store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (spirits, wines, beers), tobaccos, name-brand perfumes, cosmetics and skincare products, fashion clothing and accessories, leather goods, designer sunglasses, jewelry, toys, confectionery, gadgets and electronics, books, magazines, newspapers, convenience goods and travel essentials.
- Fitness (Gymstick Gym, open between 7 am -10 pm, age limit 15 yo) is equipped with a treadmill, cross-trainer, rowing machine, exercise bikes, benches, fitness balls, premium dumbbells.
- Spa (Massage Room, 2 Sauna Rooms / for men and women, 1 large jacuzzi) is located on Deck 11. Massages are in 30-, 45- and 60-min sessions. Both saunas are open throughout the voyage and are ticket price inclusive (free of charge).
- free Wi-Fi (limited coverage on deck 11)
- ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on deck 7)
- Pets Exercising Area
- Terrazzo Outer Deck is the ship's Sun Deck served by its own Bar Lounge. The outdoor area is fitted with deckchairs and protected by a windshield keeping it warmer in windy weather and also providing protection from the sun during summer. Serving as second Sun Deck is the ship's Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- All lounges are fitted with large flat TVs.
- The ship has no medicine cabinet (infirmary/doctor's office) and doesn't provide medical service for passengers. However, there are always crew members trained in first aid.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRIMALDI LINES ferry deals
On the Finland-Sweden route, GRIMALDI LINES ferry ticket prices are inclusive of 2 buffet meals (Kapellskar-Naantali) and 1 buffet meal (Kapellskar-Langnas Aland). Ticket sales on the Sweden-Aland route (Langnas-Kapellskar) end 6 hours prior departure. On the Aland-Finland (Langnas-Naantali) route, ticket sales end 4,5 hours prior departure. Duty-free shopping is available only on the Sweden-Finland crossings with itineraries that stop at Aland Islands.
Baltic Sea ferry cruise deals by GRIMALDI LINES are offered only on the routes between Germany and Finland (Travemunde-Helsinki). FINNLINES ferry cruise deals offer free travel for the 3rd and 4th passenger in a quad cabin with 2 adults (in one booking). On the Finland-Germany routes, neither recliner seats or shared cabin beds can be booked for kids under 13 yo.
Except on Finland-Sweden routes, meals are not included in the fares. Discount-priced dining packages can be purchased upon booking. Meals can be also purchased separately on the ship. Meal prices are inclusive of drinks (water, milk, juice, coffee, tea). On Finland-Germany routes, the "Dinner Superior" package includes as beverages the standard water, milk, juice, coffee, tea, as well as draught beer, wine by the glass and selected soft drinks.
Children traveling alone or in a group (without a legal guardian) must show their parents / legal guardian's written consent. Teenagers (14-17 yo) can travel alone but are charged adult's ticket fee. Kids under 14 years old must have a named legal guardian responsible for them during the crossing.
Passengers booking longer ferry deals (return, roundtrip or multi-leg voyage) receive 20% discount on all ferry crossings following the first trip. The discount requires the booking of all legs of the itinerary at the same time. If the first part of the voyage is canceled, the return or multi-leg discount will be removed from the new first section.
Star Club members (by the company's "Finnlines Star Club Loyalty Program") enjoy the following membership discounts:
- 3% off on all ferry fares (passenger, cabin, vehicle)
- an exclusive loyal customer only discounts (received via email) a few times a year
- up to 20% off on selected onboard beverages (offered in the ship's bars and restaurants)
- 5% off on onboard shopping (confectionery, perfumes, skincare products, accessories, souvenirs) in the Sailor's Shop
- an exclusive loyal customer only discounts on onboard food, drinks, and shopping
- Star Club membership discounts are granted on all campaign fares too.
Pets on the ship
All GRIMALDI LINES ferries allow pets onboard. However, passengers with pets are required to book a pet cabin, and only in morning and day departures. The number of allowed pets per cabin is 2. Along with pet cabins, the ship also provides an outdoor walking area and tree stumps.
- All pets must be notified upon booking.
- Pets are not allowed in the ship's public areas (including bars, restaurants, sauna).
- Leaving the animals in the vehicles during the voyage is forbidden.
- Ferry fares for pets (prices per animal, one-way voyage) are as follows: Travemunde-Helsinki (EUR 70), Travemunde-Malmo (EUR 20), Kapellskar-Langnas Aland-Naantali (EUR 20).
As freight, GRIMALDI LINES ships allow transportation of semi-trailers, lorries (with or without a driver), cars, motorcycles (only as freight, without a driver), caravans, camper vans (without a driver), cargo containers, mobile machinery, agricultural machines, boats (on cradle), as well as forest and steel industry products.
Private vehicle passenger services (cars, motorcycles, vans and camper vans with drivers) are offered only on the routes Helsinki-Travemunde, Naantali-Langnas Aland-Kapellskar, and Malmo-Travemunde.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grimaldi Lines (founded in 1999, headquartered in Civitavecchia-Rome) is an Italian ferry company operating exclusively on Mediterranean shipping routes connecting mainland Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece, Morocco, and Tunisia. Grimaldi Lines current cruise ferry fleet includes the ships Cruise Ausonia, Cruise Barcelona, Cruise Bonaria, Cruise Olbia, Cruise Roma, Cruise Smeralda, Euroferry Corfu, Euroferry Egnazia, Euroferry Olympia, Europalink, Catania, Florencia, Mykonos Palace, Zeus Palace, Florencia.
Europalink ferry - user reviews and comments
Other GRIMALDI LINES cruise ships
Europalink ferry Wiki
Europalink is the fourth in the ordered by GRIMALDI GROUP series of all 5 Star-class ferries built by the Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri. The ship was delivered in March 2007. All these Ro-Pax vessels were initially ordered for FINNLINES to serve the Baltic Sea routes Finland-Germany (Helsinki-Travemunde) and Sweden-Germany (Malmo-Travemunde). All Star-class ferries are with ice-strengthened hulls (classed "1A Super") allowing shipping operations in freezing waters without icebreaker vessel assistance.
Ship's power plant includes 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 9L46D, 5-cylinder, total power output 48 MW). The ship also carries reefers (refrigerated containers) - max capacity 192 TEU units.
Under the name "Finnlady", Fincantieri delivered the ferry to FINNLINES on March 5, 2007. It arrived at homeport Malmo Sweden on March 24 and started operations from Malmo on March 30 (maiden voyage Malmo to Travemunde). In the period 2012-2017, the ship was deployed in the Mediterranean Sea, operating on the Italy-Greece route Ancona-Igoumenitsa-Patras. During that time, the ship was part of the MINOAN LINES fleet, joining on the Greece-Italy route the fleet mates Cruise Europa and Cruise Olympia.
In 2013, FINNLINES sold the vessel to GRIMALDI GROUP (parent company). Since 2018, the vessel is operated by GRIMALDI LINES (a subsidiary of Grimaldi Group). Following the purchase from GRIMALDI GROUP on January 26, 2018, the ship was scheduled to enter drydock for extensive refurbishment and upgrade (scheduled for mid-March 2018). The project included renovation of all cabins and public areas, as well as hull painting and installing scrubbers (marine exhaust gas cleaning systems).
Europalink ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review