Pacific Aria Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pacific Aria
|Year built||1994 / Age : 24|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 220 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises Australia|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||219 m / 719 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||55819 gt|
|Passengers||1260 - 1512|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||MS Ryndam|
|Christened by||Jessica Mauboy|
Current itinerary of Pacific Aria
Pacific Aria current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu. Prices start from USD 599 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 13 Sep, 2018 and ends on 21 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|13 Sep||Departing from Brisbane, Queensland Australia|
|15 Sep 15:00 - 22:00||Noumea, Grande Terre island, New Caledonia|
|16 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Mare Island, Tadine, New Caledonia|
|17 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Mystery Island, Aneityum, Vanuatu|
|18 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Port Vila, Efate Island, Vanuatu|
|21 Sep||Arriving in Brisbane, Queensland Australia|
Review of Pacific Aria
Launched in 1994 (as MS Ryndam) Pacific Aria is one of the new P&O Australia cruise ships, together with Pacific Eden (former MS Statendam) and Pacific Explorer (Dawn Princess). The ship joined the P&O AU fleet in 2015.
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 55,819-ton, 1,266-passenger cruise ship Pacific Aria was launched and operated as ms Ryndam (part of the Holland America fleet between 1994 and 2015). In May 2014 Carnival Corporation (owner of both brands P&O and HAL) announced that the ship will be transferred to the P&O Australia’s fleet in 2015 after a scheduled refurbishment to tailor Ryndam for the Australia/New Zealand market.
Cruise itinerary program
Pacific Aria itinerary program is based on Australia cruises from Sydney and Brisbane, including roundtrip “South Pacific Islands” voyages to Fiji, Vanuatu, Santo, New Caledonia; “cruises to nowhere” and Moreton Island short breaks; Queensland cruises to the Great Barrier Reef and Papua New Guinea; Sydney-Brisbane repositioning with one-way itineraries.
Most Pacific Aria staterooms are 195-sq.foot Oceanview rooms (353). Of all Pacific Aria cabins, nearly 25% have a private balcony. There are a total of 630 staterooms in 23 categories. The largest aboard Pacific Aria are the Penthouse Suites (940 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Pacific Aria showcases P&O Australia's biggest dining options' selection, with 15 venues in total. The Pantry replaced the traditional buffet. It is an area of fresh-food stations including items like fish and chips and a delicatessen. The Dragon Lady serves a range of Asian dishes, Angelo's is an elegant Italian venue. The Open Kitchen is a modern cooking school. Back by popular demand are favourites, such as the exclusive 14-seat Chef's Table and Salt Grill by Luke Mangan. The Waterfront Restaurant, ship's main dining room, continues to serve classic Australian dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a stylish setting.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Aria restaurants and food bars.
- Waterfront Restaurant (open-seating dining room; each of all three dining rooms on Pacific Aria is operated with “Your Choice Dining” (a la carte) menus for breakfast and lunch, and offers a 4-course dinner menu. Tables seat up to 10 guests. Dining times vary according to sea/port days. The Waterfront is connected with the Asian and Italian themed dining rooms)
- The Dragon Lady (Asian cuisine restaurant; ship’s second dining room)
- The Angelo’s (Italian cuisine restaurant, the third dining room)
- The Pantry (self service buffet restaurant with an open-air terrace)
- Salt Grill (reservations-only specialty restaurant via partnership with Australian celebrity chef Luke Mangan)
- Chef’s Table (specialty dining venue with gourmet private dining and tour of the galley).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
New lounges include the Salt Grill Bar (complementing the MIX cocktail bar), Cellar Door for wine tastings and Dome nightclub. For kids, innovative activity clubs include Turtle Cove (ages 3-6-yo), Shark Shack (ages 7-10-yo) and HQ for teens. Adults can relax in the child-free Oasis on ship's top deck, while all ages enjoy the swimming pool on Lido deck and the adventures of P&OEdge program, held all over Pacific Aria, with a climbing course on the funnel and a zip line across the top deck.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Aria lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pacific Aria Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- The Marquee Theatre (2-decks, featuring large scale shows, magic and comedy acts; during the day, the theatre hosts Jackpot bingo games, trivia quizzes)
- Cellar Door (boutique winery); Ocean Bar; Blue Room (bar); The Bar/Monkey Bar; The Grill/Lido Bar; Pool Bar
- Cinema & Open Kitchen (indoor cinema with a culinary school)
- Tax and Duty Free Shops; PANDORA shop (jewelry)
- The Dome (indoor observation lounge with floor-ceiling windows, large dance floor, full service bar; transforms into disco nightclub in the evenings)
- Casino (served by The “MIX” Lounge and Bar which doubles as sports bar)
- Expressions Studio (Photo Gallery and Shop); The Library (with Internet Cafe)
- The Oasis (adults-only relaxation complex)
- Aqua HealthSpaFitness (Wellness Centre with Day Spa, Thermal Suites, Fitness Centre with a separate room for classes, Hair and Beauty Salon); Main Pool Area
- Teen- and Kids club lounges (offering complimentary activities by P&O youth programme: “Turtle Cove”; “Shark Shack”; “HQ” lounge; “HQ+” teen lounge)
- P&OEdge Adventure Park experience (“high adrenalin” program with 20 different activities, such as climbing, jumping, racing, flying on ropes)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shufflleboard); Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
Pacific Aria wiki
- Cabin grades number: 23
- Total number of cabins: 630 (of which 29 Suite, 120 Balcony, 128 Inside rooms)
- Dining Room Restaurants: Waterfront, Dragon Lady (Asian), Angelo’s (Italian)
- Restaurants and food bars: The Pantry (buffet), Salt Grill (specialty, by Luke Mangan), Cellar Room (winery), Chef’s Table (specialty).
- Lounges & Bars: Marquee (theater), Dome (observation & nightclub), Ocean Bar (lobby), MIX (cocktails & sports), Salt Grill Bar (cocktails by Luke Mangan), teen-kids lounges (Turtle Cove, Shark Shack, HQ, HQ+), poolside bars (Lido Bar, New Zealand Natural /icecream).
- Entertainment - adult-only retreat (Oasis), Aqua SpaFitness, Casino, Promenade (decks 6 & 7), 2 pools (1 covered with sliding roof), 2 jacuzzis, Blue Room (library & Internet), duty-free shops, 2 sport courts (tennis & basketball), deck games (chess, shufflleboard, golf putting), P&OEdge Park.
- ms Pacific Aria P&O cruise ship started its carrier under the name "ms Ryndam". She was operated by Holland America Line from 1994 to 2015, when the vessel was refurbished and transferred to P&O Australia's fleet, renamed "Pacific Aria" and homeported in Brisbane, Queensland. Another newcomer is the Pacific Explorer (former Dawn Princess) joining the fleet in June 2017.
- Pacific Aria cruise ship as design is sister to Pacific Eden (former Statendam), and to the Holland America Line's vessels Maasdam and Veendam.
- The P&O ship Aria started operations in 2015 November, right after the re-naming ceremony in Sydney Australia. The christening ceremony was dual (also including the Pacific Eden ship) and held at Fort Denison (Sydney Harbour) on November 25, 2015. Aria's godmother is Mrs Jessica Mauboy (singer). Part of the dual naming celebrations were also the PandO Australia ships Pacific Pearl (CMV Columbus), Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn. On each of the five ships there were musical parties with live performances featuring Jessica Mauboy (on Aria), The Veronicas (on Eden), Samantha Jade (on Pearl), Justice Crew (on Jewel) and Stan Walker (on Dawn).
- Pacific Aria "cruise to nowhere" deals are on specially themed Australian roundtrip voayges (without additional porst of call along the route). These short breaks are usually themed "Food and Wine", "Music" (various styles/performers), "Comedy", "Sports". P&O Australia "cruises to nowhere" prices are also inclusive of all special activites and themed entertainment on the ship, including classes and workshops, lectures, presentations, guest performances, theme parties.
- The inaugural cruise ("Mayden Voyage") for P&O was in 2015, on November 25 (2-days Sydney to Brisbane).
- Pacific Aria is the first cruise ship to call on Fraser Island - followed by the new fleetmate Pacific Eden. The island's location is along Queensland's southern coast- some 200 km (120 ml) north of Brisbane. This is a World Heritage-listed location and also the largest sand island in the world (length 120 km (75 ml), width 24 km (15 ml). The ship's scheduled visit to Fraser Island Queensland was on April 3, 2016 (4-day Brisbane round-trip cruise itinerary). The Great Sandy Strait is a 70 km (~ 43 ml) sand passage estuary (tidal strait consisting of bays and sand flats) that separates mainland Queensland from Fraser Island. On April 3, at high tide Pacific Aria entered and navigated through the strait, assisted by an experienced local pilot (a former Captain). At about 7 am the ship anchored off the Kingfisher Bay Resort. Among the special P&O Australia shore excursion deals on Fraser Island is the Kingfisher Bay Resort, offering 4WD tours along the island's beaches and some 1500 km / 930 ml of tracks.
- P&O Australia's Aria ship was the 2nd cruise liner (after Pacific Jewel) to visit the privately-owned Conflict Islands (Papua New Guinea) - inaugural visit on August 5, 2016. This is a group of all 21 islands surrounding a blue lagoon with a pristine reef system. This makes the new destination one of the perfect ones for snorkeling and diving excursions in the South Pacific Ocean.
ms Ryndam cruise ship
Follows the table with information regarding the previously named "MS Ryndam" Holland America vessel.
- Passenger decks: 10
- Cabin grades number: 26
- Total number of cabins: 630 (of which 149 Suites, no Balcony, 129 Inside, 32 Spa rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Rotterdam
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido (indoor buffet with outdoor Lido Terrace), Terrace Grill (fast-food), Pinnacle Grill (steakhouse, seafood, French /"Le Cirque" in the evening), Canaletto (Italian).
- Lounges & Bars: Showroom at Sea (theater), Wajang (culinary arts, and cinema), Crow’s Nest (nightclub), MIX (Champagne, Spirits & Ales, Martini), Wine Tasting and Gourmet Shops, Explorer’s, Explorations Cafe, Neptune (suite guests), Ocean (Atrium bar), Casino, kids and teens lounges (Club HAL, The Loft, The Oasis), poolside bars.
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("Club Hal"), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats, Spa cabins (6 CQ - oceanview, 2 IQ - Interior), Spa suites (8, BQ).
- Adults relaxation area (Sea View), Greenhouse Spa, Fitness, 2 jacuzzis, 2 pools, wraparound Promenade (Deck 6).
- Holland America Ryndam cruise ship (named after a dam on Rhine River) is of the line's 1st S-class vessel.
- The ship's Maiden Voyage was on October 16, 1994, godmother - Madeleine Arison. On this vessel there is an art-antiques collection of items from the 17-18-19th centuries (themed Dutch exploration). In its Atrium area, it has a huge fountain (by G.Lebigre, Italy). This is the 2nd HAL ship with this name (the 1st Ryndam was 12340 t passenger ship - built 1901, scrapped 1929).
- (1994 accident) During its inaugural Alaskan season (while docked in port Juneau AK) a fire broke out in one of the ship's storage rooms on B Deck (reserved for crew cabins and service facilities). The fire resulted in minor damage, no injuries to crew, ship operations were not affected.
MS Ryndam itineraries
The Holland America Ryndam ship was transferred to P&O Australia, starting operations in November 2015. Before the transfer, the ship operated on the following itineraries: Caribbean cruises from Tampa Florida
- 7-day Western Caribbean - visiting Key West FL (or Cozumel Mexico), Roatan, Guatemala (Santo Tomas) and Costa Maya (Mexico)
- 14-day Southern Caribbean - visiting Half Moon Cay (Bahamas), Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Antigua, St Lucia, Curacao, Aruba and Grand Cayman
- (back-to-back) 14-day Western Caribbean (with Key West and Cozumel), and 21-day Western-Southern Caribbean.
North European cruises from Dover (England, UK)
- 7-day Norwegian Fjords
- 14-day Arctic (North Pole)
- 14-day Baltic Capitals
- 21-day back-to-back
- 19-day Canary Islands
- 20-day Western Mediterranean
Mediterranean Sea cruises
- 10-day Barcelona to Venice
- 17-day Venice to Athens
- 14-day Athens to Rome
- 7-day Rome to Barcelona
- 7-day round-trip Greek Isles and Turkey from Athens Greece
- 14-day back-to-back
15-16-day Transatlantic crossings on repositioning between Tampa and Barcelona.
Pacific Aria - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pacific AriaAdd Photo
Pacific Aria ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises Australia’s ship Pacific Aria completed a 12-day drydock refurbishment in Singapore with new furnishings and features...August 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises Australia offers 6 dedicated cruises to Papua New Guinea in its latest program, calling at Alotau, Rabaul, Kitava Island, ...May 3, 2018
A 33-year-old man faces court today accused of raping a woman onboard a cruise ship off Queensland. The man was arrested on Monday, May 1, when P...May 2, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A married cruise ship worker will have to be deported after his cruise ship left Cairns without him. 25-year-old Donald Nawe drunkenly groped...February 9, 2017
- show more news
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
Pacific Aria Itineraries
The below listed Pacific Aria cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 17||12 days, round-trip Fiji Adventure||Brisbane|
|2018 Jul 20||14 days, one-way from Brisbane to Singapore||Brisbane|
|2018 Aug 15||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Brisbane||Singapore|
|2018 Aug 29||5 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2018 Sep 03||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$798|
|2018 Sep 07||6 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2018 Sep 13||8 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu||Brisbane||$599|
|2018 Sep 21||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$649|
|2018 Sep 28||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$648|
|2018 Oct 05||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$495|
|2018 Oct 09||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$998|
|2018 Oct 19||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$749|
|2018 Oct 26||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$699|
|2018 Nov 02||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$798|
|2018 Nov 09||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$905|
|2018 Nov 16||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$658|
|2018 Nov 23||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$1312|
|2018 Nov 27||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$898|
|2018 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$649|
|2018 Dec 14||6 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$970|
|2018 Dec 20||8 days, round-trip Christmas||Brisbane||$1331|
|2018 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip New Years||Brisbane||$1644|
|2019 Jan 04||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$1048|
|2019 Jan 11||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$849|
|2019 Jan 18||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$631|
|2019 Jan 22||6 days, round-trip Australia Day||Brisbane||$599|
|2019 Jan 28||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$431|
|2019 Feb 01||3 days, round-trip Food & Wine||Brisbane||$349|
|2019 Feb 04||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$481|
|2019 Feb 08||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$649|
|2019 Feb 15||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$531|
|2019 Feb 19||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$998|
|2019 Mar 01||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$598|
|2019 Mar 08||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$598|
|2019 Mar 15||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$649|
|2019 Mar 22||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$481|
|2019 Mar 26||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$998|
|2019 Apr 05||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$899|
|2019 Apr 12||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$849|
|2019 Apr 19||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$661|
|2019 Apr 23||10 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu||Brisbane||$1078|
|2019 May 03||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$682|
|2019 May 10||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$648|
|2019 May 17||4 days, round-trip Hamilton Island||Brisbane||$578|
|2019 May 21||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane|
|2019 May 31||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$645|
|2019 Jun 07||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$698|
|2019 Jun 14||14 days, round-trip Bounty Adventure||Brisbane|
|2019 Jun 28||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$928|
|2019 Jul 05||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$982|
|2019 Jul 12||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$531|
|2019 Jul 16||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$1148|
|2019 Jul 26||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$762|
|2019 Aug 02||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$848|
|2019 Aug 09||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$581|
|2019 Aug 13||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$1198|
|2019 Aug 23||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$782|
|2019 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane||$848|
|2019 Sep 06||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays||Brisbane||$611|
|2019 Sep 10||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane||$1198|
|2019 Sep 20||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane||$982|
|2019 Sep 27||2 days, one-way from Brisbane to Sydney||Brisbane||$248|
|2019 Sep 29||9 days, round-trip Explore The Loyalty Islands||Sydney||$1331|
|2019 Oct 08||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$682|
|2019 Oct 12||3 days, round-trip Food & Wine||Sydney||$498|
|2019 Oct 15||10 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu||Sydney||$1198|
|2019 Oct 25||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Oct 29||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Nov 02||6 days, round-trip Melbourne Cup||Sydney||$929|
|2019 Nov 08||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Nov 12||11 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Sydney||$1098|
|2019 Nov 23||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Nov 27||10 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Sydney||$998|
|2019 Dec 07||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Sydney||$498|
|2019 Dec 10||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Dec 14||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2019 Dec 18||10 days, round-trip Christmas||Sydney||$1598|
|2019 Dec 28||10 days, round-trip New Years||Sydney||$1699|
|2020 Jan 07||8 days, round-trip A Taste Of New Caledonia||Sydney||$1182|
|2020 Jan 15||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$682|
|2020 Jan 19||5 days, round-trip Australian Open Tennis||Sydney||$739|
|2020 Jan 24||3 days, round-trip Australia Day||Sydney|
|2020 Jan 27||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2020 Jan 31||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Sydney||$499|
|2020 Feb 03||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$632|
|2020 Feb 07||2 days, one-way from Sydney to Melbourne||Sydney||$249|
|2020 Feb 09||5 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Melbourne||$631|
|2020 Feb 14||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Melbourne||$399|
|2020 Feb 17||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne||$531|
|2020 Feb 21||3 days, round-trip Food & Wine||Melbourne||$399|
|2020 Feb 24||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne||$531|
|2020 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Melbourne||$881|
|2020 Mar 06||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Melbourne||$399|
|2020 Mar 09||2 days, one-way from Melbourne to Adelaide||Melbourne||$249|
|2020 Mar 11||8 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Adelaide||$1032|
|2020 Mar 19||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$681|
|2020 Mar 23||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$681|
|2020 Mar 27||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Adelaide||$481|
|2020 Mar 30||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$681|
|2020 Apr 03||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Adelaide||$481|