Pride of Hull ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pride of Hull ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age : 18|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Hull-Rotterdam|
|Building cost||GBP 90 million (EUR 110 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||215 m / 705 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||59925 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Sister-ships||Pride of Rotterdam|
|Christened by||Cherie Blair|
Current position of Pride of Hull ferry
Review of Pride of Hull ferry
MS Pride of Hull ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the UK company P&O FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 1360 passengers, 250 cars and 400 lorries. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the UK-Holland ferry route Hull-Rotterdam (crossing time 10 hours).
As cruise ferry, Pride of Hull has cabins (passenger staterooms), all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship offers 2-berth and 4-berth (with bunk beds) standard cabins, which can be outside or inside with sea view.
Premier-class cabins are also outside or inside with sea view, offered as 2- and 5-berth (also with bunk beds). All Club-class cabins are with sea view and best deck location. They are also larger and with extra amenities, such as flat TV, phone, fresh fruits, tea/coffee making facilities.
All the 546 cabins (total beds number 1376) are located on Green Deck 10 (throughout), Blue Deck 9 (forward), Red Deck 8 (forward) and deck 7 (aft). Staterooms as categories also include Suite (6), Deluxe (9) and Family (5). The ship has 6 wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
All staff and crew cabins and facilities are on Crew Deck 11 (not accessible to passengers).
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
The ship's main passenger-accessible facilities include:
- Aft on Deck 7 a total of 53 truck driver staterooms (14 single, 39 twins) are located. Midship and forward is the passenger car deck area, with 2 lifts (passenger elevators) and stairs leading to Red Deck 8 above. the During the crossing, both lifts' access to car decks is disabled.
- On Red Deck 8 (lobby deck) are located Four Seasons Restaurant (aft, all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant), Casino (starboard), Sunset Show Lounge (forward-midship, 2-level bar lounge with stage and dance floor / lower level), Information Desk (24-hour reception / guest services), Bureau de Change (ATM / cashier services), 2 shops.
- On Blue Deck 9 are located Irish Bar (midship), Video Arcade (electronic games machines / portside), 2 Cinemas (midship-forward, tickets can be purchased from Information Desk on Red Deck 8), Shop (duty-free), Children's Wold (kids playroom / midship), Continental Cafe (Starbucks Coffee Bar), Langan's Brasserie (a la carte priced restaurant / aft-portside), Wine Bar, Quiet Room, Bussiness Lounge (conference centre), Freight Drivers Restaurant and Freight Drivers Lounge (both aft-starboard), Doctor's Office, Sunset Show Lounge (upper level).
- On Green Deck 10 are located only passenger cabins. The deck is accessed by 3 lifts and all 9 stairways.
- Crew Deck 11 is for staff and crew members exclusively (cabins and facilities).
- Aft on Skylounge Deck 12 is the Sky Lounge - a classy piano bar and a multi-functional venue allowing direct access to the ship's two teak-covered sun deck areas (aft port side and starboard). Sky Lounge also serves breakfast. On Deck 12 (midship) is the helipad - helicopter landing pad used in cases of emergency. On Deck 12 forward is the ship's Navigation Bridge.
- Aft on decks 7-8-9-10-11-12 there are outdoor / open-air deck areas.
Shopping at the onboard shops offers a wide choice of brand products at discounted prices in comparison to UK high street prices. Up to 40% discounts are offered on luxury perfumes, skincare, cosmetics. Up to 30% discounts are offered on alcohol (spirits, wines, beers). The shops also sell bestseller books, newspapers, magazines, toys, games,
The kids-dedicated area on Blue Deck 9 is a playroom equipped with games, toys, large TV (for watching videos). During summer holidays' family breaks, the ferry company provides onboard kids entertainment program with specially trained staff and supervised activities (painting, drawing, treasure hunts, arts, and crafts).
The garage deck (height 2,7 m / 9 ft) is accessed through a side entrance, separated from the main entrance. Freight decks are accessed via a stern door and a ramp.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
PandO mini-cruise deals from the UK
The cheapest PandO mini cruise ferry deals are 3-day / 2-night voyages from the UK to Holland and Belgium. Themed as "city breaks", PO mini cruise deals offer roundtrip departures from Hull to either Rotterdam (Amsterdam) or Zeebrugge (Brugge).
- Longer city breaks (duration up to 7-days / 6-nights) offer roundtrips to Hamburg (Germany), Bilbao (Spain) and La Rochelle (France).
- On mini cruises from the UK, P&O ferry passengers receive boarding cards (doubling as meal vouchers), cabin keycard and booklets with vouchers (for return check-in and bus transfers / if any). Boarding card with a suitcase icon on it means passengers can leave their luggage in the stateroom while disembarking the ship. This feature, however, must be confirmed at check-in.
The shipowner P&O Ferries (founded in 2002, headquartered in Dover England) is a UK ferry company operating on the shipping routes UK-France, UK-Ireland, UK-Holland (mini-cruises), UK-Belgium (mini-cruises) and Scotland-Northern Ireland. PO Ferries current fleet includes the ships European Causeway, European Endeavour, European Highlander, European Seaway, Norbank, Norbay, Pride of Bruges, Pride of Burgundy, Pride of Canterbury, Pride of Hull, Pride of Kent, Pride of Rotterdam, Pride of York, Spirit of Britain, Spirit of France.
Pride of Hull ferry wiki
By DWT-deadweight and GT tonnage (respectively, 10350 tons and 59925 tons), this Ro-Ro vessel (together with the sister-ship Pride of Rotterdam) is the world's largest ferry ever built. The construction was carried out at Fincantieri's shipbuilding yard Marghera (Venice Italy). Each vessel was built in less than 14 months.
Ship's power plant consists of four Wartsila marine diesel engines (model NSD 9L46C, combined power output 37,8 MW) plus two auxiliary Wartsila diesel engines (model 9L32, total power output 4050 MW). The propulsion consists of two skewed propellers (diameter 4,9 m / 16 ft) plus two bow thrusters (power output 2 MW).
Pride of Hull ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pride of Hull ferryAdd Photo
Pride of Hull ferry ship related cruise news
Other P&O FERRIES cruise ships
Pride of Hull ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review