RV Angkor Pandaw Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV Angkor Pandaw
|Year built||2012 / Age : 6|
|Owner||Pandaw River Expeditions|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Beam (width)||9 m / 30 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||580 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of RV Angkor Pandaw
RV Angkor Pandaw ship cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia departing from Bangkok, Hanoi and Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). The ship was built in Saigon and launched in 2012. It was once operated by Avalon Waterways under the name "Avalon Angkor", but in 2015 was replaced with Avalon Siem Reap.
The Angkor Pandaw ship is the industry's first Mekong River boat sailing full route from Saigon (Vietnam) to Siem Reap (Cambodia), and the reverse. This luxurious riverboat was designed specifically to go where other boats are unable to, without sacrificing any comforts and amenities its passengers expect from the premium Pandaw River Cruises company. Due to the ship's design (allowing full itineraries between Siem Reap and Saigon) are eliminated over 7 hours of motorcoach travel to and from the embarkation / disembarkation point,
Onboard Angkor Pandaw, Mekong cruise passengers can truly immerse themselves in the culture and sights along the river. This extraordinary vessel was made by traditional craftsmen. It is hand finished in teak and brass, with colonial charm. Time onboard delivers a refreshing experience, as all of the staterooms open to the open-air lounge and the outside.
- Passenger decks: 2 (out of 3)
- Cabin grades number: 2
- Total number of cabins: 16 (of which all are balcony staterooms)
- Tonle Deck (2) - Sun Deck (forward, and central with deck chairs), Bar/Library (serving premium spirits), Restaurant (dining room, open seating), 6x Category A cabins.
- Mekong Deck (1) - Navigation Bridge, Galley, 10x Category B cabins.
- Avalon Angkor ship's amenities - large open air deck area (shade system), top deck observation lounge, 24-hr self-serve drinks station (complimentary coffee, tea, soft beverages, local beer and spirits), finishings in brass-teak, head-sets (shore excursions, Certified Local Guide), English-speaking staff, Cruise Director, modern Fitness equipment.
- Dining - American breakfast, 9 lunches, 8 dinners plus a farewell dinner in Ho Chi Minh. Entertainment - a cooking class (in Ho Chi Minh), local entertainers and artisans, tour experts (onboard lectures).
- The current Avalon Waterways Mekong ship is Avalon Siem Reap. Also in Asia is the Avalon Myanmar, on Irrawaddy River (Burma and Thailand) with departures from Bangkok and Rangoon/Yangon.
- Similar itineraries on Mekong river cruises in Cambodia and Vietnam operated by other major lines in Asia are offered on Viking Mekong, (AmaWaterways) AmaLotus and AmaDara, Uniworld River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, (CroisiEurope) Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Staterooms Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 1 closet and armoire, private bathroom (full shower, sink, toilet, hairdryer, premium bath amenities), bathrobes, slippers, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding doors), individual climate control, mini bar, safe, alarm clock, pillow menu, Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary bottled water.
- Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Categories A (6, on Tonle Deck) and B (10, on Mekong Deck) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
Follows the list of the Avalon Angkor itineraries previously operated by Avalon Waterways:
- "FASCINATING VIETNAM, CAMBODIA AND MEKONG RIVER – SOUTHBOUND" - 14 DAY FROM THAILAND TO VIETNAM (BANGKOK TO HO CHI MIN CITY)
- "FASCINATING VIETNAM, CAMBODIA AND MEKONG RIVER – NORTHBOUND" - 14 DAY FROM VIETNAM TO THAILAND (HO CHI MINH TO BANGKOK).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.