Stena Superfast X ferry current position
Stena Superfast X ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 43.34074 N / 5.33345 E) cruising en route to Ajaccio. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Stena Superfast X ferry
|Year built||2002 / Age: 19|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||(HDW) Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (Kiel, Germany)|
|Class||fast cruiseferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Marseille-Corsica-Tunisia-Algieria|
|Building cost||EUR 130 million|
|Owner||Stena AB Group (via Stena RoRo)|
|Speed||27 kn / 50 kph / 31 mph|
|Length (LOA)||203 m / 666 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30285 gt|
|Sister-ships||Stena Superfast VII, Stena Superfast VIII, Atlantic Vision|
|Former names||Dieppe Seaways, Molière, SeaFrance Moliere, Jean Nicoli, Superfast X, A Nepita|
|Christened by||Patricia Lederer|
Stena Superfast X ferry Review
Review of Stena Superfast X ferry
MS Stena Superfast X ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel owned by the Sweden-based company STENA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 1200 passengers and 500 cars. The vessel was launched in 2002 and for STENA LINE operated the Ireland-Wales ferry route Dublin-Holyhead (crossing time 3 hours).
IMPORTANT: Since April 2020, the cruise ship Stena Superfast X is renamed to "A Nepita" and long-term chartered to CORSICA linea for the routes linking Corsica Island with Marseille France and the Arab Maghreb (Northwest Africa). Night ferry services include the lines Marseille-Tunisia, Marseille-Algieria, Marseille-Bastia Corsica.
During drydock 2020, the ship's passenger capacity was also increased with 100+ new staterooms.
As cruise ferry, Stena Superfast X has a total of 364 cabins (728 berths). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. Each cabin accommodates up to 2 passengers and offers as amenities double bed (Queen-size / non-convertible to twins), en-suite bathroom (WC / shower), HDTV, linens, towels, toiletries, tea-coffee making facilities, bottled water, comfortable seating area (sofa, armchair, low table, 2 large Picture Windows), desk (mirrored vanity table with chair), wardrobe, mini-fridge, free Wi-Fi. High chairs are available on request.
Stena Superfast X stateroom categories include:
- 2-berth Captain's Class / Twin Outside
- 2-berth Captain's Class "Disabled Cabin" / Twin Outside
- 2-berth Comfort Class / Twin Outside
- Pets (including in pet carriers) are not permitted in passenger cabins.
- All passengers must vacate their suites 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
For reserved seating, passengers can upgrade to the Stena Plus Lounge. Reserved seat deals are inclusive of airline type seats (fully reclining leather armchairs), complimentary hot and cold beverages (coffee, specialty teas, soft drinks, wine by the glass), snacks, newspapers, magazines.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Stena Superfast X ship offers:
- (deck 7) Metropolitan Grill Restaurant (serves hot food, fish and chips, pizza, pies. Kids menus, vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free meals are also available.
- (deck 7) Metropolitan Bar (also serves wine by the glass and European beers)
- (deck 8) Barista Coffee Bar (patisserie/specialty coffee bar selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yoghurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks)
- (deck 7) Children's Room (indoor soft play playground for kids) is fitted with large TV for watching cartoons, toys, and games, and offers supervised activities).
- (deck 8) Cinema (tickets can be purchased from Information Desk on Lobby Deck 7)
- (deck 7) Teen Town (video games room with arcade machines)
- (deck 8) Truckers Lounge (truck drivers only bar lounge and restaurant)
- (deck 8) POD Lounge, Magazine Lounge, Living Room, News Room (conference hall)
- (deck 7) Stena Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes and cosmetics, skincare products, leather goods, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, gadgets and electronics, designer watches, sunglasses and jewellery, convenience goods and travel essentials, deck 7). Onboard retail shopping promotions are often held and provide up to 50% discounted pricing on big brand merchandise.
- (deck 10) Pure Nordic Spa (Jacuzzi, male and female saunas)
- (deck 7) Casino (slot machines)
- (deck 7) Promenade Deck / outdoor smoking area
- Sun Deck (deck 10)
- free Wi-Fi service
- ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 7).
- Dog Hotel (booths for dogs with outdoor exercise area)
- Midship on the top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- All bars and lounges are fitted with large HDTVs and comfortable seating.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
STENA ferry deals
Follows a list of discounts and special offers provided by Stena Line (direct bookings only).
- On the routes Holland-UK (Hook of Holland-Harwich, day voyages only), Denmark-Norway (Frederikshavn-Oslo, Monday to Friday only), Denmark-Sweden (Grenaa-Varberg) and Germany-Sweden (Rugen Island / Sassnitz-Trelleborg and Rostock-Trelleborg), passengers can ferry caravans free of charge. This discount applies to the car plus caravan fares and can't be combined with other offers.
- Motorhomes can be ferried between UK and Holland priced as cars (day voyages only).
- STENA's train and ferry deals offer discounted pricing on train travel to London (fares subject to availability). STENA issues e-tickets (not separate train tickets) and the passenger's self-printed e-ticket serves as a train ticket. Dutch Railways tickets (to and from the port) can't be included in the ferry booking. These e-tickets are not valid on private UK rail carriers. Intercity Direct and ICE trains are with extra charge.
- Special meals (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal food, gluten- or lactose-free foods) can be pre-ordered on the UK-Holland route Harwich-Hook of Holland. All the ingredients used for these special meals are verified by their manufacturers. Vegetarian meals contain dairy products, eggs, vegetables. Muslim meals don't contain pork (or by-products) as well as food containing alcohol. Special food orders must be made 48 hours prior departure (via email upon booking or by calling +31 (0)174 - 315 811).
- In 2013, the ships Britannica and Hollandica were equipped each with 2 electric car charging points (3,7 kW 16A, Euro standard Type 2). However, these charging points can't be pre-booked. Charging an electric car on the ship is free of charge and takes 4-6 hours. Only on the ships Britannica and Hollandica are available to change machines (ATM by GWK Travelex) located in the lobby area (Deck 9, opposite the Reception Desk).
- Only on the ships serving the Denmark-Norway route (Frederikshavn-Oslo), there are power connections (at a fee) for caravan fridges and freezers.
- Hand luggage restrictions per person (carried in the ship's public areas) max dimensions 60x50x40 cm and up to 12 kg. Foot passengers are allowed to bring only 2 pieces of extra luggage (up to 20 kg), checked-in on day voyages (unless there is a booked cabin). Car passengers must leave their luggage in the vehicle. Remember that car decks are closed during the voyage. Any extra baggage will be surcharged.
- All STENA ships allow boarding with LPG-fueled vehicles ("liquefied petroleum gas").
- The company doesn't allow 36-weeks pregnant women to travel, as well as 34 weeks pregnant when expecting more than one baby.
- Passengers with restricted mobility will be assisted prior departure and also onboard. Such passengers must contact the company's staff at least 48 hours prior to departure (via email or by calling +31 (0)174-315811). Wheelchair passengers must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior to departure and go to the company's check-in desk.
- Bicycles can be ferried (at a fee) on all STENA ships and on all routes.
- Tickets with blank return date are not offered. However, it is possible to book "open ticket" with a temporary date, that can be changed later to the actual return date.
STENA LINE's deals are categorized as "Economy", "Flexi" and "Premium". ECONOMY fares are always the cheapest, but with an amendment fee and without refund for changes and cancellations. FLEXI fares allow changes to be made to your booking at no cost. Passengers only pay the difference in fare, with the option of a full refund for cancelling. PREMIUM fares (depending on routes) offer different bonus perks, such as express boarding and disembarkation, Stena Plus Lounge seats, included Breakfast. PREMIUM deals are not available on the routes Sassnitz / Rostock-Trelleborg, Grenaa-Varberg, Nynashamn-Ventspils (Latvia), and Travemunde-Liepaja (Latvia). PREMIUM fares on the route Hook of Holland-Harwich are inclusive of Stena Plus Lounge seat and Breakfast (on night voyages only).
Pets on the ship
Pets (dogs, cats, and ferrets) can be ferried on all STENA ships, but some requirements depend on the itinerary (destination).
- Pets are not allowed in passenger cabins unless the stateroom is "pet-friendly" (usually 2-bed dog's cabin).
- All ships have a dog toilet.
- At all times during the voyage, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, and never left alone.
- Guide dogs travel for free and are allowed on all passenger decks and in the owners' cabin (but must wear a harness or jacket).
On STENA ferries serving Scandinavian routes (to Sweden, Norway, Latvia) must have valid EU pet passport with standard information about the animal's identity, vaccinations (other treatments). Pets also must have approved microchip (or tattoo) and rabies vaccination by an authorized veterinarian. Pets travelling to Norway must be treated for tapeworm. Passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 1 hour prior to departure.
On STENA ferries to England and Ireland, passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior departure. For all other routes, this time is 1 - 1,5 hours. All animals are subject to the UK Pet Travel scheme rules and must be at least 15 weeks old. EU pet passport and microchips are required. Car passengers can ferry up to 5 animals (per vehicle). These cars receive a coloured hanger (placed on the windscreen rear-view mirror until customs are cleared in each port). Pets in vehicles must remain inside at all times. Foot passengers are allowed up to 5 pets, but the pre-booking of an onboard kennel is required. Children travelling with an animal must be 16 years old. When travelling with 6 or more animals, they must be at least 6 months old.
All STENA ships have onboard kennels, of which 7x big (100x97x94 cm), 2x medium-sized (100x64x108 cm) and 16x small (100x65x50 cm). All cabins provide TV monitoring of the kennels. Visits of the pet during the voyage are recommended.
Car decks (1 to 5) can be loaded on 2 levels with vehicle access from both bow and stern. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Stena Line (founded in 1962, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden) is one of the world's largest ferry companies, providing freight and travel services on the Northern Europe's routes that connect UK, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Poland. Stena Line current fleet includes the ships Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Scottish Viking, Adventurer, Britannica, EFlexer (Estrid, Edda), Europe, Flavia, Germanica, Hollandica, Horizon, Jutlandica, Scandica (ex Lagan), Baltica (ex Mersey), Nautica, Saga, Scandinavica, Skane, Spirit, Superfast 7, Superfast 8, Superfast 10, Vision.
The ship-charterer Corsica Linea (founded in 2016, headquartered in Ajaccio, Corsica) is a French shipping company operating exclusively on Mediterranean Sea routes connecting mainland France (Marseille) with Corsica Island (France), Sardinia Island (Italy) and North Africa (Arab Maghreb - Algeria and Tunisia). Corsica Linea current cruiseferry fleet includes the ships Jean Nicoli (1998), Mediterranee (1989), Monte d'Oro (1991), Paglia Orba (1994), Vizzavona (1999, fka Euroferry Corfu), Danielle Casanova (2002), Pascal Paoli (2003), Nepita (2002, fka Stena Superfast X).
Stena Superfast X ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Stena Superfast X ferryAdd Photo
Stena Superfast X ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The cruiseferry company Corsica Linea signed a long-term charter deal for Stena Superfast X ship. The cruiseferry will be first drydock refitted...February 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
STENA LINE revealed it will bring a new cruiseferry on the route Holyhead-Dublin. The company confirmed that the first of its new-built...June 11, 2018
- show more news
Other CORSICA LINEA cruise ships
Stena Superfast X ferry Wiki
The vessel is the last in a series of all 4 fast ferries built with ice-strengthened hulls. All ships were ordered by SUPERFAST FERRIES (Attica Group's subsidiary) for the company's Baltic Sea services. Superfast 10 was launched on November 18, 2000 (together with its sisters and fleet mates Superfast 7 and Superfast 9 / now Atlantic Vision) and delivered on February 26, 2002. The ferry initially operated the Finland-Germany route Hanko-Rostock, then (between May 2002 and February 2004) was deployed on the Scotland-Belgium route Edinburgh (Rosyth)-Zeebrugge.
In January-February 2004, the ship was reconstructed in Fosen (Norway) when more passenger cabins were added.
In August 2006, the ship was sold to Veolia Transport (fka Connex) and delivered on February 12, 2007, when was renamed to "Jean Nicoli". In April 2008, the ship was sold to SeaFrance and renamed "SeaFrance Moliere".
The ship is powered by four SULZER marine diesel engines (model NSD 16ZAV40S, combined output 46 MW) and three MAN diesel generators (model 8L28/32H, total power 5,54 MW). The propulsion system consists of two controllable pitch propellers (KaMeWa-Rolls-Royce), three bow thrusters (KaMeWa, combined power 2,78 MW) and one stern thruster (KaMeWa, 1,35 MW).
The vessel was France-flagged (MMSI 226269000) but in 2020 its flag-state was changed to UK (MMSI 235108315).
Stena Superfast X ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review