Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise port is a very popular cruise ship itinerary stop. Tenerife, the largest Canary Island, is located nearly 300 km away from the North West Africa’s coast. The island covers a total area of approx 2,034 km2 (785 ml2) and has a population of around 889,940 people (2014 census) which is 43% of the total population of Canary Islands.
- Tenerife cruise port is number one cruise port in the Canary Island and holds the second place in Spain, after Barcelona cruise port. It welcomes nearly a million tourists each year.
- About 5 million tourists visit the island of Tenerife each year, making it the most visited of the archipelago. It hosts one of the largest carnivals in the world and the Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is to be designated as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Served by 2 airports, Tenerife South Airport and Tenerife North Airport, Tenerife is the archipelago's economic centre.
- The city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the island's capital and the seat of the council (cabildo insular). It is capital of the autonomous Canary Islands community (shared with Las Palmas), which share governmental institutions like ministries and presidency. Between 1833 Spanish territorial division and 1927, Santa Cruz de Tenerife served as the sole capital of Canary Islands. It contains the modern Auditorio de Tenerife, Canary Islands' architectural symbol.
- The island is home to University of La Laguna. Established in San Cristobal de La Laguna in 1792, it is the oldest in the Canaries. The city, which is a A UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the 2nd to have been founded on the island, as well as the 3rd of the archipelago.
- Teide National Park, which is a World Heritage Site located in the center of the island, boasts the highest elevation of Spain, Teide, the highest of the Atlantic Ocean islands, and the 3rd-largest volcano in the world. Also on the island, since 2015 Macizo de Anaga has been designated as UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. It features the largest number of endemic species found in Europe.
Highlights: Santa Cruz, Exotic Gardens, Mt Teide Volcanic Park, Resorts
Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise terminal
Tenerife cruise port (or Puerto de Santa Cruz de Tenerife in Spanish) is one of the deepest ports in the world. It is located in the Santa Cruz de Tenerife harbor, on the north-east seacoast. The beautiful Anaga Mountains surround the Tenerife cruise port, the city center is less than one kilometer away. There are a lot of attractions right “at the gates of the Tenerife’s port.” Other are just in walking distance of the Tenerife cruise port terminal.
The bus service in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is excellent, it is also easy to pick a taxi almost everywhere.
The Tenerife cruise port is 10 kilometers away from Tenerife North Airport and 60 kilometers away from the Tenerife South Airport.
One of the busiest days for the Tenerife cruise port terminal was September 26, 1993 when more than forty-five thousands people came to Michael Jackson‘s concert, part of the Dangerous World Tour of the superstar.
The port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife can accommodate some of the world’s largest ship.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Museum of Open Air Sculptures: discover great Henry Moore, Miró, Alfaro and Chirino exhibitions. Start you art tour in Las Ramblas, pass trough the Las Asuncionistas School and finish at the Park García Sanabria.
- Tenerife Auditorium: Santiago Calatrava designed that trendy Santa Cruz building. You can spend you time listening to live musical performances right on the sea promenade.
- Santa Cruz Public Library: La Granja Park houses the great documents collection of all times and all kinds. You can find local authors works, visit an exhibition or go to a theater.
- Fine Arts Circle: a center for avant-garde artworks. You can visit painting and photography exhibitions.
- Plaza de la Candelaria: located right across the famous Plaza de España. On the small area of the both squares you will find Olympo Building, Casino Cruz, Carta Palace, Chamber of Commerce and more Santa Cruz de Tenerife sights.
- San Cristóbal Castle: fot those who love history – a section of the castle, who defended Santa Cruz. You can reach the castle from the underground exhibition from Plaza de España.
- Museum of Man and Nature: discover the Guanches, the Canary Islands aboriginal inhabitants, and the Canary’s history through artefacts exhibitions. The Museum of Man and Nature is situated at the Plaza de Europa.
- San Cristobal de la Laguna: the original capital city of Tenerife. Probably the island’s most charming town. You can see the oldest university, cathedral and church of Tenerife. Also you can enjoy traditional cuisine at the local restaurants or rest at the amazing beaches on the coastline.
Port Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands.
If you lose the Santa Cruz de Tenerife location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.