Carnival Panorama Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Panorama
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 800 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||322 m / 1056 ft|
|Beam (width)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||133500 gt|
|Passengers||3930 - 4716|
|Decks with cabins||12|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Vista, Carnival Horizon|
Review of Carnival Panorama
Launched in November2019, Carnival Panorama cruise ship is the third Vista-class (modified Dream-class) vessel in the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet. Carnival's Vista-class vessels are the fleet's most family-friendly, featuring the company's largest kids- and family staterooms, dedicated facilities and amenities. Panorama is the fleet's 27th vessel, with sister-ships Carnival Vista (2016) and Carnival Horizon (2018).
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 133,500-ton, 4000-passenger cruise ship Carnival Panorama offers all Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 details, plus many first at sea features, including the Multiplex (the first at sea IMAX theater with a 3-deck large screen); Skyride (extraordinary peddled roller coaster bike ride); Havana cabins complex (with pool, lounge and its own bar); Family Harbor staterooms; the biggest SportsSquare sport complex; Fun Ship 2.0’s BlueIguana Cantina, RedFrog Bar and Alchemy Bar; new show programming; Carnival Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Panorama itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from homeport Long Beach (Los Angeles CA). The ship's deployment was announced on February 10, 2018, making it the first newbuild Fun Ship based in California in 20 years. The news was announced officially during the re-opening of Carnival's Long Beach Cruise Terminal.
From Long Beach, the ship operates on 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises.
Most Carnival Panorama staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (678), oceanview (293), balcony (880, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet) and Suite (72). Horizon also offers 60 Cloud 9 Spa cabins and 35 wheelchair accessible rooms. All Carnival Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to private Spa facilities on Panorama Deck. Cloud 9 Spa rooms feature the following amenities: Spa reservations, complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, fitness classes and deluxe bath amenities.
Carnival Cruise Line’s upcoming cruise ship, Carnival Panorama, just like her Vista-class sister-ships has a brand new stateroom category named aft-view extended balcony cabin which is exclusive to vessel's Family Harbor area. Additionally, Carnival Panorama offers 18 tropics-inspired staterooms situated within the well known Havana section. Just like the other 86 staterooms found within Family Harbor, the brand new aft-view extended balcony cabins boast a colorful nautical theme and is situated adjacent to ship's Family Harbor Lounge, which is the ultimate family hangout with large TVs and complimentary snacks and breakfast. Located aft on Deck 6, 8 and 9, the Havana staterooms offer exclusive access to Havana area which includes a Cuban-themed bar and pool. They also feature vibrant interiors reminiscent of Cuba's capital.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Panorama offers two main dining rooms, Horizons and Reflections. Horizons hosts a small bar suited for pre-dinner drinks. The main dining rooms feature select items from the onboard steakhouse, available for an additional fee. Panorama also has a Lido buffet. Seafood lovers are pampered with the Seafood Shack - brand new to Carnival fleet, New England-inspired casual eatery located on ship's top deck. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating and the menu includes steamed lobster, lobster rolls, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes and other seafood surprises. Seafood Shack serves lunch and dinner and is priced a la carte starting at $4.
The ship has a Japanese specialty restaurant named Bonsai Teppanyaki. The new dining venue is located within the Bonsai Sushi restaurant on Promenade Deck.
- The restaurant offers a menu with authentic Far East dishes. A special feature is the live cooking show performed by its talented chefs operating at custom-built stations located at the center of an 8-seat table. Due to its limited seating, reservations are required.
- Each meal at Bonsai Teppanyaki starts with sampling of 5 appetizers (Miso Soup, Pork Belly Yakitori, Spicy Tuna on Rocks). Combo dinners are also offered. Each meal ends on a note courtesy of Chocolate Bento Box and Green Tea Ice Cream. The restaurant is open for lunch (sea days only) and for dinner (every night). Price (cover charge) is per person and covers the entire meal.
The available on all Fun ships Chef's Table is a dining experience that affords a dozen guests to experience multicourse dinner with the master chef, private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. This dining option usually takes place in a non-traditional venue, like the library or the galley, and can be booked onboard for US$75 per person.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Panorama restaurants and food bars.
- Reflections Restaurant (1474-seat, complimentary MDR; the bigger of ship’s two main dining rooms; offers two fixed dinner seatings and open seating Breakfast and Lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts costs $5 cover charge)
- Horizon’s Restaurant (702-seat; offers formal dining with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining” between 5:45-9:30p.m.)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant), including Bonsai Teppanyaki
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (barbeque & grill restaurant)
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (specialty restaurant, with “Chef’s Table” dining)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (poolside burger bar)
- Bluelguana Cantina (poolside Mexican fast food bar)
- Lido Marketplace (825-seat self-service buffet restaurant)
- Pizzeria del Capitano (24-hour pizzeria restaurant)
- Seafood Shack (offers indoor and outdoor seating, lobster and shrimp; a la carte priced)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian Trattoria)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (specialty Asian restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The fun onboard Carnival Panorama starts with SkyRide, industry's first open-air, pedal-powered aerial ride. Riders have to climb onboard a hanging bike and "cycle" their way around the 800ft suspended track, 150 feet above sea level.
If you consider that SkyRide does not provide the needed adrenaline-pumping action, SkyCourse ropes circuit do. Both SkyCourse and SkyRide are part of the SportSquare, which also features an indoor hangout, mini-bowling, The Clubhouse, Ping-Pong, sports video gaming, arcade basketball and more.
The following official YouTube video reviews Carnival's Vista-class vessels as facilities and onboard amenities.
The Panorama cruise ship offers an expanded "Seuss at Sea" kids program with its "Dr Suess WaterWorks" (themed water park). The aquapark has 2 distinctly different waterslides (location Deck 12).
- The "Cat in the Hat" waterslide (named "Kaleid-O-Slide" on Carnival Vista) is an enclosed raft slide with length 137 m (450 ft) and several twists and turns. The slide's entrance is a giant replica of the cat's red-and-white hat. The waterslide is colored in red and white, making it one of the ship's most destinctive features.
- The "Fun Things" waterslide (named after the troublemakers Thing 1 and Thing 2) is an enclosed body slide, it features a polka dot-motif and has length of 65 m (213 ft).
- Dr Seuss theme characters decorate the entire waterpark area. Numerous memorable phrases from the Dr Seuss books are displayed on the clear partitions surrounding the aqua park facility. Dr Seuss' presence is featured in other parts of Carnival Horizon, including the signature Dr Seuss Bookville kids play area, also at all themed special events, including Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast, Story Time, the Seuss-A-Palooza Parade (promenade event).
Follows the complete list of Carnival Panorama lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Family Harbor Lounge (a new, dedicated to families space with 24-hour complimentary dining, concierge and babysitting service, movies, video games, board games by Hasbro)
- Liquid Lounge (1400-seat, 2-level show lounge, with “Playlist Productions” and “Hasbro Game Shows”)
- Horizon Atrium (3-deck high midship lounge area with LED screens, live-performances, visual displays; served by 100-seat Horizon Lobby Bar)
- Shopping Arcade (with two Boutique Shops and two Fun Shops); Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop; Dream Photo Studio; Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Horizon Casino (484-seat)
- Limelight Lounge
- Lanai promenade (with 60 outdoor seats, served by Lanai Bar-BQ Bar)
- FunHub (Internet room)
- Shake Spot; Taste Bar; Havana Bar; Clubhouse & Bar; JavaBlue Café
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge served by 50-seat Plaza Cafe)
- Havana Outside (Havana pool area with one swimming pool, two whirlpools, palm threes)
- Carnival Multiplex (includes IMAX and Thrill cinemas)
- Thrill Theatre (5D cinema room)
- IMAX Theater (the first IMAX at sea, with 3-deck high screen)
- Circle C (kids club lounge); Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside Mexican bar)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (also serves the ThirstyFrog Red draught beer)
- (new) Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse / Brewhouse is an open-air complimentary restaurant for a variety of BBQ favorites (with shipboard-smoked meats) and house-made craft beers. The menu features pork butt, blue ribbon chicken, sliced smoked beef, Guy Fieri's traditional sides and gourmet burgers, variety of BBQ sauces, hot sauce bar. Signature menu items are named Mac Daddy Mac'n Cheese, Old Skool Potato Salad, Scratch-Made Slaw, Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey, Molasses Baked Beans with Bacon and Burnt Ends. The new complimentary eatery is via partnership with celebrity chef Guy Fieri. The other Fun Ship with a brewery is Carnival Vista.
- Tides Pool (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area; served by Tides Bar)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Dr Seuss Bookville (family-themed kids room with all Dr Seuss books available to read; offers games and themed activities)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- Carnival WaterWorks (water-play outdoor area with AquaPark, Twister waterslide, Kaleid-O-Slide)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen)
- SportSquare (outdoor sporting area); SkyGreens (mini golf); Jogging Track
- SkyFitness (outdoors)
- SkyRide (“bicycle ride in the sky”)
- SkyCourse (suspended ropes course)
- Serenity Retreat (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area).
Carnival Panorama wiki
- Passenger decks: 13
- Cabin grades number: 34
- Total number of cabins: 1823 (of which 72 Suites, 880 Balcony, 293 Oceanview, 723 Inside, 35 wheelchair accessible, 61 Cloud 9 Spa cabins)
- Dining Rooms: Reflections (1474-seat), Horizon’s (702-seat)
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido Marketplace (buffet), Cucina del Capitano (Italian), Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse), Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Bonsai (sushi), Fat Jimmy's (BBQ), Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican), Guy's Burger.
- Lounges & Bars: Limelight, Liquid (1400-seat theater and nightclub), Ocean Plaza, The Library, BlueIguana Tequila, RedFrog Rum (pub), Pizzeria del Capitano, Seafood Shack, Sports Bar, Piano Bar, Havana Bar, Taste Bar, Shake Spot.
- Serenity adult-only retreat area, Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, 6 jacuzzis, 3 pools, WaterWorks aqua park, Sport Square, SkyTrack, SkyFitness (gym), SkyGreens (mini golf), SkyRide (aerial attraction), Skycourse (rope course), Club O2 (teens), Circle C (kids), Camp Ocean (kids play area), Dr Seuss Bookville, IMAX Theater (large movie screen), Seaside Theater (outdoor), Thrill (5D Cinema), FunHub (Internet room), 3-deck Atrium, Horizon Casino, Cherry on Top (candies shop), The Lanai (promenade /outdoor seating, BQ Bar).
- By gross tonnage, Carnival Panorama is the largest vessel in the Carnival fleet - together with the sister-ships Carnival Vista and Carnival Horizon. These new ships feature the exclusive Multiplex media entertainment complex (IMAX theater - 3-deck large screen for first run movies, plus 3D Thrill cinema), SkyRide (roller coaster with multiple riding bicycles on two paralleled tracks), larger SportsSquare complex, Havana Outside complex (pool, jacuzzies, bar, new Havana cruise accommodations), Family Harbor staterooms (with its own family-themed lounge /24-hour dining, concierge, babysitting, entertainment).
- Among the ship's interior design features is the “Dreamscape”. This is an Atrium-located LED sculpture created by kids hospitalized in St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis TN, USA). The 3-deck high artwork was designed by the company Techno Media and consists of 33 different creations, The sculpture's centerpiece has over 2000 flexible LED (custom-made) tiles. This funnel-shaped central part has heigth of 24 ft (7,3 m). The artwork is rotating, with patterns based on day time, cruise port of call or special occasion.
- On January 10, 2018, was the vessel's keel-laying ceremony held at Marghera shipyard, officially starting the ship's construction.
Carnival Panorama ship related cruise news
While celebrating the reopening of Long Beach Cruise Terminal, Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy made announcements about plans to...February 11, 2018
Carnival Panorama was chosen as the name of Carnival Cruise Line's brand new 133,500-ton ship due to debut in fall 2019. Carnival Panorama is the...December 2, 2017
- show more news