Le Lyrial Review and Specifications
Specifications of Le Lyrial
|Year built||2015 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 150 million|
|Owner||BridgePoint Capital Group|
|Operator||Compagnie du Ponant Cruises|
|Speed||16 kn / 30 kph / 18 mph|
|Length (LOA)||142 m / 466 ft|
|Beam (width)||18 m / 59 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||10700 gt|
|Passengers||224 - 264|
|Decks with cabins||6|
Review of Le Lyrial
Launched in 2015, Le Lyrial is the newest in a series of four identical Compagnie du Ponant cruise ships, together with L'Austral, Le Boreal and Le Soleal. All these vessels feature ice-strengthened hulls, sleek-design superstructures, Zodiacs for ship-to-shore landing and coastal cruising itinerary routes (featuring overnight stays, long port days and late evening departures).
History - construction & ownership
Compagnie du Ponant (CDP is a French cruise ship operator. Ponant company was founded by Jean-Emmanuel Sauvé, Philippe Videau, and other officers of the French Merchant Navy in April 1988 and launched the first French cruise ship. CDP currently operates five ships, all of which under the French flag. Compagnie du Ponant is dedicated to soft adventure cruising. Half of its fleet is based in Antarctica from December to March. It offers offbeat itineraries around the whole world, especially in the Caribbean, Mediterranean and Asia.
The 10,700-ton, 264-passenger cruise ship Le Lyrial is named after the Lyra constellation. Its interior decor is inspired by the Vega star (in Lyra constellation). The elegant yacht has 6 decks, casual grill restaurant and chic main dining room, open decks, classy evening entertainment, multiple observation areas (onboard elevators service decks 2 to 6).
Cruise itinerary program
Le Lyrial itinerary program is based on cruises in Europe (the Mediterranean Inaugural season, with departures from Greece and Italy), and Antarctica cruises leaving from Argentina, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Le Lyrial staterooms are 200-sq.foot Prestige cabins (51). There are a total of 132 staterooms in 8 categories, and 94% of all are with private balconies. The largest aboard Le Lyrial is the Owner’s Suite (590 ft2). All staterooms provide individual air conditioning and twin beds/sofa converting to a queen-size bed. Other amenities include flat TVs with satellite channels, video on demand, electronic safe, mini-bar and iPod docks.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Le Lyrial cruise ship is small enough and provides a truly intimate experience. This special yacht is ideally suited to visit ports of call that bigger ships cannot reach. On board, Le Lyrial offers two restaurants – the casual Le Grill and the Gastronomic restaurant (the main dining room serving international and French cuisine).
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial restaurants and food bars.
- Gastronomic Restaurant (“Le Coromandel”, 268-seat, ship’s MDR; serves International upscale cuisine; offers open-seating dining, with buffet-style breakfast and lunch, waiter served dinner)
- Grill Restaurant (“Le Rodrigues”, offers open-seating buffet breakfast and lunch, served dinner; has an outdoor seating area).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Following the design of her sisters Le Boreal, L'Austral and Le Soleal, the latest cruise ship in the Ponant's fleet, Le Lyrial, has been specially designed for cruising in yacht style to the most exotic and remote world's areas. The cruise ship is equipped with dozen Zodiac rafts which take the passengers on outings in expedition style. The vessel features a small fitness, three lounges, SPA and a theater.
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Marina (water sports platform; offers mostly swimming; it is used only when Le Lyrial is anchored and the sea is calm)
- Le Lyrial Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area; features a chandelier with Swarovski crystals)
- Main Lounge (“Karikal Lounge”, with large-size LED screen and floor-ceiling windows; offers early breakfast, specialty teas and coffees, Afternoon Tea complemented with gourmet cookies and fine chocolates; evening entertainment features live performances by resident singer and pianist and an art auction, once per Le Lyrial cruise; the outdoor aft terrace is the only one smoking area on board)
- Boutique Shop (esigner clothing, luxury jewelry, Ponant logo merchandise, special occasion gifts)
- Theatre (main show lounge for music and dance shows)
- Wellness Centre (Spa, Balneo Room, Hammam, Massage Room, Beauty Corner, Hair Salon, Shower Room, Relaxation Room, a spacious terrace)
- The Fitness (gym room with panoramic windows)
- Leisure Area (has a small kids playroom, Photo Gallery and Internet stations)
- Image & Photo Desk
- Swimming pool’s sunbathing area (with luxury loungers)
- Panoramic Lounge & Bar (with an Internet corner, grand piano, Library, “Panoramic Terrace” - served by the Panoramic Bar, it is the ship’s late-night “disco”)
- Sun Deck (open-air sunbathing area, served by the“Le Comptoir”bar, with luxury loungers, padded chairs, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf)
- Zodiacs (inflatable boats).
Le Lyrial wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 122 (all of which Outside, 114 Balcony, 24 Suites)
- Dining Rooms: Gastronomic Restaurant (268-seat).
- Restaurants and food bars: Grill Restaurant (al fresco, buffet lunch, themed dinner).
- Lounges & Bars: Panoramic Lounge, Main Lounge, Open-Air bar.
- Beauty Corner Sothys: Balneo, Hammam, Massage, Hairdresser, Leisure area, Fitness, Pool, Internet station, Panoramic terrace, Image & Photo desk (partnership with Philippe Plisson), Theater, Shop, Excursion desk, Reception desk, Medical center, Library.
- Le Lyrial cruise ship is the latest addition to Compagnie du Ponant's fleet of luxury cruise yachts. The vessel will be launched in Spring 2015, and is the 4th of the Ponant Cruises yacht-style expedition ships. She will join her similarly designed sisters Le Boreal (2010), L’Austral (2011) and Le Soleal (2013). ms Le Lyrial's Inaugural Cruise was scheduled for April 2015. The new yacht's itinerary visited the Mediterranean before heading to the Antarctica.
- The "Le Lyrial" name refers to the northern hemisphere's Lyra constellation. The ship's interior designer is the architect Jean-Philippe Nuel. The "luxury yachting” feel aboard is inspired by the blue light of the Lyra constellation's Vega star.
- The ship is a certified "Cleanship", like her sisters. She boasts a modern marine propulsion system, which provides smooth and quiet voyage by creating reduced engine noise and little vibration. The vessel's hull design prevents contact with seabeds that are much environmentally sensitive.
Other Compagnie du Ponant cruise ships
Le Lyrial Itineraries 2017
The below listed Le Lyrial cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Compagnie du Ponant fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
05 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip The Best of Croatia
12 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus
26 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia
|26 Sep||Departing from Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|28 Sep||Delos Island, Greece|
|28 Sep||Patmos Island, Greece|
|29 Sep||Santorini Island, Greece|
|30 Sep||Corinth Canal, Greece|
|30 Sep||Itea, Greece|
|01 Oct||Katakolon, Olympia, Greece|
|02 Oct||Giardini-Naxos, Sicily, Italy|
|03 Oct||Naples, Italy|
|04 Oct||Arriving in Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
03 October 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus
10 October 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia
29 October 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Santa Cruz de Tenerife
|29 Oct||Departing from Lisbon, Portugal|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 15:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Casablanca, Morocco|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||At Sea|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|04 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
|05 Nov||Arriving in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands|
03 December 2017 10 nights / 11 days, round-trip Emblematic Antarctica
|03 Dec||Departing from Buenos Aires (flight)|
|03 Dec||Departing from Ushuaia, Argentina|
|05 Dec||Drake Passage, Antarctica|
|06 Dec||Drake Passage, Antarctica|
|07 Dec||Neko Harbor, Antarctica|
|08 Dec||Pleneau Island, Antarctica|
|09 Dec||Wiencke Island, Port Lockroy, Antarctica|
|10 Dec||Half Moon Island, Antarctica|
|10 Dec||Deception Island, Antarctica|
|11 Dec||Weddell Sea|
|12 Dec||Drake Passage, Antarctica|
|13 Dec||Drake Passage, Antarctica|
|14 Dec||Ushuaia, Argentina|
|14 Dec||Arriving in Buenos Aires (flight)|
Le Lyrial Itineraries 2018
The below listed Le Lyrial cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Compagnie du Ponant fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
03 March 2018 21 nights / 22 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Cape Town
|03 Mar||Departing from Buenos Aires (flight)|
|03 Mar||Departing from Ushuaia, Argentina|
|05 Mar||At Sea|
|06 Mar||Jason Islands, Falkland Islands|
|06 Mar||New Island, Falkland Islands|
|07 Mar||Saunders Island, Falkland Islands|
|08 Mar - 09 Mar||At Sea|
|10 Mar||South Georgia Island, Grytviken, British Antarctica (Fortuna Bay)|
|11 Mar||South Georgia Island, Grytviken, British Antarctica|
|12 Mar||South Georgia Island, Grytviken, British Antarctica|
|13 Mar - 16 Mar||At Sea|
|17 Mar||Tristan da Cunha Island, UK|
|18 Mar||Nightingale Island, UK|
|19 Mar||Gough Island, UK|
|20 Mar - 23 Mar||At Sea|
|24 Mar||Cape Town, South Africa|
|25 Mar||Arriving in Cape Town, South Africa|
24 March 2018 8 nights / 9 days, one-way from Cape Town to Durban
|24 Mar||Departing from Cape Town, South Africa|
|26 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Cape Town, South Africa|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||At Sea|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Port Elizabeth, South Africa (Overnight)|
|29 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|30 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||At Sea|
|31 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Richard's Bay, South Africa|
|01 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Durban, South Africa (Overnight)|
|02 Apr||Arriving in Durban, South Africa|
23 August 2018 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip The Best of Croatia
|23 Aug||Departing from Venice, Italy|
|25 Aug||Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia|
|26 Aug||Sibenik, Croatia|
|26 Aug||Split, Croatia|
|27 Aug 07:00 - 27 Aug||Dubrovnik, Croatia (Overnight)|
|28 Aug - 08:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|28 Aug||Kotor, Montenegro|
|29 Aug||Hvar Island, Hvar, Croatia|
|30 Aug||Pula, Croatia|
|30 Aug||Rovinj, Croatia|
|31 Aug||Arriving in Venice, Italy|