SS Catherine Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Catherine
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop (Holland)|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||80 - 159|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Catherine Deneuve|
Review of SS Catherine
The Uniworld "Super Ship" Catherine boat cruises on Saone and Rhone rivers in Provence and Burgundy (wine regions in southern France). Departures are from Avignon and Lyon. UNIWORLD also offers combined B2B itineraries with departures from Paris France. They include a Seine river cruise from Paris (roundtrip on the UNIWORLD ship River Baroness), then TGV (speed-train) travel Paris to Macon and bus travel to Lyon (for embarkation). Another set offers back-to-back itineraries including a Dordogne and Garonne river cruise from Bordeaux (roundtrip on the UNIWORLD ship River Royale).
SS Catherine cruise ship is a brand new Uniworld ship, christened during a fantastic ceremony on March 27, 2014. She is a sister ship of S.S. Antoinette and is currently one of the largest ships in Uniworld's fleet. Cruising throughout France, this luxury river ship offers three full decks with elegant and cozy public areas.The Leopard Lounge boasts leopard-print furnishings and other interesting jungle-like elements. The mosaic-tiled Serenity River Spa and pool, fitness center, boutique, main restaurant with al fresco dining terrace and bistro for a relaxed experience, free Wi-Fi and 24-hour specialty coffee bar are among the other exciting amenities on board SS Catherine. Each of SS Catherine staterooms comes with a built-in closet, flat-screen TV, designer bed, and marble bath. Middle and top deck cabins offer French balconies. All suites provide additional amenities, including butler services.
SS Catherine river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld France cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Saone and Rhone river cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
SS Catherine wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 80 (of which 6 Suite)
- Restaurants: Cézanne Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Van Gogh Lounge (featuring a full-service Bar), Bar du Leopard (full-service Bar)
- Gordes Terrace, Matisse Terrace, Sun Deck, heated swimming pool, Serenity Spa, Fitness Center, laundry, elevator, free Internet and Wi-Fi, 24h specialty coffee and tea bar.
- SS Catherine ship is one of the Uniworld's newest boats owned by this major European river cruise line. All cabins located on the Camargue Deck have full open-air balconies which, with a touch of a button, are transformed into an enclosed conservatory lounge. All Avignon Deck cabins have French balconies. This luxury boat's most distinctive feature is the glassed-in swimming pool.
- The other two Uniworld super ships are named SS Antoinette, SS Joie de Vivre and SS Maria Theresa.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.