SS Joie de Vivre Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Joie de Vivre
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop (Holland)|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1500 gt|
|Passengers||64 - 128|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of SS Joie de Vivre
The luxury river cruise company Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection adds a brand-new "super ship" in 2017. Uniworld will christen its next riverboat SS Joie de Vivre, in March 2017. The 128-passenger vessel is line's first "super ship" to sail on Seine River in France, and able to dock in the heart of Paris. The Uniworld's other super ships are Antoinette, Catherine and Maria Theresa.
Uniworld’s newest ship reflects the French philosophy “joy of living” and nation’s profound appreciation for art, music, food and wine. French inspired handcrafted furniture features rich fabrics, art, antiques, wrought-iron and gilded accents mix with contemporary conveniences onboard the new river boat, which also features superb local wines and the Uniworld’s farm-to-table cuisine.
The Salon de Beaux-Arts lounge shows a collection of antiques and fine art curated from auction houses like Christie’s and Sotheby’s, as well as private art collections. Le Club l’Esprit boasts a cinema and surrounding pool with hydraulic floor, turning into a dance floor/outdoor cinema at night. Joie de Vivre cruise ship dining venues include the elegant Le Restaurant Pigalle and the vinoteque La Cave de Vins for wine-pairing dinners and private dining.
SS Joie de Vivre sailing program offers the popular “Paris & Normandy” itinerary. Cruises include scheduled airport transfers; port charges; all gratuities onboard/onshore; all meals with unlimited beverages (craft beers, superb local wines, premium spirits); daily guided shore excursions; concierge services; in-suite butler service; 24-hour room service; Wi-Fi.
SS Joie de Vivre river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Rhine River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
SS Joie de Vivre wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 7
- Total number of cabins: 64 (of which 10 Suite)
- Restaurants: Le Restaurant Pigalle (Main dining room), Bistro Saint-Germain, Cafe Flore
- Lounges & Bars: Salon Toulouse (lounge featuring a dance floor and full-service Bar), Le Cinema Pigalle
- Sun Deck (with L'Orangerie Sky Lounge), Boutique, Serenity River Spa, heated enclosed swimming pool, full-size checkerboard (on sundeck Deck de Montmartre), marble-lined cabin bathrooms, pillow menu, laundry, elevator, free Internet and Wi-Fi, 24h specialty coffee and tea bar, 24h reception service, professional butlers.
- SS Antoinette ship is one of the new Uniworld boats owned by this major river cruise company. Staterooms and suites on deck La Princesse are with full balconies, which can be easily transformed into an enclosed conservatory-like sun lounge area. This Uniworld ship also has the industry's first 20-seat 3D cinema on board.
- The other Uniworld super ships are named SS Antoinette, SS Catherine and SS Maria Theresa.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.