Scenic Sapphire Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Sapphire
|Year built||2008 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyards (Holland)|
|Owner||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2720 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 167|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Catriona Rowntree|
Review of Scenic Sapphire
The Scenic Sapphire boat cruises on Saone and Rhone rivers in Provence and Burgundy (wine regions in southern France). Departures are from Chalon (on Saone River) and Tarascon (on Rhone River). Itineraries with Paris (France) are inclusive of TVG (speed-train) travel to or from Chalon (for embarkation / disembarkation). Itineraries with Barcelona (Spain) are inclusive of air travel to or from Tarascon (for embarkation/disembarkation).
Scenic Sapphire was launched in 2008 as a member of Scenic Cruises “space ships” fleet. The extraordinary “space ship” class design offers plentiful cabin and public space, as well as one of the highest in industry passenger space ratio. A signature feature of all Scenic "space ships" are the cabin balconies called “Sun Lounges”. These are outdoor terraces which easily convert into indoor lounge areas.
Scenic Sapphire's standout features include “Sun Lounge” balconies, simultaneously making the staterooms feel large and make the balcony usable in inclement weather. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fare. The additional amenities include television-Mac computers in every cabin, glassed-in showers, L’Occitane products and fluffy bathrobes.
On all (price-inclusive) Scenic cruise tours and excursions ashore, guests receive GPS tracking devices (called ScenicTailorMade) with uploaded digital maps. They also double as listening devices for the live narration by the line's local expert tour guides provided on all group travel excursions. Binoculars and bicycles are also provided complimentary to fully enjoy the scenery everywhere along the Scenic river cruise itinerary route.
Scenic river cruise deals are among the industry's most all-inclusive. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fares. Even the drinks in cabins' mini-bars are complimentary. Scenic Tours cruises traditionally attract travelers from Australia and the UK, with a constantly growing number of Americans, Canadians and Germans. Passengers are 55+, financially comfortable and well traveled.
Scenic Sapphire cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals.
Scenic Sapphire wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 14
- Total number of cabins: 85 (of which 70 balcony suites).
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant, Portobellos (Italian), Riverview Terrace (al fresco), Table la Rive (Sapphire Deck, for Suite passengers only)
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge, River Cafe
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop, elevator (connecting all cabin decks).
- Scenic Sapphire cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- In the Scenic fleet, the river ship Sapphire has other “Space-Ships” sisters with the same design - Diamond, Pearl, Ruby and Emerald.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - RA, R (x4, deck3), RJ, BJ (x6, deck2&3), A, B, BA, C, P, PA (x58, deck2&3), BS (x1, deck2)
- Window Staterooms - D, E (x15, deck1).
- More than 80% of the accommodations feature full-size balconies. Every room has a “Scenic Slumber Bed” that is queen-size, with fine linens and a menu of pillows. Junior and Royal Suites offer butler service.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Scenic Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Sapphire Itineraries 2017
The below listed Scenic Sapphire cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
29 June 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Chalon-sur-Saone to Tarascon
|30 Jun||Departing from Chalon-sur-Saone, France|
|01 Jul||Macon, France|
|02 Jul||Lyon, France|
|03 Jul||Vienne, France|
|03 Jul||Tournon-sur-Rhone, France|
|04 Jul||Viviers-sur-Rhone, France|
|04 Jul||Avignon, France|
|05 Jul||Avignon, France|
|06 Jul - 07 Jul||Tarascon, France (Overnight)|
|07 Jul||Arriving in Tarascon, France|
31 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Tarascon to Chalon-sur-Saone
07 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Tarascon to Chalon-sur-Saone
09 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Tarascon to Chalon-sur-Saone
16 September 2017 7 nights / 8 days, one-way from Chalon-sur-Saone to Tarascon
|17 Sep||Departing from Chalon-sur-Saone, France|
|18 Sep||Macon, France|
|19 Sep||Lyon, France|
|20 Sep||Vienne, France|
|20 Sep||Tournon-sur-Rhone, France|
|21 Sep||Viviers-sur-Rhone, France|
|21 Sep||Avignon, France|
|22 Sep||Avignon, France|
|23 Sep - 24 Sep||Tarascon, France (Overnight)|
|24 Sep||Arriving in Tarascon, France|