Seabourn Ovation Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seabourn Ovation
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||198 m / 650 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40350 gt|
|Passengers||604 - 650|
|Decks with cabins||11|
Review of Seabourn Ovation
Launched in 2018, Seabourn Ovation (currently under construction in Fincantieri, Italy) is the newest of Seabourn Cruise Line's ships, together with sister ship Seabourn Encore (scheduled for the end of 2016).
History - construction & ownership
Seabourn is a luxury cruise line, founded in 1986, with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Seabourn Cruise Line operates all around the globe, from short 7-day Caribbean cruises to exotic 100+ day world voyages. It is owned by Carnival Corporation and is part of the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" group, which also includes AIDA Cruises, Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and P&O Cruises. Seabourn is a considerable player in the luxury market, competing head-on with Silversea Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
The 40,350-ton, 604-passenger cruise ship Seabourn Ovation is a top luxury vessel with surprising facilities’ wealth. The new Ovation is 26% larger than the older Seabourn ships Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn. She holds 34% more guests, and has 6% less space per guest. The newest Seabourn ship features an additional deck and expanded public areas.
Cruise itinerary program
Seabourn Ovation itinerary program is based on luxury cruises to exotic destinations around the world.
Like all Seabourn ships, Ovation is an all-suite vessel, but every suite aboard this Seabourn vessel, has a private veranda. All accommodations are thoughtfully appointed, designed as homes with separate lounge room to unwind and entertain. The five Owner’s Suites measure up to 1,065 sq. feet (including a veranda); four Grand Suites (two-bedroom) are up to 1,680 sq. feet private living space. Choose to stay in a Penthouse Suite (one of the 21) on uppermost decks, featuring up to 540 sq. feet each.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Seabourn Ovation is operated with all-inclusive deals, and provides the best choice of dining venues (all complimentary) and open-bar lounges. Guests dine when, where, and with whom they wish. The design of Ovation features contemporary spaces created by the Adam Tihany’s company, including ship's Main Dining Room and the club-like Seabourn Square lounge area.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Ovation restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (main dining room with open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; the dining amenities are top-luxurious; the Restaurant’s dress code is “elegant casual” with optional “formal” dress on special nights.
- Sushi Restaurant (replacing the traditional “Restaurant 2” on the Odyssey-class Seabourn ships)
- Patio Grill (serves the pool area with grilled specialties, salads and several side dishes; fresh pizza by the slice is offered throughout the afternoon)
- The Colonnade (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; its chefs cook in an open kitchen and guests can enjoy watching food being prepared; the menu for dinner is differently themed each day; the restaurant has an aft Terrace and an outdoor seating area)
- The Grill by Thomas Keller (the menu and ambiance are inspired by the classic American chophouse; a collaboration between designer Adam D. Tihany and 3-star Michelin chef Thomas Keller).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The ambiance of Seabourn Ovation is relaxed, with a sheer activities’ variety. Most sailings feature the Seabourn line’s Caviar in Surf Beach Barbecue or Marina Days, when you can go kayaking or sailing right from ship. Seabourn cruise line’s service is ranked the best on the luxury cruising market – highly personalized and attentive. Tipping is not expected.
Follows the complete list of Seabourn Ovation lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Living room (open-floor area serving as a lounge with a small seating area)
- The Casino (with 1 roulette table, 3 gaming tables for blackjack and poker, 15 slot machines)
- The Club lounge (disco & nightclub)
- The Club Pool area (with one plunge pool flanked by two Whirlpools, served by The Club’s bar)
- Whirlpool (with open-deck area with loungers)
- Grand Salon (main show lounge for grand productions, featuring a 6-piece band; hosts guest lectures and presentations during the day)
- Card Room (cards playing and bard games room)
- 3 duty-free shops (The Boutique for fashion clothes, perfumes and luxury cosmetics; The Seabourn Shop for Seabourn-logo merchandise; The Collection for brand watches and jewelry)
- The Coffee Bar (patisserie & specialty coffee bar, serving Seabourn Square lounge area, which has a corner serving as the Library/Computer Centre)
- Patio Pool (swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, private cabanas; served with drinks by Patio Bar; the pool deck also hosts barbecue parties)
- Sky Bar (serves the Patio Pool’s balcony level)
- The “Spa at Seabourn” (11,400 ft2 wellness area spanning on two decks, with outdoor relaxation deck area, Massage-Treatment Rooms, Steam Room, Saunas, Thermal Suite, glass-roofed Spa pool, Beauty Salon)
- Fitness Center (panoramic-view modern gym)
- Motion Studio (separate Aerobics Room)
- Observation Bar (round-shaped observation lounge with grand piano)
- The Retreat (multi-use, open-air relaxation area with a 9-hole Golf putting green and courts for deck games - Giant Chess, Shuffleboard).
Seabourn Ovation wiki
Year built 2017
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 604 (650 max) / 450
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 40,350 tons / 820 ft (250 m)
Flag State (registered in) Bahamas
Ship builder Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)
Building cost USD 380 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Seabourn Cruise Line
Christened by -
Official website link Seabourn.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Seabourn Ovation related cruise news
The next cruise ship to be added to the fleet of Seabourn, Seabourn Ovation, had her keel laying ceremony yesterday, December 2, at...December 3, 2016
The steel cutting ceremony of Seabourn Ovation, which is the second of a pair of ultra-luxury ships which Fincantieri is currently building...June 7, 2016
Seabourn’s newest luxury ship, Seabourn Encore, will soon be sailing to the most desirable destinations around the world. With anticipation...October 29, 2015
Seabourn Cruise Line has opened for sale maiden season for the new Seabourn Encore. Between December 2016 and April 2017, she will sail from...March 5, 2015
Small ship line Seabourn have announced the names of its two newest ships. The vessels were ordered last year. Seabourn Encore will be launched...February 5, 2015