Crown Iris last position
Specifications of Crown Iris
|Year built||1992 / Age: 29|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Haifa (Tel Aviv, Israel)|
|Building cost||USD 230 million|
|Operator||Mano Cruises (Israel)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||207 m / 679 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40876 gt|
|Passengers||1462 - 1970|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Former names||Princess Iris, Celestyal Majesty, Thomson Majesty, Louis Majesty, Norwegian Majesty (NCL), Royal Majesty, Birka Queen|
|Christened by||Liza Minnelli|
Crown Iris Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jul 04||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 08||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 11||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 15||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 18||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 22||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 25||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Jul 29||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 01||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 05||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 08||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 12||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 15||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 19||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 22||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 26||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Aug 29||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 02||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 05||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 09||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 19||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 22||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 26||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Sep 30||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 03||11 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 14||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 24||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 28||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Oct 31||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Nov 04||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Nov 07||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Nov 11||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2021 Nov 14||12 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
Crown Iris Review
Review of Crown Iris
Launched in 1992, MS Crown Iris cruise ship is currently owned by Mano Maritime Israel - shipping company, subsidiary of Mano Holdings Group (owned by Moshe Mano) and owner of box ships (container carriers). Liner's only fleet mate is Golden Iris.
History - construction and ownership
Ship's previous owner (Louis Group Plc) leased it to Celestyal Cruises (Louis Group's subsidiary company). The liner was built as "MS Royal Majesty" and in 2012-2017 was operated under long-term by the UK company Marella Cruises (formerly "Thomson Cruises").
In 2017, Thomson UK ended the charter with Louis Group. The vessel left Thomson's fleet in November 2017 and joined Celestyal Cruises fleet (starting operations in March 2018). It was renamed to "Celestyal Majesty" and deployed in Western Mediterranean to operate on roundtrips leaving from Greece and Turkey.
In July 2018, Louis Group announced that the Malta-flagged liner was sold to Mano Cruises (Israel). The vessel (renamed "Princess Iris") was laid up in Piraeus-Athens, waiting for drydock refurbishment before entering service for Mano (now Panama-flagged). Following the drydock, it was renamed "Crown Iris" and started operations on May 25, 2019. The refurb resulted in upgraded staterooms and 5 new restaurants.
The 40,876-ton, 1,506-passenger Princess Iris was originally ordered as "MS Royal Majesty" for Majesty Cruise Line. In 1997, the cruise liner was sold to NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. The vessel has the highest Finnish-Swedish ice class for a passenger ship. As Norwegian Majesty, in 1998 the vessel was stretched (elongated) by adding a 33-m long midship section. The project was done at Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven GmbH (Bremerhaven Germany). The ship was sold to Louis Group in 2008.
Cruise itinerary program
Crown Iris cruise itineraries are roundtrips from homeport Haifa Israel to Cyprus, Greece (Greek Islands) and Italy. Itinerary options range from 2-3-4-5-7-9-12-days long voyages. Mini cruises (2-3-days) visit Larnaca Cyprus. The longest itineraries visit either Black Sea ports (in Bulgaria and Romania) or Greece and Italy (the Adriatic Sea and Sicily Island).
Princess Iris has a total of 727 cabins (of which 6 Suites, 477 Oceanview, 250 Inside, 20 Single, 4 Wheelchair accessible) in 16 grades. Most Princess Iris staterooms are 110-sq.foot Oceanview. Only 4 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Thomson Majesty is the Grand Suites (400 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are 5 restaurants onboard Princess Iris. The open-seating Seven Seas Restaurant offers elegant waiter-service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Four Seasons Restaurant is a smaller and intimate dining room with the same dining choices as the Seven Seas. Le Bistro is a la carte and boasts stylish interiors and a small cover charge. Cafe Royale buffet spreads 24 hours a day. Guests can enjoy cooked breakfasts and even late-night snacks. Piazza San Marco serves snacks like pizzas and burgers out on the pool deck. Room service can be ordered 24 hours a day for your cabin. Remember the Gala night - weekly Captain's Gala Dinner and Cocktail Party, worth dressing up for.
Follows the complete list of cruise ship's restaurants and food bars.
- Four Seasons Restaurant (the smaller of the two Dining Rooms; offers a more intimate atmosphere; dinner only, with 5-course dinner menu)
- Le Bistro Restaurant (French cuisine speciality restaurant, reservations-only with a la carte priced menu; also offers vegetarian choices)
- Seven Seas Restaurant (the bigger Dining Room, open-seating; offers waiter-service Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; Buffet style dining is offered at breakfast; the restaurant hosts the formal Captain's Gala Reception and Dinner)
- Cafe Royale (the smaller of the two buffet restaurants; operates as a self-service dining venue, part of which are The Chef's Corners Buffets)
- The Chef's Corners (offers pancakes, freshly baked waffles, classic fast food; serves the pool area with complimentary fast food and ice cream which costs extra)
- Piazza San Marco Restaurant (casual Lido buffet restaurant with large wraparound panoramic windows).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
There are 5 bars on the ship. The Royal Observatory, with its live music and great views, is one of the most sophisticated cocktail bars onboard a cruise ship. Rendezvous also offers live music and late-night cabarets. Polo Club is a central bar suitable for pre-drinks. The Coffee Bar is ideal for afternoon pick-me-ups, and Topsiders Bar is a poolside bar for drinks in the sunshine - in the evenings, it's a setting for deck parties. The two lounges onboard are the Jubilee Lounge, bringing performances from UK guest acts and crew singers, live band sets, game shows, late-night discos; the Royal Fireworks, offering cabarets, quizzes, performances from resident trios. Another opportunity for entertainment is the large Monte Carlo Casino, with a full range of slot machines and gaming tables. The stage for pilates and Zumba during the day is Frame 52. Two swimming pools are also available for cruisers.
Follows the complete list of the cruise ship lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Fireworks Lounge (served by the Wi-Fi spot Rendezvous Bar; daily entertainment features trivia quizzes, bingo games, live piano performances; in the evenings it offers cabarets and live band music)
- Browsers' Corner (24-hour combined Library and Internet Cafe)
- Broad Street Shops (duty-free shopping arcade with boutiques selling watches, fine jewellery, Mano Cruises logo merchandise, luxury perfumes, fashion clothes, liquor, tobaccos, convenience goods); Boutique (luxury Spa cosmetics, beauty products)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Card Room; Reading Room; Coffee Bar (Wi-Fi spot)
- Polo Club (a classy cocktail bar with a grand piano and party band)
- Jubilee Lounge (ship's theatre for grand-style evening production shows: music revues, cabaret, comedy acts, live music performances; transforms into a disco nightclub nights; Afternoon Tea is served on sea days)
- Monte Carlo Casino (served by its own Bar)
- The Frame 52 Disco nightclub (daily wellness classes: Aerobics, personal training, Yoga and Pilates are at extra charge)
- Royal Observatory (indoor observation lounge/Wi-Fi spot)
- Main Pool area (2 swimming pools - one main flanked by two whirlpools, and one adult-only, sunbathing area; served by Pool Bar and Topsiders Bar)
- Kids Club (play area, complimentary; offers supervised age-appropriate activities for kids 3-11 yo); Video Games Arcade; Graffiti's Teen Area
- Sana Wellness Centre (Spa complex, consisting of Beauty Salon, well-equipped Gym, 4 Treatment Rooms, room with whirlpool tub, Sauna)
- Oceans Spa & Gym (Wellness Centre: Spa treatments, hairdresser/barber services, Massage Rooms, Saunas, Beauty Salon, Relaxation Area; The Gym has a separate Aerobic Studio).
Crown Iris - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crown IrisAdd Photo
Crown Iris ship related cruise news
A cruise passenger with serious health problems has been airlifted by Cyprus rescue services and transported to Paphos hospital early Monday, July 22...July 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
On Saturday, May 25, the Crown Iris cruise ship arrived in Larnaca from Haifa thus marking the beginning of a new line between the coastal cities...May 28, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celestyal Cruises announced that Thomson Majesty will conclude the successful charter with Thomson Cruises and contribute to the extension of 2018...November 14, 2017
The Thomson UK's ship Thomson Majesty has lost propulsion power following minor engine room fire off Livorno. The ship left the port in Italy en...October 24, 2016
- show more news
Other Mano Cruises cruise ships
Crown Iris Wiki
The vessel was built in 1992 and originally ordered as "MS Birka Queen" by Birka Cruises. However, it was completed and launched under the name "ms Royal Majesty" and her godmother is Liza May Minnelli (US actress and singer). The ship debuted as a part of Majesty Cruise Line's fleet (operational between 1992-1997, now defunct). Since then the vessel's name (and owner) has been changed 3 times, with former names "Norwegian Majesty" (for NCL Norwegian) and Louis Majesty (Louis Cruises / Celestyal Cruises). The vessel was sold to NCL in 1997 when was enlarged during a drydock refit (lengthened by 34 m / 112 ft) at Lloyd Werft shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany).
The ship was part of 1995's "Titanic Cruise" expedition to the sinking site of RMS Titanic. Royal Majesty carried survivors from the Titanic disaster while parts of the sunken liner were being salvaged.
In 2012-2017, the ship (previously "Louis Majesty") was operated under charter by Thomson UK (Marella Cruises). Thomson carried out fleetwide refurbishment plan for upgrades to the in-house category "Platinum Status" (akin to 4-star ranking).
The following table shows ship's last cruise for Thomson (Marella). The 7 nights / 8 days itinerary (themed "Spirit of Iberia") was roundtrip from Spain. Prices started from USD 680 pp (double occupancy).
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Nov||Departing from Malaga, Spain|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Portimao, Portugal|
|23 Nov 09:00 - 19:00||Casablanca, Morocco|
|24 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|25 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|26 Nov||Arriving in Malaga, Spain|
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic-related travel restrictions worldwide, Mano Cruises cancelled Crown Iris ship's entire 2020 season (March through December). December). A total of 32 itineraries (departures from homeport Haifa Israel) were cancelled. Operations were planned to restart on March 18, 2021.
Crown Iris User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review