Crown Iris Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crown Iris
|Year built||1992 / Age : 27|
|Builder||Wartsila Marine Perno Shipyard (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 230 million|
|Operator||Mano Cruises (Israel)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||207 m / 679 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40876 gt|
|Passengers||1462 - 1970|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Former names||Princess Iris, Celestyal Majesty, Thomson Majesty, Louis Majesty, Norwegian Majesty (NCL), Royal Majesty, Birka Queen|
|Christened by||Liza Minnelli|
Current itinerary / position of Crown Iris
Crown Iris current cruise is 5 days, round-trip Greece. The itinerary starts on 14 Jul, 2019 and ends on 19 Jul, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
Review of Crown Iris
Launched in 1992, MS Crown Iris cruise ship is currently owned by Mano Maritime Israel - shipping company, subsidiary of Mano Holdings Group (owned by Moshe Mano) and owner of box ships (container carriers). Liner's only fleet mate is Golden Iris.
History - construction and ownership
Ship's previous owner (Louis Group Plc) leased it to Celestyal Cruises (Louis Group's subsidiary company). The liner was built as "MS Royal Majesty" and in 2012-2017 was operated under long-term by the UK company Marella Cruises (formerly "Thomson Cruises").
In 2017, Thomson UK ended the charter with Louis Group. The vessel left Thomson's fleet in November 2017 and joined Celestyal Cruises fleet (starting operations in March 2018). It was renamed to "Celestyal Majesty" and deployed in Western Mediterranean to operate on roundtrips leaving from Greece and Turkey.
In July 2018, Louis Group announced that the Malta-flagged liner was sold to Mano Cruises (Israel). The vessel (renamed "Princess Iris") was laid up in Piraeus-Athens, waiting for drydock refurbishment before entering service for Mano (now Panama-flagged). Following the drydock, it was renamed "Crown Iris" and started operations on May 25, 2019. The refurb resulted in upgraded staterooms and 5 new restaurants.
The 40,876-ton, 1,506-passenger Princess Iris was originally ordered as "MS Royal Majesty" for Majesty Cruise Line. In 1997, the cruise liner was sold to NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. The vessel has the highest Finnish-Swedish ice class for a passenger ship. As Norwegian Majesty, in 1998 the vessel was stretched (elongated) by adding a 33-m long midship section. The project was done at Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven GmbH (Bremerhaven Germany). The ship was sold to Louis Group in 2008.
Cruise itinerary program
Crown Iris cruise itineraries are roundtrips from homeport Haifa Israel to Cyprus, Greece (Greek Islands) and Italy. Itinerary options range from 2-3-4-5-7-9-12-days long voyages. Mini cruises (2-3-days) visit Larnaca Cyprus. The longest itineraries visit either Black Sea ports (in Bulgaria and Romania) or Greece and Italy (the Adriatic Sea and Sicily Island).
Princess Iris has a total of 727 cabins (of which 6 Suites, 477 Oceanview, 250 Inside, 20 Single, 4 Wheelchair accessible) in 16 grades. Most Princess Iris staterooms are 110-sq.foot Oceanview. Only 4 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Thomson Majesty is the Grand Suites (400 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are 5 restaurants onboard Princess Iris. The open-seating Seven Seas Restaurant offers elegant waiter-service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Four Seasons Restaurant is a smaller and intimate dining room with the same dining choices as the Seven Seas. Le Bistro is a la carte and boasts stylish interiors and a small cover charge. Cafe Royale buffet spreads 24 hours a day. Guests can enjoy cooked breakfasts and even late-night snacks. Piazza San Marco serves snacks like pizzas and burgers out on the pool deck. Room service can be ordered 24 hours a day for your cabin. Remember the Gala night - weekly Captain's Gala Dinner and Cocktail Party, worth dressing up for.
Follows the complete list of cruise ship's restaurants and food bars.
- Four Seasons Restaurant (the smaller of the two Dining Rooms; offers a more intimate atmosphere; dinner only, with 5-course dinner menu)
- Le Bistro Restaurant (French cuisine speciality restaurant, reservations-only with a la carte priced menu; also offers vegetarian choices)
- Seven Seas Restaurant (the bigger Dining Room, open-seating; offers waiter-service Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner; Buffet style dining is offered at breakfast; the restaurant hosts the formal Captain's Gala Reception and Dinner)
- Cafe Royale (the smaller of the two buffet restaurants; operates as a self-service dining venue, part of which are The Chef's Corners Buffets)
- The Chef's Corners (offers pancakes, freshly baked waffles, classic fast food; serves the pool area with complimentary fast food and ice cream which costs extra)
- Piazza San Marco Restaurant (casual Lido buffet restaurant with large wraparound panoramic windows).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
There are 5 bars on the ship. The Royal Observatory, with its live music and great views, is one of the most sophisticated cocktail bars onboard a cruise ship. Rendezvous also offers live music and late-night cabarets. Polo Club is a central bar suitable for pre-drinks. The Coffee Bar is ideal for afternoon pick-me-ups, and Topsiders Bar is a poolside bar for drinks in the sunshine - in the evenings, it's a setting for deck parties. The two lounges onboard are the Jubilee Lounge, bringing performances from UK guest acts and crew singers, live band sets, game shows, late-night discos; the Royal Fireworks, offering cabarets, quizzes, performances from resident trios. Another opportunity for entertainment is the large Monte Carlo Casino, with a full range of slot machines and gaming tables. The stage for pilates and Zumba during the day is Frame 52. Two swimming pools are also available for cruisers.
Follows the complete list of the cruise ship lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Fireworks Lounge (served by the Wi-Fi spot Rendezvous Bar; daily entertainment features trivia quizzes, bingo games, live piano performances; in the evenings it offers cabarets and live band music)
- Browsers' Corner (24-hour combined Library and Internet Cafe)
- Broad Street Shops (duty-free shopping arcade with boutiques selling watches, fine jewellery, Mano Cruises logo merchandise, luxury perfumes, fashion clothes, liquor, tobaccos, convenience goods); Boutique (luxury Spa cosmetics, beauty products)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Card Room; Reading Room; Coffee Bar (Wi-Fi spot)
- Polo Club (a classy cocktail bar with a grand piano and party band)
- Jubilee Lounge (ship's theatre for grand-style evening production shows: music revues, cabaret, comedy acts, live music performances; transforms into a disco nightclub nights; Afternoon Tea is served on sea days)
- Monte Carlo Casino (served by its own Bar)
- The Frame 52 Disco nightclub (daily wellness classes: Aerobics, personal training, Yoga and Pilates are at extra charge)
- Royal Observatory (indoor observation lounge/Wi-Fi spot)
- Main Pool area (2 swimming pools - one main flanked by two whirlpools, and one adult-only, sunbathing area; served by Pool Bar and Topsiders Bar)
- Kids Club (play area, complimentary; offers supervised age-appropriate activities for kids 3-11 yo); Video Games Arcade; Graffiti's Teen Area
- Sana Wellness Centre (Spa complex, consisting of Beauty Salon, well-equipped Gym, 4 Treatment Rooms, room with whirlpool tub, Sauna)
- Oceans Spa & Gym (Wellness Centre: Spa treatments, hairdresser/barber services, Massage Rooms, Saunas, Beauty Salon, Relaxation Area; The Gym has a separate Aerobic Studio).
Crown Iris wiki
The vessel was built in 1992 and originally ordered as "MS Birka Queen" by Birka Cruises. However, it was completed and launched under the name "ms Royal Majesty" and her godmother is Liza May Minnelli (US actress and singer). The ship debuted as a part of Majesty Cruise Line's fleet (operational between 1992-1997, now defunct). Since then the vessel's name (and owner) has been changed 3 times, with former names "Norwegian Majesty" (for NCL Norwegian) and Louis Majesty (Louis Cruises / Celestyal Cruises). The vessel was sold to NCL in 1997 when was enlarged during a drydock refit (lengthened by 34 m / 112 ft) at Lloyd Werft shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany).
The ship was part of 1995's "Titanic Cruise" expedition to the sinking site of RMS Titanic. Royal Majesty carried survivors from the Titanic disaster while parts of the sunken liner were being salvaged.
In 2012-2017, the ship (previously "Louis Majesty") was operated under charter by Thomson UK (Marella Cruises). Thomson carried out fleetwide refurbishment plan for upgrades to the in-house category "Platinum Status" (akin to 4-star ranking).
The following table shows ship's last cruise for Thomson (Marella). The 7 nights / 8 days itinerary (themed "Spirit of Iberia") was roundtrip from Spain. Prices started from USD 680 pp (double occupancy).
|19 Nov||Departing from Malaga, Spain|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Portimao, Portugal|
|23 Nov 09:00 - 19:00||Casablanca, Morocco|
|24 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|25 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|26 Nov||Arriving in Malaga, Spain|
Crown Iris - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crown IrisAdd Photo
Crown Iris ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
On Saturday, May 25, the Crown Iris cruise ship arrived in Larnaca from Haifa thus marking the beginning of a new line between the coastal cities...May 28, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celestyal Cruises announced that Thomson Majesty will conclude the successful charter with Thomson Cruises and contribute to the extension of 2018...November 14, 2017
The Thomson Cruises' ship Thomson Majesty has lost propulsion power following minor fire in the engine room off Livorno. The ship left the port...October 24, 2016
- show more news
Other Mano Cruises cruise ships
Crown Iris Itineraries
The below listed Crown Iris cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Small Cruise Lines fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Jun 30||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 04||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 07||7 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 14||5 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 19||2 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 21||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 25||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Jul 28||5 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 02||2 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 04||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 08||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 11||5 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 16||2 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 18||5 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 23||2 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 25||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Aug 29||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 01||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 05||3 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 08||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 12||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 22||5 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Sep 27||5 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Oct 02||9 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Oct 11||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Oct 15||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Oct 18||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Oct 22||12 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 03||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 07||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 10||5 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 15||2 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 17||4 days, round-trip Greece||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 21||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 24||4 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
|2019 Nov 28||3 days, round-trip Cyprus||Haifa|
Crown Iris User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review