Crystal River Cruises (Crystal Cruises)
Crystal Mahler Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Mahler
|Year built||2017 / Age : 1|
|Builder||MV Werften (Wismar, Germany)|
|Class||Rhine-class River Cruiser|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||114 - 169|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Christened by||Lauren Barfield|
Review of Crystal Mahler
Crystal Mahler cruise ship belongs to the fleet of Crystal River Cruises. The company operates a total of 4 newbuild top-luxury "river yachts" (by the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft / MV Werften, Wismar Germany) plus 1 riverboat acquired in 2015. Mahler's fleetmates and sister-ships are named Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel. To start operations, the Crystal river cruise line purchased an existing riverboat - Crystal Mozart - that was fully refurbished and launched in July 2016.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
Crystal River Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) operate with fully all-inclusive deals. Brand's product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment program, high-class onboard entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild riverboats in Europe. In each port along the cruisetour itinerary are offered culture-themed events and excursions. In some ports, Crystal river cruise ships offer overnight stays allowing passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment shipboard.
To start its operations, the Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered four new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft, Germany). All boats were delivered in mid 2017.
Crystal Mahler was launched on August 29, 2017.
The Mahler ship has capacity for 114 passengers (max 169 pax / triple occupancy) and top-luxury suites (ranging from 20-71 m2 / 220-760 ft2). All staterooms on the new series Crystal river cruise ships feature the following industry-first cabin amenities - King beds, walk-in closets, and en-suite marble bathrooms with double sink vanities.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner / party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill. All venues are operated with open-seating dining.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish (Holland), seasonal fruits and vegetables (Holland, Germany), meat and poultry (Austrian Alps and Bavarian farms), local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ship are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Mahler ship has 3 lounges and bars, 4 restaurants, 1 panoramic / glass elevator, gym and spa facilities. Unique features are the glass-domed atrium area and the indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool). The ship’s show lounge, Palm Court, has a stage for live performances, grand piano performances, singalongs. The lounge features a dance floor for themed dancing parties, glass-dome cover, floor-ceiling window walls, live plants for decoration, comfortable seating, full-service bar. The 24-hour open coffee-tea corner, The Pantry, offers complimentary fruit basket, pastries, cookies, sparkling water. On the new river yachts there are also Fitness Center and full-service Spa. One deck is dedicated to all onboard public spaces (including spa, gym, library, glass-domed Palm Court lounge). Each riverboat carries its own fleet of electric bikes, 2-person kayaks and jet skis for complimentary passenger use on individual or guided tours and excursions ashore.
River cruise Itineraries
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free Wi-Fi and satellite Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programing (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (shore excursions / land tours).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal Mahler wiki
- Crystal Mahler riverboat is named after the Austrian composer and conductor Gustav Mahler (1860 – 1911). With scheduled launch in 2017 (on August 29), the ship's godmother and christening ceremony details are yet to be revealed.
- Crystal Bach (yard number 120) and Crystal Mahler (yard number 123) had a dual keel laying ceremony held on August 19, 2016, at MV Werften shipyard (Wismar Germany). The first steel plates were flame cut. The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (Genting Hong Kong's Executive Chairman), Edie Rodriguez (Crystal Cruises’ President, CEO and Chairman) and Erwin Sellering (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern's Prime Minister). During the ceremony, "lucky coins" were placed on the keel blocks before the ship's first 2 sections (each 170 tons) were laid down.
- Crystal Mahler belongs to a new (yacht-like) design riverboats. From the same class are the Crystal ships Crystal Bach (same capacity) and the other pair of sister-ships Debussy and Ravel. Another member of the Crystal's river ship fleet is Crystal Mozart (formerly named MS Mozart).
- Crystal River Cruises took delivery of the Crystal Mahler ship on September 20, 20017. The ceremony was held at MV Werften's Wismar shipyard. The 2nd Rhine Class ship was received by Tom Wolber (Crystal's newly appointed President and CEO). The vessel was christened by godmother Lauren Barfield (American volleyball star).
- The riverboat's Inaugural Cruise (Maiden Voyage) was scheduled for August 29, 2017. The ship cruises on Rhine and Danube rivers. The 16-night "Grand Europe" (maiden itinerary) included overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau, Amsterdam. However, due to delivery delay, the maiden voyage's itinerary was revised. Instead of Budapest to Amsterdam (September 30), the riverboat operated a roundtrip from Amsterdam, with ports in Switzerland and Germany.
- For season 2018, Crystal River Cruises added 4 shorter Danube itineraries on Crystal Mahler as alternatives / segments to the standard 16-day itineraries offered by the ship. The new Crystal Mahler cruises included three 7-day "Danube Serenade" itineraries (between Budapest and Vienna), plus one 11-day "Reflections on Danube" (April-May).The 16-day "Grand Europe" itinerary (between Amsterdam and Budapest, on Rhine-Main-Danube) is operated during most part of the year.The new short itineraries' departure dates were scheduled for April 10 (hosted by Nancy Brinker), April 17, April 24 ("President Cruise" hosted by Crystal's CEO Edie Rodriguez) and May 1.
- The following table shows the ship's 16-day itinerary (Amsterdam to Budapest) as ports of call sequence and port dates. Prices start from around USD 8200 pp.
|17 Oct||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|18 Oct - 15:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|19 Oct||Cologne, Germany|
|20 Oct||Koblenz, Germany|
|20 Oct||Rhine River|
|21 Oct||Main River|
|21 Oct||Miltenberg, Germany|
|21 Oct||Wertheim, Germany|
|22 Oct||Wurzburg, Germany|
|23 Oct||Bamberg, Germany|
|24 Oct||Nuremberg, Germany|
|25 Oct||Regensburg, Germany|
|25 Oct||Main River|
|26 Oct||Deggendorf, Germany|
|26 Oct 18:00 - 26 Oct||Passau, Germany (Overnight)|
|27 Oct - 13:00||Passau, Germany|
|27 Oct||Danube River|
|28 Oct||Melk, Austria|
|28 Oct||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|28 Oct||Durnstein, Austria|
|29 Oct 06:00 - 23:00||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|29 Oct 23:00 - 11:00||Vienna, Austria|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Bratislava, Slovakia|
|01 Nov 08:00 - 23:00||Budapest, Hungary|
|01 Nov||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|
The cruisetour includes 3 shipboard overnights (in Amsterdam, Passau, and Vienna).
Crystal Mahler - user reviews and comments
Crystal Mahler ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises unveiled its collection of picturesque sailings for 2020. Line's award-winning fleet of 5 all-suite luxury river boats: Crystal...August 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises announced over 2 dozen new Crystal Getaways for 3 of its river ships, sailing between May-November 2018. The new Getaways...April 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises took delivery of river cruise ship Crystal Mahler on Wednesday, September 20, 20017. The handover ceremony was held at MV...September 21, 2017
- show more news
Other Crystal River Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Mahler Itineraries
The below listed Crystal Mahler cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Crystal Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 20||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4585|
|2018 Dec 06||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$5148|
|2018 Dec 22||11 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$3422|
|2019 Mar 29||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$4057|
|2019 Apr 08||10 days, round-trip Treasures of the Danube||Vienna||$4057|
|2019 Apr 18||11 days, round-trip Eastern Danube Discoveries||Vienna||$5172|
|2019 Apr 29||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$3520|
|2019 May 06||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest||$3520|
|2019 May 13||7 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$3745|
|2019 May 20||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$8013|
|2019 Jun 05||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$8013|
|2019 Jun 21||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$8013|
|2019 Jul 07||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$8013|
|2019 Jul 23||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$8013|
|2019 Aug 08||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$8013|
|2019 Aug 24||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$8013|
|2019 Sep 09||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$8013|
|2019 Sep 25||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$8013|
|2019 Oct 11||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$8013|
|2019 Oct 27||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Linz||Budapest||$3065|
|2019 Nov 03||7 days, one-way from Linz to Budapest||Linz||$2615|
|2019 Nov 10||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Linz||Budapest||$2615|
|2019 Nov 17||7 days, one-way from Linz to Budapest||Linz||$2615|
|2019 Nov 24||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest||$2615|
|2019 Dec 01||7 days, one-way from Passau to Budapest||Passau||$2615|
|2019 Dec 08||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest||$2615|
|2019 Dec 15||7 days, one-way from Passau to Budapest||Passau||$2615|
|2019 Dec 22||11 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$4817|